Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First person saber usage in multiplayer?

Page: 1 of 1
 ChowYunCat
03-28-2002, 3:14 PM
Is there any way to get the SP's first person lightsaber view in multiplayer? I much prefer it.
 Zek
03-28-2002, 3:18 PM
Nope. I don't see why anyone would play that way though, it's so much harder to do the acrobatics, moves that swing to the side, etc.
 ChowYunCat
03-28-2002, 3:34 PM
I don't find it harder, though :) Raven, please enable this feature.
 GDI
03-28-2002, 3:37 PM
According to the manual, it's possible to set the sabre to function in first-person view as well. I don't see why this would only apply to single player and not multi. Play with your configuration options or read the manual and see what you find.
 Skibbi9
03-28-2002, 5:08 PM
i don't know, i prefer 3rd person for both.
 CyrusWolf
03-28-2002, 5:27 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to enable 1st person too. The manual doesn't say anything about it being removed in multiplayer, but I can't find any options to enable/disable 1st person view w/lightsaber in multiplayer.

I do know that there is a config file for multiplayer containing some settings, but I can't find that setting in there either.
 Vagabond
03-29-2002, 1:35 PM
Very good question - I'll want this one answered as well. Moving this to the Tech Center.
 mothra
03-29-2002, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by ChowYunCat
Is there any way to get the SP's first person lightsaber view in multiplayer? I much prefer it.

Trying to figure this one out myself, gameplay is weak in thirdperson...

It looks like it was intentionally left out of MP. In jk2config.cfg there is a 'cg_saberAutoThird' but NOT in jk2mpconfig.cfg, and it dont work on the console in MP. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I noticed a 'ui_freeSaber' but no idea what that does...

Please Raven this is a critical feature!!

And also why are 'cg_shadows 2' "volumetric" in SP, but these silly little black planar shadows in MP? Please fix this!!!! THX!!
 Khmer Ghost
03-30-2002, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by Zek
Nope. I don't see why anyone would play that way though, it's so much harder to do the acrobatics, moves that swing to the side, etc.

It doesn't matter whether you "see why" or not, Zek. I'm amazed that you even bothered posting this. It should have been an option in MP. I suspect someone at Raven/lucas will figure it out REAL soon.
 PMefferd
04-05-2002, 12:02 AM
Yeah, no kidding, Zek. Who cares what you see? I think it should have been in MP as well. I hate 3rd view with the saber. It's way too inaccurate and confusing. Please fix this!

PM
Page: 1 of 1