Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't play on own dedicated server?

Page: 1 of 1
 nuclear
03-29-2002, 5:21 PM
Lookin for a little help here, although I'm guessing I'm out of luck on this one. I fired up a dedicated server...it works perfectly except I barely can stay on it long enough for me to play (from the same machine) After a while I usually get the error message:

CL_ParsePacketEntities: End of message

I assume this is because both the client and server are running on the same machine. Is there a way around this perhaps? I'd like to keep my server up and running but if I can't play on it there's no point.
 Hanging P
03-30-2002, 5:29 PM
You're not out of luck.

It just sounds like you're trying to join from the internet list which attempts to connect to an external ip. I'm assuming you're behind a router which makes this impossible.

Join from the "local" servers tab. That way it will find your server as it is on your network, and it will join you via the internal ip. (which would be something like 192.168.0.10x)
Page: 1 of 1