Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Running Dedicated Server

Page: 1 of 1
 [SICK]Vomit
03-26-2002, 9:03 PM
In EF, you were able to build a dedicated.cfg file that contained all the bot, server, and game info, and launch the game directly to the dedicated console.

Please tell me the same is true for JKO. I've been looking for example cfg and haven't found any yet.
 [SICK]Vomit
03-27-2002, 11:27 PM
Man, I feel stupid. I tried using the same dedicated.cfg file from EF, modifed the map names, created the startup icon to use the dedicated.cfg file, but the game just loads to the startup screen where you selected SP or MP.

Anyone have a dedicated.cfg file working with directions on how to load it?

Also, running the test system option and it says my 330 cpu failed, it requires a 350. Is this preventing it from working when I try to launch it manually? The dedicated console loads, but I don't see the host server on my client.
 matriks
03-28-2002, 2:16 PM
you have to run it off the jk2mp.exe program. this works great, but it requires the CD for dedicated! anyone have a list of map names or game types?

let me know if this works for you.
 rickard64
03-28-2002, 4:02 PM
just write

dir map

in the console and a list of all maps avalibe will come up :rolleyes:
 [TE]DarthBob
03-28-2002, 4:27 PM
It works!!! What a thing of beuty!!!! Thanks. I think someone listed the maps in the FAQ
 [SICK]Vomit
03-28-2002, 5:01 PM
Thanks matriks! That helped me!!

I posted my next problem, along with the ctf map rotation and game type in the above FAQ thread. Hope that helps.
Page: 1 of 1