Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MULTIPLAYER: Can't get ANY servers to show up...

Page: 1 of 1
 bleutuna
03-28-2002, 10:46 PM
I can't get a single server to show up when I'm in multiplayer.

I'm have a cable modem, and have no problem playing Return to Castle Wolfenstien at all. My source is *Internet*, I have all the other settings to YES or ALL, and my dataspeed is DSL/LAN. My firewall is turned off.

Yet, when I click GET NEW LIST - there's not a single server that shows up :(

Anyone have the same problem? Anyone know how to *fix* this problem?
 Econ
03-28-2002, 11:11 PM
you need to make sure you are not using the LOCAL service.. make sure it say Internet or something.. I had the same thing..

see ya on the servers
:jawa
 StormHammer
03-29-2002, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the forums. :D Here...*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion* ;)

I'm moving this thread over to the Tech Help forum so the tech-heads can scrutinise your problem. ;)
 ls20
03-29-2002, 1:58 AM
ya.. you know i was sitting there for 5 minutse trying to figure it out..

turns out i had it to Local network instead of "Internet"

stupi dme :o
 Legatto
03-29-2002, 2:01 AM
Ok.

I too cannot connect.

I looked in the help file, anc came across this lil tidbit.

"The specific UDP ports that Jedi Outcast uses are 28060, 28061, 28062, and 28070 through 28081 (inclusive.) These ports need to be opened in the Out-bound direction to join games. They will also need to be opened in the In-bound direction if you want players outside of your firewall to be able to join your dedicated or non-dedicated servers behind your firewall. "

Ok. I opened those ports(as best I know anyways, I may not have) . Nothing.

Lynxsys 4 port router, only 3 computers on it.

Ive heard that lynxsys routers cause alot of problems with games, though up untill now I have had none. I can play the origional jedi knight, counterstrike, serious sam, dark age of camelot just fine.

ANy help would be DEARLY appreciated.
 Innerva
03-29-2002, 2:33 AM
I have the same problem as well. Have turned off firewall, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, tried someone else's jk2mpconfig file. Nothing. And yes, it's set to internet.

In the console, it just says querying master server, and nothing happens.

I play tribes 2 with no problems at all.
 CiD
03-29-2002, 1:09 PM
Page: 1 of 1