Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No!!! They shipped it FEDEX!!

Page: 1 of 1
 IceWind
03-28-2002, 3:35 AM
Im totally screwed! Thanks alot Gamestop! WTF didn't you ship it UPS??? I have to be home to sign the damn release form before they can drop off packages. ANd I can't cause I have to be an campus taking a damn test!!!
 Ramoz
03-28-2002, 3:38 AM
Just leave a signed note at the door telling them to drop it off without a signature..
 Qel
03-28-2002, 3:38 AM
My Gamestop order was shipped by UPS!!!!

Weird!!! Maybe you choose a different shipping option?

Qel
 The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 3:40 AM
leave a note on your door: it's worth a shot. Do you live in a residence? They've always left a note and put it under my deck. I think that if you just leave a note telling them that you are willing to take responsibility for the package and they drop it off they'll just leave it. You could always check FedEx's site and check their policies. Don't bother with that, I'm bored enough I'll check it ..blah..:)

krickey:

Can I leave instructions at my door to have a FedEx Express package left without a signature, if I am the recipient?

For security reasons, it is not possible to handle delivery instructions through this avenue. You can obtain a "signature release authorization form" at the local FedEx office. Also, on the back of your delivery attempt doortag, there is a form that you can fill out and mail in for a signature release for packages addressed to your location. However, some shippers do not allow us to leave packages without a signature, and packages with a declared value over $100 USD are ineligible for this delivery option. Please check with your shipper to see if they have any restrictions of this nature.

I live in the middle of nowhere myself and my local FedEx office could care less about a signature
 IceWind
03-28-2002, 3:40 AM
I can't! I checked. I have to legimently sign the release form!! GRRRRR!!!!! Brown is better! Brown is always better!!!

I shipped it Overnight, but why the F---- I got Fedex instead of UPS is beyond me.
 Ulic Quel Droma
03-28-2002, 3:41 AM
oh no!! now its gonna be in a plane crash and the only survior will draw a face on it and talk to it and name it Raven :p
 Bacon00
03-28-2002, 3:44 AM
Fill out the form they tape to your door so they know they can drop it off.

I come home from school and my games are always laying against my door.. I actually prefer FedEx.. their packages are prettier!
 The Kessel Run
lmao ^
|
|
 IceWind
I hate you Ulic...:atat:
 PimpusOlympus
03-28-2002, 3:45 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!
 Sniper19
03-28-2002, 3:46 AM
Your doin better than me Icewind. I paide freakin 7.99 for overnight delivery expecting UPS, only to get 2-day Fed Ex delivery. Maybe my brother (ordered his copy from ebgames with a ton of deals), which was 3.99 Overnight shipping, $10.00 rebate, T-shirt, and some other stuff. He recieves his tomorrow, so maybe when he comes down for easter, I will hopefully have mine by then, but still....Im like you guys, went to Gamestop.com for UPS because of College, and, well, crap.
 IceWind
03-28-2002, 3:46 AM
See??

"Can I leave instructions at my door to have a FedEx Express package left without a signature, if I am the recipient? "

For security reasons, it is not possible to handle delivery instructions through this avenue. You can obtain a "signature release authorization form" at the local FedEx office. Also, on the back of your delivery attempt doortag, there is a form that you can fill out and mail in for a signature release for packages addressed to your location. However, some shippers do not allow us to leave packages without a signature, and packages with a declared value over $100 USD are ineligible for this delivery option. Please check with your shipper to see if they have any restrictions of this nature.

That totally blows I was not able to choose my shipper. How gay
 Run-onSentience
03-28-2002, 3:47 AM
It could be worse...they could have shipped it on a chariot pulled by giant flesh-eating snails. I got stuck behind one in traffic once...they are slow...
 Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 3:49 AM
FedEx usually doesn't require a signature for things under $400. On Tuesday, I received my Episode 2 poster via FedEx and they just left it on my porch. Though UPS is better, FedEx still will most likely just leave it on your doorstep.
 IceWind
03-28-2002, 3:52 AM
Nope, where I live, if you arn't there, they dont' leave it. Period.
 mrbean
03-28-2002, 3:57 AM
At least they shipped yours!
 theBigGiantEvan
03-28-2002, 4:24 AM
here's an idea....i don't know if it is worth any credit at all...

but..people have said that gamestop typically ships UPS, right?
and people were also mentioning earlier that gamestop wasn't going to be able to ship all the orders today becuase of the quantity of them....
and maybe...they used both ups and fedex...so they could simply..get more off....and not have to put off as many orders...
and yeah..
and like the guy above, whose copy hasn't even been shipped yet...
just an idea

-"Goobye, Blue Monday!"
Page: 1 of 1