Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bonus Battle in Droid Campaign

Page: 1 of 1
 TheMightyJim2k
03-28-2002, 12:45 AM
I just started playind GB and i finished the Droid Campaign and tried the bonus mission. I have tried this mission about 4 times now and continue to be slaughtered. My first attempt i just went for the attack to see what it was all about. The second time i tried garrisoning all of my troops in the large transports, this got me farther (to the land bridge at the bottom of the screen) but no further. Everytime despite what i do with healing with the medics or with garrisoning i always get slaughtered at the bridge. I try targeting the shields first to knock those out before i go to the large animals and troops but i cant defeat the shields fast enough by the bridge. Any help with the locating or the formation for my troops or the use of Darth Maul to win this battle would be greatly appreciated, so far i am pretty much running out of ideas. Thanks:(
 Justonious
04-09-2002, 2:29 PM
This may not be the best way, but it worked for me.

First move at least one of your medics far to the rear of your forces, out of harms way. Then engage the Gungan Armies with your forces. Use darth Maul on the sheild generator units, and as he gets damage, pull him to the rear to be healed then send him back in. All of my forces were destroyed except darth Maul. He had to defeat quite a few of the Gungans on his own. To make it easier on him after all my other forces were deafeated, each time I returned him to the battle, as soon as a few gungans were in sight and they started after darth maul, I would bring darth Maul bak a litle bit so he would not have too many gungans to fight at once. Though he is quite powerful. eventually the gungans ran out of forces, and it just became a matter of time. I hope this helps.
 DarthMuffin
04-13-2002, 3:08 PM
I won the bonus mission with Justonius' tactic. The key is to use Maul; if he's there, it's for a reason. :bdroid2:
 Kal Of Corellia
04-25-2002, 8:05 PM
I did mostly the samething except first I sent all my remaining units and sent them over to the bridge they all died but they took alot of enemy troops out and then I brought maul in and converted a few gungans and then killed everyone else.
 jtsteele
04-26-2002, 3:07 PM
Somewhat similar strategy. Once I got down to the bridge at the bottom I set up my forces in a semicircle a short distance from the bridge. Then I would send in Maul or an expendable trooper--little by little their forces would chase me right into the semicircle where they would be killed easily. The nice thing too is that the shield generators seem to slowly come to without any protection, easily reducing the shields on the other side of the bridge.
 Mr yoda
05-22-2002, 1:28 PM
Would you please help me too Heres my problem I start out and do fine but when I get to those shield things gungans get in the shield what I do is destroy the fambas first but the problem is I keep getting destroyed by gungans when I try to destroy there shields I don't know If i should destroy there shields or troops first Please help!!!!!
 Kryllith
06-05-2002, 4:34 PM
The answer is both. Use your Assault Mechs to slaughter the big stuff (shield generators, assault mechs, and artillery if necessary) and take out the troops with your HHDs. Even shielded, the gungan troops get slaughtered by HHDs. For more info see my answer to this question on the Warroom Strategy board (I go into a lot more detail there...)

Kryllith
 Grey_Leader11
06-16-2002, 12:55 PM
convert som assaults, and just take out gungans in groups
Page: 1 of 1