Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please help! Can't run JK2!

Page: 1 of 1
 ashbraun1
03-29-2002, 12:51 AM
I have a Geforce 2 GTS and when I load the game up and the monitor goes black and tries to switch to 640x480 it gets booted back to the desktop with the console.

The console says something like: "Can't initialize OpenGL"

I never chose OpenGl and I don't have any problems running other quake3 games.

Can anyone help me please?
 Smitty
03-29-2002, 1:24 AM
I had same problem with my POS 16mb Riva TNT card (hottest thing around 3 years ago). Anyway, I updated my drivers and viola, it works fine.
 StormHammer
03-29-2002, 1:41 AM
Welcome to the forums. ;) Here...*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*.

Sorry to hear about your problem, ashbraun1. As Smitty said, it's most likely a driver problem. I also have a Geforce 2 GTS/Pro with 32Mb DDR, and that game runs fine for me. I've currently got the Detonator 21.83 drivers installed, which have so far proven stable on my system.

And Kenn Hoekstra from Raven recommends not going above the 23.11 drivers because of some issues on NVIDIA cards with this game. Hope that's helpful to you.

Anyway, I'm moving this thread to the Tech Help forum so that other people with a similar problem can find a solution more easily. ;)
Page: 1 of 1