Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dedicated server problems

Page: 1 of 1
 LogRoller
03-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Two big problems. Here are my specs, first:

Athlon Duron 800, Voodoo3 3000, 256M RAM, running behind a Netgear RT314 router, with all applicable ports opened.

1. Whenever I try to run a dedicated server using a command line, the console message window indicates that the game is running in "demo mode". It then looks for applicable cfg files in the demo directory, and craps out.

I've actually tried making the directory and putting in the cfg files, but that's not working either.

2. People on my server get dropped periodically, and the server stops appearing in the internet server list. I do not know what the cause of this is. It seems to occur at random. People can play for 5 minutes or 2 hours, but they eventually get dropped. The disconnection is complete, apart from myself - I'm behind the router, and I am still connected to a fully functioning server when everyone else drops.

I thought that this might be a router issue, but there does not appear to be anything specific causing the phenomenon. I have a dynamically assigned IP, but the IP is not changing during play. I have not had this problem with MoH or Quake 3. All of the installations are clean, including the server, and all users.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need any more information, I'd be happy to supply it.
 LogRoller
03-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Whoops, forgot the command line:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set dedicated 2 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +exec server.cfg ++set net_port 27970
 Hanging P
03-29-2002, 2:14 PM
Which computer is set up as the dmz host?
 LogRoller
03-29-2002, 2:26 PM
There is no DMZ host. The Router acts as the DHCP server, and has built in NAT. The ports have been opened in the router bios to allow communication to the outside.
Page: 1 of 1