Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Unsupported marker type 0x04" this error crashes me to desktop when loading SP game.

Page: 1 of 1
 Wanxi_Brodo
03-28-2002, 4:54 PM
OK so here's my problem.

Parsing menu file:ui/hud.menu
UI menu load time = 2 milli seconds
AS_ParseFile: Loaded 13 of 194 ambient set(s)
Corrupt JPEG data: bad Huffman code
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
... ICARUS_Shutdown
... Reference Tags Cleared
... Navigation Data Cleared
... Ghoul2 Models Shutdown
---------------------------
Unsupported marker type 0x04

My system: Athlon XP 2000+
Win XP Pro
Visiontek Geforce4 4600
512meg 2400 ddr ram

The multiplayer game loads fine and I can play that without a hitch. This error only shows up when I try to load the SP game. :(

I've uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. It's maddening. Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, the multiplayer maps I've tinkered with are VERY tasty.
 Wanxi_Brodo
03-28-2002, 8:08 PM
Well I've troubleshot my own problem and if anyone else is having a similar situation here's what I did.

I've got an AOPEN 52X CD drive that I initially used as my install drive for the game. And the error kept occurring. I re-installed multiple times with the same maddening crash.

Then I uninstalled the game completely. And here's where my story takes an unexpected turn for the better. I used my Lite-On CD burner to install the game. And VOILA it loads with nary a hitch.

Which leads me to believe that the CD copy protection they use on the disc is causing some type of error on certain CD drives.
Page: 1 of 1