Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strategy Guide #1: Galak Fyyar (SPOILERS!!!)

Page: 2 of 2
 Ratmjedi
08-14-2002, 11:36 PM
Why does everybody have problems with this part of the game? I found this part challenging just like others in the game but I beat it without any tips or help. The only part I found hard was the Artus mines when I was trying to get on that tram. I finally gave up and just skipped the level.
:lsduel: :duel:
 Pa3PyX
08-23-2002, 5:22 AM
Originally posted by Blackprince
Believe it or not I kill him in less than 10 sec in Padawan mode or even less than that...

This is what I do, jump to the column above...use secondary fire to take down the shield. He should be abt 45 degree down where u are...

Use ur saber throw and hold it there. Do not move an inche and the saber will just hold it there and continue swinging...he will die in a while....very fast...try it.

Should work, but good luck dodging his repeater altfire while on top of those rafters, which will collapse in a few shots...
 Rebornґs Bane
08-29-2002, 1:05 PM
you have to get to the long corridor where are a lot of doors you couldnґt open before, itґs the same corridor where were all thos metal bipeds.
 sith_shadow
09-04-2002, 12:12 PM
Some guys keep asking about how to get past the zero gravity part after you beat Fyyar...

Think of it as though you were swimming, but the water wasn't very thick and you had to take a long time to stop. The trick is to not accelerate too fast, or you'll fly into one of the flamers and not be able to stop.

Before you do anything else, SAVE!!! Exit the room (there's a secret at the top), putting Force Speed on before you go past the flamers - you'll still take damage, but not much. Float down the elevator shaft, but don't go to fast - there's some kind of electricity arc which will cause sadness if you hit it. Float up to get to the passageway you used to drop down from the tall room - there's another one of those electric arcs blocking the way. Time it carefully and Force Speed past. When you hit the tall room with the walkways, float all of the way down. You should see some mobile turrets here - that means you're on the right track. Kill them with a saber throw and return to the long corridor at the beginning of the level. The rooms that were at first closed should now be open (hope you killed the mini-walker things). Some of them have goodies, and one of them is the escape pod where you will meet Jan and watch a brief cutscene.
 Shadow Sith
09-07-2002, 4:56 PM
If you stand right in front of him (at least on Jedi difficulty), he'll just stand there while you block his repeater shots with the saber. Switch to strong style and put on speed before giving him one to two good whacks. You will get hit, but if you time it right (sometimes he fires in bursts) his shield will go down. Run to his back (otherwise he hits you with his arm) and just slice n' dice. Takes a few minutes (and maybe a few quicksaves and force heals) but can be done by anyone.

By the way, sith_shadow is now Shadow Sith
 Yodaboy
09-20-2002, 7:47 AM
better than me , im hopeless at this bloddy game, i gotta use cheats:(
 PtX_L0st
09-24-2002, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by Krayt Tion
Let me first say that for me the fight against him was the climax of the game. Plus I was having a major Mohc flashback the entire duration of it- until the end, because the Mohc AI never flaked out on me. :p

I was a little disappointed when I found an AI bug with Fyyar that when exploited allowed me to kill him easily.

I'm not going to mention what it is, because frankly, I don't want anyone else to have their fight spoiled by such a silly thing.

You kinda loose believability and immersion when you can get a big bad boss to end up facing away from you and not caring while you pound him with rockets (all by legitimate means, too).

Yeah i found an AI glitch too.... it was kewl though cause i found it on the second time through. I too will say nothing of it.

this is what i did to defeat Fyyar......

i used the rocket launcher on him until his shield went down then i used the repeater and it nuked the brain cells right outta his head! use force heal while doing this cause your gunna get beat up a little. it's an extremely easy procedure and the fastest one i've tried.
 Nicolas_Frost
11-02-2002, 9:08 AM
Okay, time for a new one to be put up.

I was replaying the game, and when I first entered the sheild generator room and looked at the power cables surrounded by their own sheilds, I almost threw my saber to destroy the cable shields when I thought for a moment, and threw my saber at the cable itself to see what would happen. Turns out, the saber actually passes through the cable's shield and destroys the cable. I realize that I now have a virtually indestructable rafter and do the same to the other three cables.

Galak shows up and begins to gloat, Kyle destroys the main ships shield generator and the fight begins. Here, just use any weapon with a decent ammout of splash damage, especially the DEMP 2 gun's secondary fire on a full charge(Yes, it charges! Just like the Bryar.).

Once his sheilds are down, choose whatever way is easiest for you to destroy his personal shield generator, then, before he gets pissed, in the moment of distraction, jump up onto your virtually indestructable rafter and rejoice, because even when he uses his electricity attack, he only aims two dimensionally, never up! And everything else can either be blocked with the saber, the pillar sitting next to you, or a timed push. Eventually he will reach a far distance from you(if not there already) and stand in one spot using the forementioned attack only. AI bug? Yeah, probably, but its also fun to sit there and take him out at your leisure. Lightning, DEMP 2, Disruptor, Saber, everything without splash damage, etc. all work well (except for the Grip, which for some reason doesn't effect him). Also, while your up there and he's down there electricuting the walls like a dumbass, you have a great chance to heal up and regain your precious Force power.

This was done with the v1.04 patch.

Note to LucasArts: If you guys are reading this, you may want to fix Fyarr's AI and let him fight against this, or maybe make the cable shields impenatrable so that the cable's sheild generators HAVE to be destroyed(just an idea for an improvement).

Note to people wondering about differences between play modes: I haven't noticed much difference between Jedi and Jedi Knight, except for the first four levels being slightly harder.

Addendum: Make sure you save enough power for your Push after you get up on the force field rafter, because can and will launch a secondary fire from his repeater and that attack is quite capable of destroying the small shield generator that makes your precious rafter or else you'll find yourself in a world of hurt real fast.
 CrystalSaber006
12-24-2002, 8:42 PM
i use da rocket laucher to knock his shields out, then i quickly switch to DEMP2 and knocked out his antenna :D then i just use saber throw and jump around to avoid his laser beam attack
 Lil Killa
02-03-2003, 11:41 PM
:rolleyes: anyone just try to jump over him throw a thermal detinater in the donut area of his shield and the slice him with a saber?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: i mean, killing him isn't that hard:

:atat: :slsaber:
 Klack
02-21-2003, 7:54 PM
It took me a bit to figure this out as well.
1-Use Strong saber to disable shield then go behidn and blow the ant.
2-Blast him a bit then deploy as many of the flyer ball shooter guys you have. He will become frustrated with the balls and ignore you leaving you to shoot at him as you wish.
Cheers
 Mace Window
02-25-2003, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by KillMeNow

on another note i was playing i think it was nar shada level and a gredo lookalike tried ot shoot me with sniper rifle and to my complete an utter amazement (only ever happenedn once) kyle went slow mo like when you kill a reborn or something and dodged the sniper blast - now isthere some way to make him do this more offen? did i just happen to hit the keys at the right time and the game descided skilled dodging was worth of slow mo or what? cause if thats some cool hidden force power i need to know

I believe this is in fact a multiplayer-only force power, Force Seeing. at rank 3, you can actually dodge sniper shots (so says the manual. i was never able to find out). I guess you were using the cheat code for having all of the force powers at rank 3 plus the total mind control, right?
 Kurgan
03-25-2003, 2:57 PM
The other day I discovered (Jedi difficulty) that a group of Rebels armed only with E-11's can take down an AT-ST all by themselves!

Didn't realize they were that weak... even in JK1, they were blaster-proof. Heh. They're still cool looking though!

Don't feel bad about the antenna thing, I didn't realize it either when I fought him, in fact I didn't even consider it until I saw my brother play the game and saw that it matches the antennae next to each of the shield pipes.

When I played, I just destroyed the pipes from below with saber throw, without bothering to see there were two parts to each one!

As to sniper dodging, I tried using Speed, but it doesn't work (just based on luck). You never get Seeing in SP (even with SetForceAll 6) so either it was a weird bug or some yet unknown cheat code or mod you were using. ; )
 Man_with_saber
04-17-2003, 5:36 AM
Originally posted by KillMeNow
on another note i was playing i think it was nar shada level and a gredo lookalike tried ot shoot me with sniper rifle and to my complete an utter amazement (only ever happenedn once) kyle went slow mo like when you kill a reborn or something and dodged the sniper blast - now isthere some way to make him do this more offen? did i just happen to hit the keys at the right time and the game descided skilled dodging was worth of slow mo or what? cause if thats some cool hidden force power i need to know

I had this happen a few times in Nar Shadaa Bespin Streets on the Xbox. And I've seen other Xbox posts about it. He did it both ways. Speeding up (with the force speed sound) even though I didn't have speed selected, if he was moving when the shot was fired. And the twisting dodge when he was stationary. I tried for an hour to find some consistency but never could. Seemed random.
 Kurgan
04-17-2003, 9:47 AM
Maybe its only on the console versions.. and lacking the ability to play those, I can't say.

Though, I remember back in the day how people said you could throw your lightsaber in JK1, but of course, you never could...

Perhaps it was thrown in because they knew that level was so dang hard, and even worse when trying to play it with a controller...
 Man_with_saber
04-17-2003, 9:25 PM
I personally think it's in both versions, but only shows up when the game senses that "the force is strong in this one." ;)

Seriously, it isn't that great a help. It's cool to watch, but is nothing you can depend on. And it's actually quite rare. In the hour I tried to get to happen it only occurred less than ten times. And I was hit or it didn't occur at least 200.

The exact place where I noticed it and was able to get it to repeat was near the the cloud car after you first meet a Bespin "Barney."

I may have given the impression it was common on the Xbox, but the posts I've seen referencing it can be counted on one hand.

I played Dark ForcesII and MotS long ago when my PC was in the ball park. And while it was a better experience on the PC, the Xbox isn't bad. I noticed bigger differences in design philosophy between the two games, than differences attributable to the platforms.

Playing the GCN version is much harder, though. The controller just isn't well suited, IMO. With the Xbox version you can have three force power buttons, with the GCN, just one.

In MP, the control handicap of the consoles would probably show up big time. But in SP, it's not nearly so evident.

On a side note, since you are obviously knowledgable about the PC version: I see push recommended everywhere to break grip. I use pull on the Xbox version with the same results. Does pull work in the PC version to break grip?
 krab
08-13-2003, 3:22 PM
I think when you use force lightning with his shield on, he still gets damaged from the lightning. Whats better is that he just stands there waiting for you to develop legs.

My idea is, just sit there and spark his ass. Though, i never killed him doing so... it took too long and i got bored...

Off to yavin
 Kurgan
08-14-2003, 2:57 AM
Just so you know, I admitted in the other thread I was wrong about the "single player dodging force power."

It IS in the pc version, but only on the lower difficulty levels (it's definately on Padawan difficulty). It's an automatic power, that lets you dodge disruptor shots a lot of the time, and uses up mana to do it with a slo-mo effect.

Needless to say on Jedi Knight or Jedi Master, you have to dodge stuff on your own or you're toast, no force assists. ; P
 Side
08-14-2003, 3:00 AM
OMG I FOUND THE EASIEST WAY OF ALL TO KILL FYARR
open console...
type this
/devmapall
once ur done typing this
god
give all

AND FYARR goes boom
 Kurgan
08-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Don't forget npc kill galak_mech

; )
 MacGod
09-25-2003, 5:34 AM
I found that when fighting Admiral Fyar is hig super-Alines-wannabe suit that the seeker drones are your friend. Launch on of these puppies and it just grabs all his attention. I swear, this guy must have the attention span of a two year old. I was actually able to beat first his shield then his armour in non-slow-mo without any resistance from him.
 Crow_Nest
09-25-2003, 6:37 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Don't forget npc kill galak_mech

; )

npc kill "name" does not work for me.:(
 Man_with_saber
09-27-2003, 8:25 PM
Originally posted by MacGod
I found that when fighting Admiral Fyar is hig super-Alines-wannabe suit that the seeker drones are your friend. Launch on of these puppies and it just grabs all his attention. I swear, this guy must have the attention span of a two year old. I was actually able to beat first his shield then his armour in non-slow-mo without any resistance from him.

I believe this is the glitch referred to earlier in this thread by "Guest". It doesn't always happen just by trossing out a seeker drone. It is fun to trash him while he is in a trance.
 Crow_Nest
09-28-2003, 6:16 AM
I like to stand on the platform, take out my rocket launcher and blast him until his shield is down.

Then, take out my sniper rifle and shoot the red thing on top of him so he can't use the shield again.

so...... Take out my lightsaber and slash him until he dies.
 JediMasterX04
03-25-2004, 7:05 PM
Basically I just use my lightsaber and slash through his shields and then slash the living cortosis out of him and that ridiculous armor until he goes down. The annoying part after that is getting out of the ship, trust me, you'll be annoyed after a while of dealing with no gravity and those black droids blasting at you.
Page: 2 of 2