Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

People saying Conc, etc in JK was cheap

Page: 1 of 1
 ThAd
03-19-2002, 7:48 PM
I am sick of people saying conc, forces(ie: deadlysight, grip) were cheap factors in JK. I started in early 99 playing the game and I missed alot of the good stuff, but i do know that to be good at a game you need to play the way it takes to win.. this excludes cheating of course. Unless a ladder (ie:OGL, PG) has specific rules set for a setting then you are free to use what weapons you want. This is like awp for CS.. Many people complain about it. It is very easy to use and effective and if you use it you automatically get called a newbie? Saying this, I would just like to put an end to any post or person saying that playing a certain way is cheap.
 Zodiac
03-19-2002, 8:18 PM
Most people are just complaining that the conc-weapon was so much stronger that any of those other guns, with only the rail coming close to it. So they're not saying the conc sucked, it was just that the other guns were too weak lol.

I just hope JK2 will have more balanced weapons, so you can now actually pick up a weapon and use it lol. In JK people never used the bowcaster or even those grenades.. they just picked em up for more ammo for the conc :D

As for CS, AWPs ARE cheap when it's used in unfair circumstances. With that I mean situations like these:
One team CAN afford to buy AWPs, and the other team can't.

The AWP-team kills the entire other team with the help of the AWP-rifle. And this just keeps on going and going, and the other team just loses every time, due to the fact that they don't have enough money to buy an AWP for themselves. All they can buy is some MP5, and in better rounds a Colt or AK47. It's cheap then, cuz the team without AWPs can't defend themselves very well :( So it results in an unfair battle, no fun or competition at all.

It sux then, but when both teams have the ability to buy AWP, then it's cool and I have no probs with that..
 G0SP0DAR
03-20-2002, 11:47 PM
conc means little when your opponent uses Force Pull ;), but never underestimate the power of sequencer charges!
 Saber_Trails
03-21-2002, 2:02 AM
the only time id say conc was lame is when im sitting in a game saber dueling someone and a huge white blast knocks the other guy and me to our death or drops us a long way but hey its part of the game
 Equal Opposites
03-27-2002, 1:15 PM
I agree on what you are saying Zodiac.. those situations are extremely frustrating. Especially if the other team brags about it. :rolleyes:

Oh and.. what does conc stand for? :confused:
 JaG|Kaiser
03-27-2002, 2:42 PM
Why would you be dueling in a guns game?
 dev-logan
03-27-2002, 4:21 PM
are you really serious about saying the team that has EARNED the money for awp using the awp against the team that HAS NOT EARNED the money is cheap?

it makes me think that you might be one of those crybabies that whines when you get awped
 JaG|Kaiser
03-27-2002, 5:44 PM
Hold me Gen. :amidala:
 Zodiac
03-28-2002, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by dev-logan
are you really serious about saying the team that has EARNED the money for awp using the awp against the team that HAS NOT EARNED the money is cheap?

it makes me think that you might be one of those crybabies that whines when you get awped

I was talking about normal mp in my previous post. You're correct when ur talking about a tournament-match, when all the players have been there from the beginning, and the team that's doing good has earned themselves that AWP.

But there are numerous reasons why AWPs can be gay, all depending on the map, the starting money when u just joined a server, etc. We could go into a really big discussion about the AWP, but I won't get into that because u can go visit any CS forum for a discussion like that.
Don't get me wrong, I don't cry when I get shot by an AWP, cuz I myself love that rifle, but I just think it can be gay in some specific situations. This is a JK2 forum, so this is probably my last post concerning CS. If u'd like to continue talking about the AWP, feel free to email me.
Page: 1 of 1