Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

VOODOO 3 (Excuse the Caps)

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Master Jae
03-28-2002, 4:54 AM
I am a Owner of Jedi Knight 2 and a very proud one at that. ( good JOB RAVEN AND LUCAS!!)

BUT!

something is wrong. Whenever I play the game The menu and all types of art are blurry. Like the menu and loading screens. There is cracks present in the textures and everything is choppy and ugly and slow. Sometimes it crashes my computer. I know it has something to do with the fact I got VOODOO 3. Can someone please tell me how to fix it or use WICKEDGL With it? Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3. you can post here is you have Voodoo 3 and have similar problems or exact same. Or maybe you know how to fix it??

Here are my system Specs.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer:
System Model:
BIOS:
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~450MHz
Memory: 192MB RAM
Page File: 71MB used, 1785MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.0 (4.08.00.0400)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 4.08.00.0400

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Voodoo3 AGP
Manufacturer: 3dfx
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_1137121A&REV_01\000800
Display Memory: 15.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit)(default refresh rate)
Monitor: Dell 828fi
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: 3dfx16v3.drv
Driver Version: 4.12.01.0666 (English)
DDI Version: 7
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/2/2000 15:08:32, 441804 bytes
Driver Certified: No
WHQL Date Stamp: 6/1/192
VDD: *vdd
Mini VDD: 3dfxv3.vxd
Mini VDD Date: , 0 bytes
Device Identifier:
Vendor ID: 0x121A
Device ID: 0x0005
SubSys ID: 0x1137121A
Revision ID: 0x0001
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result:
D3D Test Result:
AGP Test Result:

PLEASE SOMEONE REPLY!
THANK YOU!
 Jedi Master Jae
03-28-2002, 1:35 PM
BBBBB
B B
B B
BBBBB
B B
B B
B B
BBBBB

bump BUMP BUMP!!

sOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION. MAYBE CHANG?
 Jedi Master Jae
03-28-2002, 1:55 PM
Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3.
 Raziel
03-28-2002, 3:01 PM
Have you tried messing around with the video options and tried turning of the treading. Not sure if thats what is called but it is the second option in the list you can turn it on and off. It was giving me video problems till I turned it off.
 Jedi Master Jae
03-29-2002, 10:30 AM
Bump. Please, I still need that answer.
 Nickeleye
03-29-2002, 3:55 PM
Well, have you tried WickedGL yet? If not, read this post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34929) . I've got a Voodoo 5 and I followed these directions and now the game works great for me.
 shiva99
03-29-2002, 6:49 PM
I can testify, I have a voodoo 3 and a PIII 450, and after using the wickedgl fix the game runs flawlessly. I bow at LOKIFDK's
feet for the solution. I wonder if this fix would work on Medal of honor? Anyone know?
 AustralianJerem
03-29-2002, 7:24 PM
Are you sure Shiva? Do you get both legible text AND visible sky in multiplayer? If so - which wickedGL drivers did you use? I installed the Q3 ones over both jk2mp.exe and jk2sp.exe, and I can now read the text in MP but the sky has disappeared and is just solid black. The opening crawl in SP is still illegible too.

(Voodoo3 2000 PCI, Duron 600.)
 Jedi Child
03-29-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Jae

BUT!

something is wrong. Whenever I play the game The menu and all types of art are blurry. Like the menu and loading screens. There is cracks present in the textures and everything is choppy and ugly and slow. Sometimes it crashes my computer. I know it has something to do with the fact I got VOODOO 3. Can someone please tell me how to fix it or use WICKEDGL With it? Hey Raven, maybe a patch would be good? Alot of people still have VOODOO 3. you can post here is you have Voodoo 3 and have similar problems or exact same. Or maybe you know how to fix it??

YES! i have the exact same problem!!! I also have a voodoo 3 (voodoo 3 2000 to be precise). This problem is very annoying. It starts to crash my system when i tinker with the video options..

Turning OFF GL extentions (second option on list) does NOT help, as i've found that this is what is causing the lock-up. At one stage i went into complete grey screen (but sound was normal). Also, i've locked up as well turning the second option off.

And it's not just the blurry menus and the lock-ups.

Also, the save game and reloads TAKE AGES. it's almost useless trying to reload a save point. The famous star wars scroll does not appear when starting a new game..

I know voodoo 3 is not supported, but these cards are still popular. Some sort of soultion would be nice.

Originally posted by shiva99
I can testify, I have a voodoo 3 and a PIII 450, and after using the wickedgl fix the game runs flawlessly. I bow at LOKIFDK's
feet for the solution. I wonder if this fix would work on Medal of honor? Anyone know?
what fix is it, and where can i get it??? can anyone provide a link.. please!
 Jedi Child
03-30-2002, 11:30 AM
bump!

as posted above, the solution is here for voodoo owners:
WickedGL is the key! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=422558#post422558)
 Jedi Master Jae
03-30-2002, 4:00 PM
This is a bump and a Reply.

Shiva, I have tried all of nickleeyes and loki's methods. It still does not work. Tell me exactly what you have done. this is a big problem, Raven, if you here me, you'll get more sales if you have voodoo drivers released for your game. I don't want to run with some half ass like game. This game has so much complaints 2/3 of the JEDI KNIGHT 2 population is here to solve their bugs. It's the game because you chose not to give any.....

Drivers for cards....
Made it seem like a half assed project....

I don't care if Voodoo is a dead company. How come games like Serious Sam and Quake 3 run good and they have Voodoo 3 drivers for it. How come not you? I don't care if you say that there are no problems even if you have Voodoo3 the text is blurry but it is still legible, I don't care it looks ugly. I paid money for this game and I enjoy it but the graphics chunk my game up, the graphics suck, and the games load speed is not fair.

I hope you do something about this Raven.
I'm not the only one that is dissapointed.

And if anyone has a solution please post it. Especially you Shiva, I think your post may be the solution.

Thank you.
 acoustictoad
03-30-2002, 4:11 PM
To be honest, i found the best thing to do is to goto www.voodoofiles.com) and look under the "thirdparty" 3dfx drivers page this help with alot of probs (shadows, saves, speed, menus etc...):ewok:
 Jedi Master Jae
03-31-2002, 4:46 AM
Bump
Page: 1 of 1