Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FIX for People having trouble accessing Master Server

Page: 1 of 1
 oblivion989
03-28-2002, 3:12 PM
Hey guys, I think I found a fix for all of you who get stuck finding Internet servers. I am on a college connection, and for some reason, I couldn't get to the master server, I am not behind a proxy or anything, so if you are, this may not work. Here's what you need to do....

1) Go to your windows directors, then system32\drivers\etc It may look like "c:\windows\system32\etc" for you.

2) Open up the "hosts" file. It should have NO extension. Make a backup of this file just in case.

3) Make a new line and enter this line in at the bottom.
204.97.248.90 masterjk2.ravensoft.com
You may have other entries in there, it doesn't matter, just put this one on a new line.

4) Save the file. Make sure you didn't save it with an extension.

5) Open up JK and (hopefully) enjoy the multiplayer!

-Marty
 CiD
03-29-2002, 2:08 PM
Thanks man, it works great.
 Legatto
03-29-2002, 2:42 PM
OMG it works I luv you!

In a non-meaningful-non-threatening way, much like in the no jonny youre not getting my bud light commercials.

Oh, for windows 98 se users, the file is in the c:/windows directory.
 Nickeleye
03-29-2002, 4:50 PM
I'm running 98 and I followed the directions, but why don't I have an "etc" folder inside my "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS" folder?
 inshin-digital
04-02-2002, 5:48 PM
This work for xp users as well?
 CiD
04-02-2002, 6:08 PM
Originally posted by inshin-digital
This work for xp users as well?

Yes, it does.
 inshin-digital
04-02-2002, 6:18 PM
hmm im behind a firewall, rt314 netgear router, opened all the ports even the directx ones, I did a search I dont have that host file anywhere on my machine...if any xp users have it could they tell me where its located or send me their copy?
 Coronog
04-04-2002, 5:29 PM
Oh dude, thanks! You're a lifesaver (a green one ;))!
 Coronog
04-04-2002, 9:31 PM
Well, my Master Server won't come up anymore... The fix stopped fixing. Any other ideas?
 Nihilanth
04-04-2002, 11:38 PM
Figured i'd bump this, given the number of seperate threads i've seen asking about it. Havent tried it yet, but I found that playing the game through Gamespy works just fine, and is much more palletable than signing my soul over for a passport .net account.
Page: 1 of 1