Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help please:CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible Server

Page: 1 of 1
 Siege
03-29-2002, 4:10 AM
Is anyone else getting this error playing multiplayer? It doesn't matter if I'm playing against bots - it still drops me to the main menu with that error. Argh...
 Siege
03-29-2002, 12:43 PM
*bump*

Hoping someone can help me out on this one since I'm unable to play MP or against the bots. Some other people on IRC were having the same problem. We're stumped. =/
 Vagabond
03-29-2002, 1:09 PM
Did you actually buy the game?
 Siege
03-29-2002, 1:20 PM
Yeah, I bought it. Should I scan the manual or something? :p
 StormHammer
03-29-2002, 1:23 PM
Hmmm...sounds like this is a problem for...the Tech Help Forum *fanfare of corny music* :)

I'll move you over there now, so the tech-heads can scrutinise your problem from every conceivable angle... :D
 Siege
03-29-2002, 1:34 PM
Doh! I found out what the problem is and why you asked if I bought the game or not, heh. I had applied the no-cd crack (I HATE having to find and put the cd in for my games) and it wasn't liking it. Anyway, all fixed now.
 Vagabond
03-29-2002, 1:38 PM
Just so everyone understands the solution, are you saying that if you stop using the cracked NoCD executable, the problem goes away?
 Siege
03-29-2002, 2:08 PM
Yes. If you go back to the original (non-cracked) multiplayer exe - it will work without fault. However, the no-cd crack still works for single player.
Page: 1 of 1