Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Are stealth tactics impossible in MP?

Page: 1 of 1
 HolySmiter
03-27-2002, 12:07 AM
For those with the game...
Is it possible to play using stealth tactics and ambushing your enemies, or does "Force Sight" make this hard to do.

I like to hide out and ambush my prey, is this a valid strategy for Jedi Outcasts MP game?
 SPY_jmr1
03-27-2002, 12:09 AM
ever heard of "no force" games???

i think you will be fine.

me i am a sniper at heart....:D
 Caster
03-27-2002, 12:16 AM
It's not as if people are going to have force sight on 24/7. They'll eventually run out of duration.

All you've got to do is keep moving from one spot to another so they can't spot you.

-Caster
 Razarblade
03-27-2002, 12:20 AM
and not everyone will use force sight
 Zek
03-27-2002, 12:21 AM
People probably won't use force sight at all unless they think someone is invisible nearby or they know someone is camping.
 digl
03-27-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Zek
People probably won't use force sight at all unless they think someone is invisible nearby or they know someone is camping. Seeing was used permanently in JK by most good players. I don't know how much mana it uses here, so it could be used less.

Moved to strategy...
 HolySmiter
03-27-2002, 1:08 AM
Hmmm, I just had a thought....

If I am camping out, waiting to ambush unsuspecting foolish jedis, even if they do occasionally use force sight and see me camping, I can also use force sight to see if they know where I am and are coming for me. Oh the beauty of the possibilities!
 Foxbatkllr
03-27-2002, 2:13 AM
camping is for newbies. sniping takes skill, but camping is for lamers.
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 2:50 AM
I believe mind trick is now specifc to the person you cast it on instead of an invisibilty like in Jedi Knight. I could be wrong though.
 SinnFein
03-27-2002, 3:23 AM
Everyone pretty much said it all, so I will sum it up. Mind Trick is not infallable. At its first level, it is almost worthless because you never know when you show up to other people. At its second and third levels, it becomes quite a useful tool as you can keep invisible for quite a while, but then Force Seeing can always discover you. Most people, however, do not run around with Force Seeing on if they have it at all...they would rather use their force pool on Grip, Lightning, Absorb, Speed, Push, Saber Throw, and the ever-present Jump. The fact is, unless someone sees you go invisible or hears you miss them, they will not think to use Force Seeing and find you.

Stealth is possible, it just isnt common.
Page: 1 of 1