Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

multiplayer?

Page: 1 of 1
 Xirion
03-13-2002, 7:32 AM
is it gonna be multiplayer?
i have heard it is yet
 Darth Simpson
03-13-2002, 8:04 AM
I don't think we have any info about that yet, at least I can't remember seeing anything about it. Stil early though, so we can all hope.

It's being designed primarily as a single-player game though, so I wouldn't expect them to put a lot of effort into multi-player. Remember, LucasArts decided to put this game off until 2003, just because Star Wars Galaxies is also coming out this year. That game should cover all of your multi-player needs though... =)
 Xirion
03-13-2002, 8:11 AM
yes but not everyone can afford to pay every month
plus a lot of people want to be a jedi and KOTOR offers that for them
it will not take away the SWG players
 Com Raven
03-13-2002, 8:18 AM
Well, look at the official boards for news..

Or wait till i bring 'em along here...:D
 Darth Simpson
03-13-2002, 11:21 AM
BG 2 had multiplayer didn't it? I don't want to re-install it just to check... ;)

Hmm, maybe one of the reasons LEC delayed KOTOR PC is that is does include multiplayer, and they don't want people playing that instead of Galaxies. Could be a valid point.
 Com Raven
03-13-2002, 11:36 AM
All infinity games [BG I+II, Icewind Dale I+II ] have mp, except for Torment.....
 Xirion
03-14-2002, 4:02 AM
never heard of torment
thats probaly why cos no MP
 Com Raven
03-14-2002, 6:14 AM
Planescape: Torment.....

it's often said to be the rpg with the best story....
most xp are given for intelligent dialogues and solving ridles, not that much combat...
 JediMasters
09-12-2002, 8:37 PM
To put it simple I doubt they will have MP on KOTOR. Maby for an expantion but a real MP game neads alot more then 5 or 6 planets that you can explore in 15 minutes each. Also SWG will cover this.
 Com Raven
09-13-2002, 7:27 AM
hmm, lemme fo the maths...

6 planetsx 15 min = 90 min...

hmm, sounds a bit unreasonable...

how good we all know that there will be 10 planets and 40+ hours of gameplay...
 Hannibal
09-13-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Darth Simpson
Hmm, maybe one of the reasons LEC delayed KOTOR PC is that is does include multiplayer, and they don't want people playing that instead of Galaxies. Could be a valid point.

That would be a great suprise.

If they make this multiplayer it will sell like crazy.

:grnbounc:
Page: 1 of 1