Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two questions...

Page: 1 of 1
 Zek
03-28-2002, 11:54 AM
1.) Has anyone figured out how exactly to pull someone's weapon? I can't get it to work at all, and I can try to pull someone's gun 3-4 times and they keep shooting me all the while. I was using level 2 Pull when I was trying.

2.) Is there some special technique for blocking with a saber? Especially against another saber, I stand still and look at them and they hit me anyway. Am I missing something? Does the crosshair have to be on them or can you just be looking in their general direction?
 B0MBER II
03-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Aim for the gun I think or it might be level 3 i did it on...
 StormHammer
03-28-2002, 12:18 PM
I think you might get some more help over at the Help->Strategy Centre forum, so I'm moving this thread over there. ;)
 Willmore
03-28-2002, 12:23 PM
in my case it worked perfectly, you should be very close to the person though, a couple of meters, and level 2 works fine but only for 1 ennemy, so point the cross-hair at the enemy and press F2.
 antaren
03-28-2002, 12:30 PM
1. force pull will take the weapons out of people's hands, right now its my most used force. however, i've noticed that it doesnt always take the weapon out of their hands, and also they will run and pick up another weapon if you take theirs. so if you've already killed a bunch of guards, and there are weapons all over the floor, the moment you take the guard's weapon he gets a new one.

2. you block sabers baced on how you are pointing at the guy. keep in mind though, that it's blocking the saber baced on the vecter to your enemy, not the sword itself. so if the guy is infront of you but can swing and hit your sides, you cant block it unless you step back or turn.

you can also prevent allot of hits by being quick on the offensive. a simple manuver you can do is to attack the jedi's belly or head when they swing at you. often times the low level ai jedi will pull back and parry your attack. the boss dark jedi are another story...

i think that is how the force pull and blocking work. i see some of the raven software guys lurking about, perhaps one of them will be kind enough to clarify further
Page: 1 of 1