Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

unfied model pack...

Page: 1 of 1
 enderWiggin6
03-23-2002, 11:39 AM
hey, i've been lurking here for a while, and finally decided to post. wouldn't it be wise to compile one large collection of skins and player models, and have everyone in the community use that, much like sbx? i mean, i think we'd all like to actually see the correct skins for everyone else playing on the server...maybe it'd be a good idea to have one pack of skins that all the servers use, and can be updated as necessary when new models are added. then everyone can download it from the same place, and keep unified. i don't know, maybe someone is already on this issue, any ideas?

ender
 digl
03-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Welcome to the forums enderWiggin6.
I moved this thread to the modeling section of the mod central forums.

Something like BFP2 for JK2 must be done, I agree with you.
 GRIMLOCK
04-01-2002, 12:50 AM
grand idea
thats also whats been going on over at the Transformers mod for Q2
the pack is constantly (or was before everyone moved on) updated
even gets a few additions every now and then these days...
 pitched_black
04-08-2002, 8:16 PM
The problem I see with that is that the file would get pretty large after a while and everyone would have to download the entire thing again to get 1 more skin.
That would suck even for me with cable internet.
 H-street
04-08-2002, 9:08 PM
one nice thing Q3 supports ( and UT) is that whatever the server has that you don't.. your client will automatically download it from the server. so if the server is running a model/skin/map you don't have your JKO client will automatcially ( as long as you have Allow Downloads enabled) download it from the server..

Back with JK1 it was an issue because both clients needed the same thing.
 pitched_black
04-08-2002, 9:48 PM
That's why I think Raven should've enabled that option by default, but they didn't so everytime you make a server, remember to enable it!
And don't forget to check on it once in awhile to make sure it's enabled server-side.
Page: 1 of 1