Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lockup when loading saved games

Page: 1 of 1
 stave_jon
03-28-2002, 7:53 PM
Anyone having this problem: I can start a new game fine, I can save my games fine, but when I try to load a saved game, it either locks solid or throws me back to the dekstop. There is no error message. When it locks up, a 640x480 mouse cursor appears, and when it throws me back to the desktop, the desktop is extremely bright.

Here are my specs:

ASUS P2BF MOBO
Pentium II 400
Soundblaster Live! - latest Win98 driver
Voodoo 3 - driver 1.07.00 (4.12.01.0666) (latest offical 3Dfx driver)
256 Megs RAM
2 gigs free Hard Disk space
Win 98 SE
Direct X 8.1

I'm not overclocking anything in the system, and I've tried turning down all the video and sound settings as low as possible. I've also tried disabling the GL Extensions from within the game setup.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stave_jon
 AFstud
04-11-2002, 2:42 PM
I have near the same specs as you, except I have a P3 633 and WinME, but everything else, including the voodoo card is the same. This game takes a lil while to load up 30sec-1 min, but saves are fine. But when I want to load a saved game when I die, it starts to load up and freezes and the 1/4 mark and sits there. I have to switch off the computer because it wont let me out. My Geforce 3 is arriving in the mail today, hopefully that will clear it up, if not I guess I better not die
 BongSmoke
04-11-2002, 5:35 PM
same problem here but i have an ATI card
 AFstud
04-12-2002, 11:06 AM
Well yesterday I got my geforce 3 in the mail and put it in. I re-installed Jedi Knight 2, got the latest drivers from nVidia, and DirectX 8.1. The game was then freezing on me about every 20-30 min or so, but once I turned off GL Extensions, the games has worked perfectly (I still cant tell what turning it off did, still lools the same)
Page: 1 of 1