Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ships

Page: 2 of 3
 Jan Gaarni
04-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Ah dang, and we missed it. :D

Hope you took pictures. ;) :p
 Com Raven
04-13-2002, 12:12 PM
Actually, I was busy trying to stay alive...
 Wings_SWmud
04-13-2002, 12:24 PM
I think it's kinda funny that everyone and their grandmother are already saying, "I'm going to have X ship" or "I'll steal X and do Y". I mean, sure, the FAQs are detailed enough, but we don't know for certain (at least most of us *pokes beta testers*) how things are really going to work. I see people saying, "I'jm going to buy a T-65", or "I'm gonna ge a Z-95". Sorry to dampen the occasion, but both these are military-grade ships. They won't just be sat on a dock somewhere waiting to be 'harvested', as it were. I seem to remember somewhere that a Z-95 (according to SW canon) costs 1.5M credits. No doubt some of the big PAs are going to have that sort of cast lying around, but smaller ones, and single players, are not. I'm also guessing that a Z-95 kinda pushes the limit on the class of ship you could easily acquire. TIEs, certainly, are military ships, and are used only by the Imperial Navy and planetary governments. At the end of the day, you'll probably be flying around in the cargo hauler for quite a while. Freighters are another aspect. Take the average YT-1300. A basic, unmodified one is described in several places as "something you wouldn't want to take on a TIE in". Now, considering the TIE's reputation for...erm...stability *whistle* I think a lot of people are going to be in for a shock when they try to buzz an ISD. Hell, I might be wrong about all this. I certainly hope so. But it stands to reason that, if the SWG team are attempting to make the game as realistic as possible, there are going to be a LOT of safeguards against individuals obtaining impressive ships.
As for me, just gimme a cruise liner...anything I can make money off =)
*Flame-guard enabled*
 Com Raven
04-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Yeah, well sure, that's why I'll be stealing an ewok glider..
 Jan Gaarni
04-14-2002, 7:58 PM
Wings_SWmud, I've said this before I think. :)
ISD's are most definatly not going to be available to buy,
1) because the number of crewmen it needs,
2) cost,
3) and it's mlitary hardware produced exclusivly for the Empire.
The last part is the same for the Tie crafts.

The Z-95 Headhunter is another matter. These ships are available to anyone that want one.
X-wings can possible be available. If they are, most likely you must aquire one on the black market.

Q:
... that a Z-95 (according to SW canon) costs 1.5M credits.
Where is this SW canon, may I see it? :)
 Wings_SWmud
04-15-2002, 2:18 PM
Sure...gimme a couple hours to find it

Oh, and I never said anything about BUYING an ISD - just doing a flyby. On a more positive note...CR90s are "oficially" classed as freighters, not capital ships, so hopefully we'll be seeing a few of those screeching round =)

Well, can't find the Z-95 thingy, but I did find a couple things that might put people off buying one outright, but will probably help overall sales, due to the contributions to the economy that could possibly be made...

-No hyperdrive (I guess a big market for people with ship design skills then...)

-Slow (only 85MGLT)

-Ugly (Will this be a concern? Looking at the sort of people we have here *ducks) =)

-Armament is hardly impressive (Version-dependent though; I3 had armament roughly twice as superior as the RZ-1)

-Weak shields (Hull is famously sturdy, however)
 Wings_SWmud
04-15-2002, 2:31 PM
Hey Raven...you'll kill us all as long as we don't use anything more technologically advanced than a rock...if we use rocks, however, you're done for :trooper: :ewok:
 Jan Gaarni
04-15-2002, 8:30 PM
Oh, and I never said anything about BUYING an ISD - just doing a flyby.
Neither did I say you did, :) but I did misunderstand that part still. :D I was agreeing with you that ISDs are not going to be available to buy. That's all. It was mentioned earlier in another thread. :)
-No hyperdrive (I guess a big market for people with ship design skills then...)
From the factories they come without a hyperdrive, but one can be fitted if needs be. Still not disagreeing with ya, just adding. ;)

Q: What's an CR90 again? It sounds familiar. Thought for a moment that you meant a MC90 (Mon Cal Cruiser), but that can't be it.
 MikeC
04-15-2002, 9:00 PM
The Z-95s in the X-wing/Tie Fighter series of games had hyperdrives. I know its not exactly cannon, but its the best look at Z-95s we have.

Ah, here we go. From starwars.com
Z-95s are typically not equipped with hyperdrive engines, though famed Republic (and later Alliance) tactician Adar Tallon developed a variant -- the Z-95t -- which featured a class 3 hyperdrive, and increased maneuverability. Later Z-95s did feature an Incom Gbk-435 hyperdrive motivator, and a Narmox Zr-390 navicomputer system.
 Wraith 8
04-18-2002, 12:11 PM
so... are there any info wich ships there will be in the game???
 MikeC
04-18-2002, 5:48 PM
We have nothing official. The Devs have been almost totally silent about what will be in the space expansion. Anytime someone asks them they just get the old "you'll have to wait and find out" line.
 Wings_SWmud
04-18-2002, 7:33 PM
Sorry, got a bit over-teched...CR90 is just the model of Corellian 'vette we all know and love =)

Anyway...the versions of the Z-95 that are for sale with hyperdrive probably wouldn't be able to be bought, I would think - enough planets still use them as front-line fighters that they would b ereserved for military...but this would, in a way, be a good thing...after all, if you can just go out and buy a top-of-the-line fighter, there's not so much use for ship crafting skills, aye?
 WLP_Espinado
04-18-2002, 7:35 PM
Actually OCH I believe in the FAQ it says that the game picks a name for you, with a PROPER first and last name. ex: Raith Sienar. So you SOL on OCH name. one thing, Are you gonna be the Krayt Hunta instead of the Croc Hunter?:D
 Wraith 8
04-19-2002, 4:50 AM
soooo..... we cant exactly choose the name??
 Com Raven
04-19-2002, 10:09 AM
Rocks ??
Damn, have to go back to the lab then....

Z 95s are pretty cheap in the rpg...
 Wings_SWmud
04-19-2002, 8:12 PM
Pssst...Raven...I can, you know, "supply" you with some rocks...you'll be paying for a few years...but you can knock out an entire legion of stormtroopers with one!

*Is STILL bitter about the Battle of Endor*
 Com Raven
04-20-2002, 6:00 PM
Hah, it just showed how deadly underestimating an enemy can be...
 MikeC
04-20-2002, 6:42 PM
More importantly, it goes to show how dangerous rocks really are. I think the international community must act immediatly to remove this threat. I propose a limit to the number of rocks each country can have in its arsenal as well as an immediate and unilateral ban on all above ground rock testing. We can call it something like the Strategic Rock Limitation Treaty.

Maybe we should even look into the creation of a space based anti-rock system as well. ;)
 Jan Gaarni
04-20-2002, 7:33 PM
Maybe we should even look into the creation of a space based anti-rock system as well.

Actually that's not a bad idea. :) Why?

Think of it. Dozens of rocks are swooshing dangerously close to our planet all the time. It's just a matter of time until one of them hits. :eek:
 Com Raven
04-20-2002, 8:02 PM
You mean....

WE WILL ALL BE KILLED BY ROCKS ??
 MikeC
04-20-2002, 8:56 PM
SEE! I told you they were dangerous!
 Com Raven
04-21-2002, 10:22 AM
time to behave like Wraith and run off SCREAMING !!!
 Sirus Darknight
04-21-2002, 3:12 PM
the kind of ship i really want is a drednaught... not really... i really want a ship like the Cloakshape Fighter (from the guide to vehicles and vessels), or a Corellian YV-666 like bossk has, or maybe a marauder corvette. Or even better, a star viper like Xizor, or a skipray blastboat. Or an Action VI like Talon Karrde. The possibilities are endless!:evil2: :jango: :clone: mwhahahahaha
 Com Raven
04-21-2002, 5:22 PM
Join the struggle, order your Ewok Glider today !!
 Jan Gaarni
04-21-2002, 7:50 PM
I'll have one, Raven.

But loose the hyperdrive. I already have a hair dryer. :D

Well? Make up your mind, Darknight. What's it gonna be? :p
 Wraith 8
04-22-2002, 7:52 AM
*runs threw the topic screaming*
 Com Raven
04-22-2002, 1:08 PM
Yeah, there he comes again...
 Wraith 8
04-23-2002, 5:14 AM
and here i go again! :D

*runs out of the topic screaming*
 Com Raven
04-23-2002, 1:45 PM
every night from here to hell, watch the incredible screaming wraith !!!
 MikeC
04-26-2002, 1:45 AM
We need to set up a tripwire for the next time Wraith comes running through. :p
 Wraith 8
04-26-2002, 4:52 AM
*comes running threw the topic again, but trips on a whire and smacks to the ground*
*looks at whire*
*gets pocketknife*
*cuts the whire*
*stands up*
*Starts running out of the topic again*
 Com Raven
04-26-2002, 10:36 AM
Hmm, looks as if I have to come up with a more devious trap...
 Sirus Darknight
04-26-2002, 10:30 PM
i think that one of my characters is gonna probably have an Action VI like the Wild Karrde, and another one will prolly have a Skipray. They r the coolest!:vadar:
 Com Raven
04-27-2002, 11:28 AM
yeah, skiprays are pretty cool...
 Wraith 8
04-27-2002, 6:09 PM
euh..... question... you can have just ONE charachter... not 2 or more right?
 MikeC
04-27-2002, 6:50 PM
No. We will be able to have more than one character per account/server. They haven't said just what the limit will be, but we know its more than one.
 Com Raven
04-27-2002, 7:13 PM
wasn't there talk of 5 per account ??
 MikeC
04-27-2002, 9:17 PM
There's been talk about all kinds of numbers among the community. The developers have told us nothing other than it will be more than one.
 BH87
04-28-2002, 1:33 AM
:fett: i am gonna be a bounty hunter:jango:
 MikeC
04-28-2002, 1:45 AM
Howdy stranger. :D

Welcome to our little corner of the Star Wars Galaxy. How much would it cost to take out a bounty on Wriath 8 if he comes running through the topic again?
 BH87
04-28-2002, 1:55 AM
800 credits, hey, thats my discount :p

:newbie:
 MikeC
04-28-2002, 3:44 AM
Dang, you're expensive. Never mind. I'll just set up another tripwire until Com Raven comes up with something "more devious".
 Jan Gaarni
04-28-2002, 5:25 AM
*puts up several bear traps*

Is that devious enough for ya? :D :D :D
 MikeC
04-28-2002, 2:17 PM
It's a good start. ;)
 Com Raven
04-28-2002, 4:56 PM
poison !!

that's the trick ,isn't it...
 MikeC
04-28-2002, 5:09 PM
So let me see if I understand this.

1. Wraith 8 trips and falls because of my tripwire.

2. When he falls he lands face first in Jan's bear trap.

3. While he's struggling to get out of the bear trap, Com Raven runs up and injects him with a poison filled syrnge.

That sounds pretty devious to me. Who needs bounty hunters anyway? ;)
 Sckitzo
04-29-2002, 2:28 AM
Haha I vote we suddece him witha dancing Gammorean in a Thong, that should help. But any as for a questiong is there s semi-defintive, or even tenative list of the ships we will be able to get int the exp? And when the game first comes out will there be any way to make a piliot type chacter and just train him till the game comes out? just my first post so ill say hi to. :tie:
 Wraith 8
04-29-2002, 4:52 AM
*was listening at the door what they were all saying*
*standing outside the room shouting*
Well Welcome to SWGALAXIES.net. Juztyn has been missing from the forums for like... forever.... but ill see if i can dig up some chocolate covered GNORTS :D :D.

C ya around

*runs away from this topic to never enter it again :D*

-Wraith 8-

"You know, if I had even the tiniest control over the Force,
What I,d do with it? I,d scratch that little spot in the center
of my back I can never reach."
-Garik Loran-
X-wing book nr. 5. Wraith Squadron

Rogue Squadron.net (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=105)
Give in to the insanity. It is unreasonable, but it is your destiny!
 MikeC
04-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Sckitzo
Haha I vote we suddece him witha dancing Gammorean in a Thong, that should help. But any as for a questiong is there s semi-defintive, or even tenative list of the ships we will be able to get int the exp? And when the game first comes out will there be any way to make a piliot type chacter and just train him till the game comes out? just my first post so ill say hi to.

First of all, let me say hello and welcome.

Second, that dancing Gammorean is an immage I REALLY didn't need.

As for your questions, we don't have anything from the developers at all on what types of ships will be in the space expansion. In fact they have been giving us absolutely nothing about the space expansion so far. Any list of ships would be pure speculation, but its a good bet we will see Tie Fighters, Y-wings, X-wings, Z95 Headhunters and an assortment of light freighters. Some of these (like Tie Fighters) you may not have access to unless you belong to a particular faction.

We don't know exactly what skills will be required for piloting, but you can probably (at the very least) build up some basic skills that will help you become a pilot later.
 Com Raven
04-29-2002, 4:38 PM
oh, yeah, a thong-wearing gamorrean.....

thx for making my day man....
Page: 2 of 3