Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stuck in single player

Page: 1 of 2
 MrGrEeN
03-26-2002, 2:20 PM
I'm upto where you have to get your lightsabre from under a cage.
I cant seem to get to it
Can ne1 help me? I'm pull my hair out here.
 Twistboy
03-26-2002, 3:44 PM
This means that you've gotten past the mining facility?

I'm completely lost here. I've found the tram track,
and the little room with the busted R2 that you can't
stay in or you'll die, but I'm not sure where to go from
here. I've got the whole area cleared.

Twist
 MrGrEeN
03-26-2002, 3:53 PM
Here what you need to do where you are:

Here you have to go just outside that room and you'll see this vent thing extend out when the room goes red.
Jump onto that vent when it extends out, then when it retracts, crawl thru it and destroy everything inside there.
Now, you wont get hurt when the room goes red.
Go in there and climing up on the slanted column things and jump on the car thing while its stopped.
 Sudsaroo
03-26-2002, 4:07 PM
I'm also doing the Jedi Trials Gren. However i'm stuck on the speed trial. Any help would be appreciated.
 Merkabach
03-26-2002, 4:08 PM
Im stuck in the mine too so what to do ?
 wh|stler
03-26-2002, 4:50 PM
First, the level with the 'smashed R2'.

Before you enter that little 'lobby' where the other droid is, you're in a room with 4 exits. One of which you came in, one to get to the smashed R2 (Where the ships drop off their stuff) and two more that take you outside.

Go outside. On the rail overlooking the valley there's two little hand rails, they look like rails going into a pool or something. :) If you wait for a minute, a vaccuum will come out, hop on it, duck, and work your way back towards the building.

You'll find a tube that takes you into the building. Careful, at the same time that you would die up with R2, you'll die down here. Usually if you make a run for it as soon as the vacuum retracts you'll be fine. This will take you to a room with the machine causing the radiation that kills you but it's protected by a force field. Shoot the four generators on both sides of this machine, then shoot the machine. No more radiation.

Now, back up top. Go into the previously deadly room (where the ships routinely pass through) go to the far side by the control panels, turn around, climb up the angled, black support beams and wait for the next ship to pass through. Hop on and duck. You can take it from here. :)

Secondly, getting the lightsaber. There should be two peculiar looking places to go in this room. The cave going into the ground and the little entrance directly above it. On the top 'level' hop up on the bench looking rock. It will sink into the ground causing the cage over the lightsaber to lift. It also leaves you in the cage. Align yourself to the left or to the right, hit your 'force speed' and book it towards the l.saber. Be prepared to use your force pull effect and use it as soon as your close enough.

This took me a few times, even though I knew what to do. You have to align yourself on one side or the other because of the bar of the cage comes down directly in the middle and gives you less time.

Throw you l.saber at the ropes on the rocks at the door, and head out.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler
 Demons
03-26-2002, 5:40 PM
I'm just after the mines in the "topside" part. I taken care of all of the imperial forces but I'm supposed to decomission the AT-ST some how. I see lots of mines but I can't seem to get rid of them. Please help!!! TIA!
 Guibs
03-26-2002, 6:50 PM
Any of you has a computer with similar specs to this:

Pentium III 600Mhz
ati Radeon 64 DDR (equal to a Geforce 2)
512 RAM
WinXP

Anyone has a comparable computer and can run thsi game well. I am still uncertain if the game will run well on my computer and I am trying to get some answers from people who already have to game to see if I should buy it or not.
 B4tman
03-26-2002, 7:07 PM
Lol, found it on my own.
 Beaver
03-26-2002, 7:20 PM
I'm just after the mines in the "topside" part. I taken care of all of the imperial forces but I'm supposed to decomission the AT-ST some how. I see lots of mines but I can't seem to get rid of them. Please help!!! TIA!

There is an automatic cannon right behind your back, you should step on it and knock the f**k out of that AT-ST. You can also shoot all the Stromtroopers and the other At-ST down there with great ease. After finishing, you should go back down and head for the other side of the canyon, then there comes another AT-ST. In the Hangar, where he was, there is a dorr from which you proceed to the rest of level.

But I am stuck as well. I got my Lightsaber, finished Nar Shaadaa and now i am in this garbage complex. I am at the point, where this droid asks me for a password. Has anyone got any idea?!?!
 Sudsaroo
03-26-2002, 7:43 PM
I'm currently stuck in Nar Shadaa.

I kept climing higher and higher. I got to a point where some idiot blew up the bridge, I jumped across, but now I don't know where I'm supposed to go from here.
 Alloghyphla
03-26-2002, 7:46 PM
I have reached the point where you fight Desaan... but I have no forcepowers or a lightsaber.... where do u get these things?
 DarthAndy
03-26-2002, 7:51 PM
Originally posted by B4tman
Hey.... I'm in one of the first levels... the one with the freezer thing.

Anyways, in that level, I'm stuck in this big room with tons of pillars you can jump on.

What do I do?!

I have the same problem, how can I pass this room?

thx 4 hlp:(
 Dartollen
03-26-2002, 7:59 PM
Ok - solutions:

Room with pillars:

Go back to the room with the freezer. make sure you have pressed both buttons. go in freezer and use it to access upper walkway. from here head into the next room (there is also a secret around the other side if you strafe along the ledge right round). You shoudl now be in the room with the metal grill/water floor which hurts you, but you should be on the upper level. walk all the way round to the slit in the wall where the stormtroopers were firing from. Shoot the switch you can see through the slit. Bingo.

Desaan:

You dont have to fight him. Let him kill you and then watch the cutscene...you dont die.

Now, I have a question myself. I am on the level after you get your lightsabre, and i've gone everywhere, including riding in the waste bin up to the point where kyle says "I wonder if there is an override to change the route?". I have been looking for hours and cannot find anyway to alter the way the bins move. I notice that near there there is an R2 unit working on a switch, but if you press that you cannot make the jump to enable you to get in the dumpster truck. I can also see a grate above the R2 unit, but i cant seem to reach it. Help?

Dart
 DarthAndy
03-26-2002, 8:05 PM
thx 4 your help!

when I`m there I`ll try to help you... ;-):)
 TheLurker
03-26-2002, 8:18 PM
hi all,

i got stuck at the vertical vent/tube with a fan at the ground.
do i really have to jump on each narrow projection on the wall and lose some health? or is there any other way?
thanks for your help and please apologize my bad english!

bjoern
 Sudsaroo
03-26-2002, 8:49 PM
Now, I have a question myself. I am on the level after you get your lightsabre, and i've gone everywhere, including riding in the waste bin up to the point where kyle says "I wonder if there is an override to change the route?". I have been looking for hours and cannot find anyway to alter the way the bins move. I notice that near there there is an R2 unit working on a switch, but if you press that you cannot make the jump to enable you to get in the dumpster truck. I can also see a grate above the R2 unit, but i cant seem to reach it. Help?

Okay. What you want to do is select your force push power.

If Whenever the cart stops there is this button nearby. Force push it and the cart continues to move.

i got stuck at the vertical vent/tube with a fan at the ground.
do i really have to jump on each narrow projection on the wall and lose some health? or is there any other way?

Instead of going into the vents right away go through the door that just unlocked. If you look at the panels for a while you'll see one that turns on the fan. Now you can float down safely.
 Sudsaroo
03-26-2002, 8:51 PM
But I am stuck as well. I got my Lightsaber, finished Nar Shaadaa and now i am in this garbage complex. I am at the point, where this droid asks me for a password. Has anyone got any idea?!?!

I just got into the garbage complex myself. I'm not quite where you are yet. Everyone keeps throwing grenades at me.
 Enemymaker
03-26-2002, 9:45 PM
I'm stuck in the Nar Shaadaa level.

I have just come across a partly blown bridge and disabled an electric wire going down in a pool of water. Were do I go from here? I can see some kind of R2-unit and a switch above this pool but i can't make the jump up there. Are you supposed to jump up there or are there any other way? If you're supposed to jump, what is the best spot to make it from?

I saw someone having trouble with some password later on. I remember the bartender saying something about remembering something in the begining of the nar shaadaa level. Have you tried that?
 wagamama
03-26-2002, 10:03 PM
this is a great thread... now that i got the saber... how exactly do i get out of this room? i destroyed all of the stone pillars ... was that wrong? any help here would be great.
 wh|stler
03-26-2002, 10:04 PM
Enemy Maker:

After you disable the wire, hop in the water. Then use force-pull to pull the walkway across the water. Hop on the walkway, then make your jump.

Question of my own:

In the garbage complex, I move the box out of the way in one of the rooms and go down the pathway to where there is a cart visible. I can force-push this cart, but it just hits the cart in front of it and does nothing. Is this the path I need to take? How do I advance here? I've walked all around the complex and the only thing suspicious that I can see is a cart that I can push and pull, but only for a couple of feet both ways.

Thanks,

-) wh|stler
 Enemymaker
03-26-2002, 10:06 PM
You have to cut off the wires to all of the stones hanging a bit above the ground. This could be done by throwing your lightsabre(attack2) att the wires.
 wh|stler
03-26-2002, 10:06 PM
Wagamana:

(Sorry, still unfamiliar enough with this board to quote, so that you know exactly what I'm talking about. So I'll be as "complete sentence-ish" as I can be. :))

Notice, after you get your lightsaber, that when the door you came in opens, the rope-tied rocks on the sides of the door fall. To make the other door open, you need to do something similar. Throw your lightsaber at the ropes above the rocks at the exit, this will cut the ropes, rocks will fall, door will open.

Congratulations on your re-initiation to the force. :)
 Sudsaroo
03-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Is this the path I need to take? How do I advance here? I've walked all around the complex and the only thing suspicious that I can see is a cart that I can push and pull, but only for a couple of feet both ways.

Yes, there is another cart behind the one you are trying to push however. So you need to move that one.

Go back into the main room, there are 4 big ass things crushing stuff. Find one that that doesn't have a garbage bin next to it. There should be an opening here. Jump up into it. I'll let you figure out the rest.
 wagamama
03-26-2002, 11:47 PM
okay, i have been lobbing my saber at these ropes for what seems like hours.....
i've tried from close range
from far away...
from the center of the room...
from on the little platform thingy...
i've aimed at the top of the ropes
and at the bottom of the ropes....
and at the stones themselves...

even from atop the little stone pillars... but alas in my frustration, i destroyed all of the little pillars... did i anger the spirits of the temple?

or does my aim just plain suck?
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 12:40 AM
wagamama,

Make sure you're throwing it at the right ropes. There are two entrances / exits, both with rocks above them.

As you have been, try varying ranges as well. The appropriate part of the saber needs to make contact.

Thanks Suds, I found that while the forum was down.

-) wh|stler
 Jedii
03-27-2002, 12:49 AM
Im in the jedi path to get the light saber, im stuck in the room with these tiles on the floor or things thatyou move with your pushing force. i tried different combinatiosn but can't get the right one. Somebody please help.
 Jedii
03-27-2002, 1:00 AM
I read the post about looking at pillars or somethinb bug i really have no clue, some of the symbos are opposite of the pictures on the walls but some aren't, could somebody please explain taht part, iv been stuck on it for 2 days now, or plz take a screen adn explain that way.
Thanks A lot.
 wagamama
03-27-2002, 1:19 AM
thanks for the help... it you were right about making sure the blades touch the ropes ... my aim was a little.off.
 sakuragi
03-27-2002, 1:54 AM
:amidala:
funniest thing about me tho is that i'm stuck in lvl 1.......
prolly because i'm trying to hard and not looking at the easiest thing to do.... :D
anyway i'm stuck at the part where the power generator is destroyed and you in a big round room where there is 3 pathways while one of them is closed off......remember this is the first lvl......i dunno why but i dun seem to know where to go....

ahhhh man do i suck!
 wagamama
03-27-2002, 2:12 AM
level one took me forever as well...

i'm not sure if this is correct but...
check out the corners behind you when you are walking... i think under a sentry gun... in the corner there is a platform/elevator desguised as a floor panel... ride this up to a room where you shoot someone calling you a rebel scum... or something... go to the control panel and switch it on... and you're good to go.. i
 wagamama
03-27-2002, 2:36 AM
at center array go through doorway with red imperial emblem
go through sentry door and up the winding stairs... at the top of the stairs... turn left... looks like a small dead end hallway step into it and SUPRISE its is a elevator... you will see the control panal on circular walkway.... (above the blue empire emblem) go all the way back to center. shuffle the symbols around until they match the code..... and on to the next headache....

anyone know how to acess the console?
in quake3 it was the '~' key...
in wolfinstein it was adding "+ set sv_cheats 1" to the property exe....

not that i plan on inputing '/give all or /god or anything like that....'

now that im at nar sharrrrasdfkdjfslkfj;salkfj;salfjkal;fjka;lfjlsjka ;lkja;slfjkas;lfkjas;lfkja;slfkja;slkdfja;slfkja;s lfkjasfkjas;lfjka;slfkjas;lk

ok my eyes are dried up...
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 2:44 AM
Im in the jedi path to get the light saber, im stuck in the room with these tiles on the floor or things thatyou move with your pushing force. i tried different combinatiosn but can't get the right one. Somebody please help.

Look to the walls. On both walls are these round looking stones. You can force push those to reveal the combination you need.

On a side note. I am now way way past Nar Shadaa and the Garbage Complex.
 DrFunk
03-27-2002, 3:33 AM
Whistler:
Did you figure out how to get past that garbage level?
I found the carts to push around but I cant get anywhere.
I even tried to leap out of the top of the garbage masher onto the catwalk and it didnt work.
Please help someone!
 wxcopy
03-27-2002, 4:27 AM
I am so stuck in the trial area.

There is a series of doors that open when you step on a huge pad. Once you step off they start closing. At the end was something on a pillar that shot up in the ceiling after I started towards it. I used force speed to get there but still didn't even get close to see or get it.

When I go back to hit the big pad to open the doors again, the pillar remains in the ceiling, and there doesn't seem to be any other areas in the trial temple for me to go.

Any tips?
 SinnFein
03-27-2002, 4:31 AM
Yeah, wxcopy, just keep going up the stairs like that pillar didnt even exist. It won't matter what it is until you get to a courtyard above ground, when you find out it is your saber (even though its blue, for some reason) in a cage. I remember having the same question as you, but it doesnt matter right now, just keep going up the stairs like I said and I dont remember any other troubles until you get outside again.
 Undertakr
03-27-2002, 4:44 AM
Ok, so I'm on the level with the At-St's, I killed them all, killed the cannons, etc...I'm back at the ship, but I can't get to the ship?! What the heck am I doing wrong?

- takr
 StephenG
03-27-2002, 5:03 AM
Originally posted by wagamama
anyone know how to acess the console?
in quake3 it was the '~' key...
in wolfinstein it was adding "+ set sv_cheats 1" to the property exe....
not that i plan on inputing '/give all or /god or anything like that....'

to open console in JO just press and hold down shift then pree the ` key. i havent tyed the cheats yet and wont till i finish SP so i'm not sure if they work.
 Boreal
03-27-2002, 6:24 AM
Originally posted by Dartollen
Ok - solutions:

Room with pillars:

Go back to the room with the freezer. make sure you have pressed both buttons. go in freezer and use it to access upper walkway. from here head into the next room (there is also a secret around the other side if you strafe along the ledge right round). You shoudl now be in the room with the metal grill/water floor which hurts you, but you should be on the upper level. walk all the way round to the slit in the wall where the stormtroopers were firing from. Shoot the switch you can see through the slit. Bingo.

Hmm... I have already done what you suggest above + I have pulled the lever to make the pillars/pits appear in the large hall. However, the raising pillars only made it possible for me to access one of the ledges around the room (the one with 2 canisters + some ammo, IIRC). That's the only new area that I seem to be able to find. What now?

Thanks in advance,

Boreal

PS. I sure hope the game is more than just a great hunt for the next switch/button - someone please tell me it gets better the further you progress.
 Beaver
03-27-2002, 6:38 AM
Ok, so I'm on the level with the At-St's, I killed them all, killed the cannons, etc...I'm back at the ship, but I can't get to the ship?! What the heck am I doing wrong?

The ship you are talking about is jest the one to carry away the prisoners...

You have to go back to the big room, where you disabled the shield of the cannons... the door on the upper level is now open. Makeyour way past the next stormtroopers and you'll find Jan an sonmeone else at te end... :D

Is there NOONE who has finishe the Garbage-level, yet??? The bartender did not say a word about the password and Kyle just tells something like "garbage" or so, just making it up, there has to be another possbility... There is also no way to get back to the bar so that cannot be the solution...
 wagamama
03-27-2002, 6:44 AM
he should tell you...
 a_lil_jiggy
03-27-2002, 6:58 AM
i've been runnin around lookin for the guy as somebody had previously said he gives the password. still haven't found him tho, stuck at that robot askin for it.
 Beaver
03-27-2002, 2:13 PM
I found him!

when you go up the stairs to the upper level of the main hall (Where all of the Grenade-Guys were), there is a ventilation shaft or something like that. You just have to climb in it and crouch to its end. From up there you can shoot the Sniperguy woh is standing with his back turned to you, and feels very save with it :D

And the other thing to shoot is the one I did not see... a hi-explosive box, aim, shoot and the way will be open for you, you just habe to crouch back and go down the staris again, jump down, pass through the door and then you are going to enter the prison-complex where you are going to find Lando. Good luck!

No my next problem: I finished that level and proceeded to the next, where you have to get to Landos ship. I managed fuelling up the ship but I have no idea how to open the "roof" for Lando and Kyle to get out of this stinky Garbage....THING.

Help me.. please...
 XP3
03-27-2002, 2:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dartollen
[B]Ok - solutions:

Room with pillars:

Go back to the room with the freezer. make sure you have pressed both buttons. go in freezer and use it to access upper walkway. from here head into the next room (there is also a secret around the other side if you strafe along the ledge right round). You shoudl now be in the room with the metal grill/water floor which hurts you, but you should be on the upper level. walk all the way round to the slit in the wall where the stormtroopers were firing from. Shoot the switch you can see through the slit. Bingo. [QUOTE]

"Shoot the switch you can see through the slit" You mean the
two windows you can't jump through but can see a switch, a med pack, a crate and a lift?

Shooting the switch doesn't do anything, I spent all ammo shooting all over the damn thing. Can blow it up using a grenade but that doesn't do anything either.

Is there a trick to shooting switches I'm not getting?

thanks!
 Jedii
03-27-2002, 2:39 PM
Could somebody please answer my question about the moving plates on the floor which ihave to move with my push force power, and there are simbols on the wall. Its the first test to get the lightsaber.
 Artax
03-27-2002, 2:54 PM
 marcow
03-27-2002, 3:06 PM
I feel stupid but am stuck in the very beginning at kejim post. I retrieved the supply key by killing a guard but now what?

Can't seem to get anywhere for hours. :(
 ZipD
03-27-2002, 3:15 PM
I have the same problem - I've got the supply key, went down the big, gridded elevator and got attacked by a few Stormtroopers in a corridor. They came out of a large room with some crates. I destoryed the odd-looking crate and it revealed a hole in the ground leading to a level below. So down I went since there's no where else to go (2 other doors in the corridor is locked).

Down here, there's a generator-like thing that has electricity coming out of it. There's only two things I could do here: destroy the generator or switch it off but that's it. I'm stuck!!! There's no way back up to the upper level and the glass beside the generator is un-breakable! What gives???

Somebody help please!!!
 marcow
03-27-2002, 3:19 PM
How do you get the elevator to work? I can't get it to move. I would asume you use press the use key with the pass selected standing in front of the console but nothing happens.
 sakuragi
03-27-2002, 5:49 PM
jesus christ
how do u turn off the generator in lvl 1?
i thought u can only destroy it

and most people said that in the big room in the middle where all the power is off...and the doors are closed how do i move to the next part....of course i blew up the generator so there is no power.......now somebody said about how u can turn the generator off.....how do i do that???? where!!??

This is driving me nuts!!!!!!
i want to understand the story!!!!!!!
someone help me!!!!!
Page: 1 of 2