Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Linux Ded. Server on FreeBSD

Page: 1 of 1
 Wintrmte
03-28-2002, 10:48 PM
Has anyone got the Ded. server working on FreeBSD? I've been able to get RTCW and Q3A running, but this guy seems a bit more difficult.

Anyone had any luck?

I'm running FreeBSD 4.5 with the linux-compat 6.1 installed.
 Relamapgo
03-29-2002, 7:30 AM
I had it running on my FreeBSD 4.2 box. I made zero modifications from the Linux install and it worked fine. The only problem was my server hardware sucked. Upgrading that this weekend and switching to Redhat at the same time :p
 Wintrmte
03-29-2002, 1:36 PM
Solved my problem.

It appears that when you answer 'Yes' to install the Linux compatibility binaries during the FreeBSD install, it doesn't install everything you need..

I went into the /usr/ports/emulatators/linux_base directory, and did the make install from there.

After it completed, the jk2ded started right up.

Hope this helps someone. :)
 Ogmios
04-16-2002, 5:33 PM
I didnt have to do that.:confused:
 Wintrmte
04-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Nah, in retrospect, I didn't really have to do it either. All I had to do was run brandelf -t Linux jk2ded and that would have solved my problem, but, for whatever reason when I reran the make install for the linux_base port, it solved it. :\
Page: 1 of 1