Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber Techniques

Page: 1 of 1
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 2:47 AM
Well I played this game for a solid 11 hours today. And I've made it pretty far. I'm now facing Tabian. She's pretty tough to beat. On my way to her I've fought about a dozen less dark jedi.

Every once in a while our lightsabers will lock. I don't know how to win this situation since one person comes out on top.

Does anybody know?

Also, does anyone have any other tips for jedi duels?
 DarkMeister
03-27-2002, 3:03 AM
The only think I have found to do when your sabers are locked, is to pound the crap out of the attack button :) Eventually you will work their sword down and get a free swing or two.

Dark
 SinnFein
03-27-2002, 3:17 AM
Yup, that's how you do it....just repeatedly hit the attack button. So, if you are like me and you have Mouse1 as attack, you can imagine that would be pretty hard to do all the time, so instead create a hotkey (doesnt even have to be toward the left of the keyboard) so that when you get in a saber lock, you can just pound the crap out of the key until they are on the ground and you strike them down with the power of the dark side...err....yeah.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 3:40 PM
Poor mice, :)

The Tabian fight was amazingly fun. I died about 10 times or so. I tried everything, even running through the tunnels planting trip mines. Occasionally she wouldn't use push and run right through'em. :)

11 hours suds? I was up until 1-2..... ok 4am playing too. Before I passed out I tried the stealth mission and took my frustration out on the guards.

-) wh|stler
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 4:00 PM
I haven't made it to a stealth mission yet.
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 4:03 PM
I ended up beating her by force pushing a lot. Every once in a while i'd catch her off guard and push her down. Free hit.
 wxcopy
03-27-2002, 4:56 PM
I am stuck fighting her right now, as far as I know, she is immortal. Every now and then she pulls out this crazy matrix move and kills me with one hit! (I have 100% health).

I am about to bust out the cheats because that is just not right. I fought her for 25 minutes solid one time, I was sure I was going to win, but sure enough, she is immortal one one-timed me.

I was up till 4am myself...
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 5:30 PM
She's beatable. Just wait for her to jump and force push her to the ground when she lands. And also, as soon as she grips you, push her again to dissable it.
 Chanke4252
03-27-2002, 7:26 PM
Ok, I dont have the game but hearing you talk about this makes me really jealous. I'm always good with the acrobatic type of games and hopefully I'll be able to enjoy this fight.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 7:42 PM
I used force-lightning a lot too. Especially right off the bat.

I love the little cinematic right after she's defeated. I can't help but wonder if that act will come back to bite Kyle in the butt.

-) wh|stler
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 8:50 PM
I've discovered a technique for throwing the dark jedi. Since push doesn't work, and you can't grip them forever. Grip them, one they are raised up, push them. This will throw them FAR.

Worked really well with the green lasers.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 9:16 PM
Green lasers?

Thanks for the tip. I pushed her off a few times (throughout the course of my 9-10 defeats) but she managed to make it back on.

-) wh|stler
 XIII
03-28-2002, 12:38 AM
to defeat her i did just one thing my R/L aikido sensei taught me: Taise-Baki.

First of all: always enable speed
Second: when she attacks. Move out of the way to either right or left NEVER backwards (that gives here more time for another attack). When she is hitting air, make ur move. Works perfect against any fight. Although GRIP is much easier.

Regards,

NTS_Archer aka XIII
 DrFunk
03-28-2002, 6:21 AM
I have found that using force speed, especially on higher levels like 2 or 3, and either the quick attack or strong attack lightsaber combat technique can let you zip in under any of the dark jedi's attacks and kill them in very little time.
For that girl jedi Tabian, I used Force Push a whole lot and ran in and did the crouch+slash downward attack to hit her on the ground. Then when she gets back up you can strafe around her and use the side slashes.
 antaren
03-28-2002, 1:02 PM
bump

i'd like to ask some of you whom have faught both the dark jedi and multiplayer and can talk about sabre swinging.

is it my imagination, or can you pull off combos just like in fighting games?

i enjoy sparing with the ai, but while fighting i can see that my swings do combos sometimes. perhaps its my imagination, but some of those battles had both the ai and myself pulling matrix style moves.

in addition to the combos mentioned on the website (i didnt see any mentioning of them in the manual) here are some i found:

in medium stance:
-hold attack, tap left - right - left - right - back : rapid 5 hit side to side attack
-hold attack and crouch, tap left - back - right: you will swing in a full circle, i've been able to make it turn continuously
-i've seen my char do a wierd lunge / backward swing, cant reproduce it but i think its hold attack and tap foward - left - backward. i might be thinking of the fast style's lunge attack.

am i crazy or has anyone else seen this? if its in the manual i'm going to kick myself
Page: 1 of 1