Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber tactics for Multi-Player.

Page: 1 of 1
 Zodiac
03-28-2002, 11:41 PM
First of: Thanks Raven for JK2. It's awesome.
This is the first post about anything tactical about saberfighting with multi-player. I've played non stop saberfights since I got it few days ago, but I'm still feel very newbie (like everybody else) :p, so feel free to comment if u think I just wrote something very dumb.
Ok. here goes, just a few saber tips/hints:

1)
On strong saber style u can start up a swing, and then move in any direction. That's one of those unique aspects of strong saberstyle. Let me explain this a bit: In JK2 u can do all sorts of different saberslashes. "Strafe right + fire1" gives you a different saberslash than "strafe left + fire1".

Now in 2 saberstyles, Medium and Fast= where u go is what kind of saberslash u get. Example: when u fire1 while moving backwards and strafing right, u get the saberslash that matches "fire1 + back + strafe right". You can't do that same slash while moving to any other direction.

This is a bit different in Strong Saberstyle. In Strong saberstyle you can start a swing, and during that swing you can move anywhere u want. Example: you quickly push "fire1 + strafe left". Now while your player is preparing for the slash and is actually swinging that slash, you can move freely to ANY direction u want. (Towards the person u want to hit for example!!). See, you're not forced to move strafe left, even tho ur performing the strafe left saberslash.

2)
Ever noticed that in Strong saberstyle, any saberswing that involves a strafing right movement, gives a bigger swing then a saberswing that involves a strafing left-movement?
"fire1 + strafe right + any other directional move"= BIG sllooow slash.
"fire1 + strafe left + any other directional move"=smaller faster slash.

Use this knowledge while fighting, cuz with those bigger "fire1 + strafe right" saberslashes u can cover a bigger area and damage more people, but you're also more vulnerable for counterattacks because the swing takes more time.

3)
I don't exactly know how the damage system works, but I've figured out this much:

When the enemy starts up and is at the normal 100 health and 20 shields: One Strong saberstyle big slash brings the enemy back to 0 shields and about 25-30 health. You can then finish it by using Medium Saberstyle or even Fast Saberstyle.

When the enemy has no shields left and is at 100 health: One Strong saberstyle "big forward"-slash is enough to kill him/her.

Remember: only 2 good hits is all u need for a kill (if ur opponent doesn't get bacta or uses some light-force-power). :)

4)
It's all about predicting, especially when u have some distance between u and ur opponent. Use the big Strong saberslashes to slash at the area where u think ur opponent's going to run to. If you do this correctly, your opponent will most likely run into your swing. It's all about observing, thinking, etc lol. Know what ur opponent will do next and u'll win.

5)
Time your swings. Don't just slash around like mad and run towards your opponent! Remember that the opponent can't swing or defend himself for a brief moment after a Strong Saberstyle Slash. Wait for that brief moment to engage and hit him.

ok... please feel free to post any more tips/hints/tactics about saberfighting. I myself need all the help I can get :D
 Zodiac
03-28-2002, 11:58 PM
I myself am also Dutch and my english is bad. sorry for that, i hope u all kinda understood what i was trying to write..
 qibbish
03-29-2002, 8:57 AM
Actually, your english is quite good. I didn't even notice your syntactic errors until the second post.. well, aside from this typo

Originally posted by Zodiac
Use this knowledge while fighting, cuz with those bigger "fire1 + strafe left" saberslashes u can cover a bigger area and damage more people, but

or, well.. what I think is a typo since you just finished saying the fire1 + strafe right was the bigger one.

tata,

(:: me

btw- love this post.
 charliealpha
03-29-2002, 9:03 AM
great tips :) thanks!
 Makkoan
03-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Sounds like you love strong saberstance ;)
Great tips!!!
 Zodiac
03-29-2002, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by qibbish
Actually, your english is quite good. I didn't even notice your syntactic errors until the second post.. well, aside from this typo

or, well.. what I think is a typo since you just finished saying the fire1 + strafe right was the bigger one.

tata,

(:: me

btw- love this post.

Oops. yup it was a typo. thanks for noticing, edited it. :)
Page: 1 of 1