Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Ingame Music

Page: 1 of 1
 cmrbreno13
11-16-2001, 1:24 PM
I just bought the game and I already am having problems. I can hear all of the sound FX, voices etc. but the music is the problem. I can hear music at the start-up screen and in the Menues but when I am actually playing a map, I don't get any music at all. All I get is the Sound FX and Voices. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

I installed DirectX 8.0a which came with the CD and I have the latest drivers for my video and sound card. Here is my computer Specs:

AMD Athlon 1.0ghz
384MB RAM
Nvidia TNT2 Pro Video Card
Creative Labs SoundBlaster PCI 128
60GB Hard Drive
Windows 98se

Thank you in advance.

-Cmrbreno13
 jaustin1
11-19-2001, 2:41 PM
Perhaps it's worth trying DirectX 8.1, available from Microsoft through Windows Update.
 mike_k
11-20-2001, 7:00 AM
I have exactly same problem. Only solution i found until now is to start Winamp before starting the game and use it to play audio track from the game cd. Any1 have better solution???
 Veers
11-20-2001, 2:32 PM
I have the exact same problem.

Music plays just fine in the main menu but once a game begins there is no music period.
 Veers
11-21-2001, 12:57 PM
Found a solution for myself...

Make sure the audio cable between your cd rom and sound card is hooked in properly. Simple i know, but it fixed my problem. Hope it helps you guys.
 Lord JayVizIon
11-21-2001, 5:33 PM
HERE'S the tip:

THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION (http://forums.galacticbattles.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3668)

If you have two cd roms (i have a CD-R and a CD-RW)like i do. put an audio cd into the drive you play swgb from. if there's no sound, that means you have to configure it so that the drive you play swgb from is the DEFAULT drive for playing music. it happened to me, and now i have music.

write back here if there are more problems...
 mike_k
11-25-2001, 2:37 PM
I today reinstalled Windows (Win ME) becouse they crashed totally and now music plays well in game. I don't know where was the problem but now it's fine. :)
 EndSub
11-28-2001, 8:55 AM
hehe, got to love the bug ridden pile of crap code that is WinME :D
 jangofett
12-03-2001, 9:29 PM
how do you go about setting the d drive as default audio player
 OOM-479
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Hey sorry to dig up old topics but I saw it and am having the same problem. The sound works but not ingame music. How do you set drives as music defaults?

(I have SAGA)
Page: 1 of 1