Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Routers and the Zone

Page: 1 of 1
 Forest Boy
11-19-2001, 1:03 AM
I've got a router with NAT and two machines hooked up that both want to play Star Wars on the zone. Unfortunately, my router does not support port duplication for it's forwarding. Does anyone know which ports Star Wars uses for internet play? And also, is there a way to force Star Wars to use a pre-determined port?
 Kudar
11-19-2001, 9:08 AM
I don't know what port it uses, I'm also not sure that GB supports NAT, but to try and find the port why not try using something like wingate on your router(www.wingate.com) to see, that should enable you to see what port it's trying to communicate with, possibly.
 no1
11-21-2009, 9:07 PM
SWGB itself uses DirectPlay - generally you can't change the ports it will want to use.
Anyway for forwarding you can use: 2300-2400 and 47624 - both TCP and UDP. NAT works fine if its all forwarded correctly.
Page: 1 of 1