Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OFFICIAL post for clans/ladders/leagues

Page: 1 of 1
 Alchemist
03-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Dear Old and New JKers,

First of all i would like say welcome and i to everyone thats going to be playing the next greatest sequal in the jediknight saga, outcast.

The intent of this post is to get an idea on what ladders are going to be out there, as well as leagues, tournaments (hosted by clans and otherwise), clan listings, as well as game aspects, especially for multi player. The more active the community will be, the more the game will pan out (which i expect to anyway)

From my eyes:

Ive been playing quake for a long while, ever since i left jk in 99 or so. There are so many aspects that are going to be availible in multiplayer its going to be hectic and rediculous, i call for a list or vote of the best types that should be play.

Rather then the obvious acronyms of TDM/DM/CTF etc, i think we should throw out a number of how many people will be on a team for tdm etc. NOTE that jk2 will be played more client/server based, rather then peer to peer like jk used to be.

So for the rest of this post, i will explain some ideas, and im open for critizism and suggestion, but i think that TWF, CWN, CAL, and other ladders/leagues should actually get ahold of this thread and look it over, to see exactly what gamers would be interested to see. so here we go..

GAMING ASPECTS-

TDM - i think the standard should be 4v4, that was the standard for competitive leagues and ladders for quake, and i think in outcast, will hold great interest with players as well as keeping the game fast paced. I honestly think ladders like TWF and CWN should start out with 4v4 TDM/CTF ladders, the fact that servers will be the place for matches rather then relying on someones connection peer to peer. 2v2 i would say would be the next part, 3v3 would be somewhat pointless and would just make it harder for ladders to maintain 20 ladders for 2v2/3v3/4v4 nf/ff sabers/guns, it will be mayhem. So i suggest the community create a standard asap.

DM- duh, guns/sabs nf/ff 1v1

CTF- Same as TDM, and would only be two ladders like FF and NF.

UPCOMMING & OLD CLANS -

If you have a clanwebsite, or know the different clans that are going to participate, lets get a number and start to give non clan members heads up!

(my clan is Deviant Objectives #deviant on irc.enterthegame.com, www.team-deviant.net) )

LADDER & LEAGUES -

Now is your chance to start posting for upcomming ladders / leagues! In your replies to this message just advertise and show off your stuff and starting filling your IRC channels!

www.teamwarfare.com)
www.provinggrounds.com)
www.caleague.com)

Thats basically all i have to say, oh and by the way, DOWN WITH THE ZONE! start moving to irc!

dev-alchemist
 JaG|Kaiser
03-14-2002, 7:24 PM
Good post, alch. your initiative can certainly be appreciated. I think at this point, that it is difficult to figure out the game styles until we have the physical game. opiate over at TWL has been asking about this sort of thing already, but I think it'd be best for us to wait for the game to come out.

Once the game comes out and we stop smearing Budman, we can sit down and try to work out the best formats. Would you agree?
 Alchemist
03-14-2002, 11:33 PM
indeed, i just hope that we can all work this out as a community, and get this game rolling first thing!
 JaG|Kaiser
03-15-2002, 10:10 AM
Absolutely, and I agree with you. If it is 5 on 5, then I'd imagine some teams will want to increase their roster to field multiple teams. People will want to practice team strats and what-not. In any case, we need to wait for the game. That last trailer made me more anxious than I anticipated. I feel like such a sucker :]
Page: 1 of 1