Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forum Inauguration

Page: 1 of 1
 digl
03-17-2002, 4:37 PM
This will be full of posts in a few weeks!

I hope I can get local sites to host JO dedicated servers.
 Roger
03-17-2002, 4:44 PM
I'll be hosting one at:
http://rogerkemp.homeip.net/)

:D
 Krayt Tion
03-17-2002, 4:49 PM
You finally got yer server forum, good, this will be helpful.
 Wilhuf
03-17-2002, 5:05 PM
Yes, hopefully server admins, who are ponying up their own hardware and bandwidth, on their nickel, to host LEC/RAVEN's game, will have enough info to work with at launch. I'm confident about this, given the large base of existing Q3 server administration information to draw on. I don't expect server administration for Outcast to be identical to Q3A, of course.

As long as it is not like the Medal of Honor situation! The MOH guys never got any official server administration information for weeks following game launch. Gamers were left on their own to muddle through, uncover, figure out, and gradually publish server administration info, without 2015 input. It was kind of ugly really.
 G0SP0DAR
03-19-2002, 12:30 PM
How many CPU cycles will a dedicated JO server eat? I just want to know because I'm interested in hosting one, although I don't have another computer that could, so I'm wondering if I decided to join my own if it would be laggy, as that has happened in the past with other (lesser) FPS multiplayer games.
Page: 1 of 1