Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

You Lucky Jedi! Mine Was A Dud! :(

Page: 1 of 1
 PRAXEUM
03-29-2002, 1:14 AM
FELLOW JEDI,

You guys are so lucky :) I got home today from my college history course, which i waited through what seemed like 10 hours staring at the clock waiting to get home and find that nice cardboard box at my door. I finally did and opened it and was overcome by excitement. I sat down and popped in the cd and clicked install. After 1% it freezes and pops up a prompt looking for a file on the cd it cant find. I call technicall support and tell them the problem and they inform me that there have been a few cases of this and that mines a dud and i have to send it back to them for a new one. SIGH, got back from the post office a few hours ago, which i drove like a madman to get to before closing in hopes of shaving a few days off them receiving and sending me a new one. Ive always heard stories about people getting duds, now im one of them. *sigh* The tech guy said some statistic like 100/100000. Jesus, if only i was this luck with the freakin lottery huh! Enjoy my fellow Jedi, I will join you shortly.. :)

PRAX
:fett:
 arctic_series
03-29-2002, 1:20 AM
lol don't let them get away with sending you a dud.. make them pay... WITH A COLLECTORS EDITION TIN !!! HA

yes so you should've tried to negotiate some sort of compensation or something.. good way to get collectors edition for less :D
 Tetengo Noor
03-29-2002, 1:20 AM
Well that sucks. But, before you know it you'll be playing in no time. Can't wait to meet up with ya in a duel sometime :).
 monkey jedi
03-29-2002, 1:21 AM
I await your arival to our little corner of the gaming galaxy.:cool:
 BloodyShark
03-29-2002, 1:21 AM
I have heard about 5 cases of this already today. kinda messed up. you might be able to return it to the store you bought it from and say the cd isnt working so they give you a new copy.
 StormHammer
03-29-2002, 1:22 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, Praxeum. :( There's nothing worse than anticipating a game...and then finding that it doesn't work because of a tiny glitch in the processing.

I'm going to move this topic to the Tech Help forum so that anyone else experiencing this problem can see a solution straight away. ;)
 Ntin
03-29-2002, 1:38 AM
Guess i need to be sending mine back too =/
 The_Enforcer
03-29-2002, 1:53 AM
Mine's a dud as well. anyone know how to guilt Lucasarts into sending me the collector's edition? sounds pretty sweeeeeet. :D
 chiablo
03-29-2002, 1:57 AM
[i] The tech guy said some statistic like 100/100000. [/B]

wouldn't that be 1/1000

I'd think the ratio would be alot lower... like 1/100000 or 1/10000.

durn graid skool math.
Page: 1 of 1