Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Escape From Monkey Island!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Cypress Hill
03-09-2002, 11:58 AM
I just got this game, i've never played it....well only the demo..what did you people think of this adventure? i liked the demo because of the funny stuff and the Grim Fandango-esque graphics...

I've never played Gabriel Knight3 either, how is that game???
i heard from a msn buddy that it's one damn fine adventure game...
 Tall Guy
03-09-2002, 4:37 PM
what forum is this again?! ;)
 Metallus
03-09-2002, 4:44 PM
Tall Guy: I's the forum to talk about anything ;). He's probably asking us because not everyone here posts at the EMI.com boards.

As a Grim Fandango fan, I like the keyboard interface, although a lot of MI fans didn't like the switch from point-n-click to keyboard. I thought the game was funny, and the graphics were ok, but it couldn't stand up to the previous MI games.
 xGrimx
03-09-2002, 5:07 PM
Escape MI, wasn't to bad. I enjoyed Gabriel Knight 3, well the part I actually got to play, it's a good game. I'd reccomend playing the first 2 before anything tho..
 Schmatz
03-09-2002, 8:53 PM
Yeah he's better off asking us about EMI, because asking them over at the EscapeMI forums might lead him to getting piled with those infamous gift baskets plus they will all tell you it is the best game ever...etc. Quite a madhouse in those there boards.
 Tall Guy
03-10-2002, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by Metallus
Tall Guy: I's the forum to talk about anything ;). He's probably asking us because not everyone here posts at the EMI.com boards
you're right ;) my deepest apologies :D
 Cypress Hill
03-11-2002, 1:28 PM
Well i've been to the shop after work, i saw that Gabriel knight 3 was very cheap and i saw grim fandango classic too..already completed the game but i never had the game for myself..i borrowed it..and the game is definetely worth owning.
 Thrik
03-11-2002, 5:01 PM
Heh, well EFMI was a pretty good game, but it lacked the atmosphere of the older games :)

It had nice visuals/music score though.
 mymipage
03-14-2002, 4:01 PM
I like Escape From Monkey Island but it's not as good as the first 3 Monkey Island Games! I miss Point & Click :(

btw, I'm mymipage, I'm Monkey Island Fan from Ireland, I never played Grimfandango :( but I'm going to try and get it. You can find my at milegend.com or brimstone.tk (my site) which are 2 MI Sites ;)
 ZoE GurL
03-14-2002, 6:57 PM
i LOVED CMI -MI3... i finished the mega monkey and went to buy EMI-MI4 the day after:D :p
but i cant get my hands on MI1 or MI2 :( they r no longer sold in Australia
 Metallus
03-14-2002, 7:11 PM
Yes they are, they've actually just been rereleased (along with the other two games) exclusively for AU and NZ. You must have missed the announcement (http://www.scummbar.com/index.php?todo=readcomments&id=62) on The SCUMM Bar (http://www.scummbar.com). Good luck!
 ZoE GurL
03-14-2002, 7:31 PM
Ooooo really? good stuff ;) im gonna go buy 'em :)hmm i suppose it would help to have money first aye? *runs to the bank - damn im broke - considers robbing the bank...maybe not*
and the Scumm Bar ROX!
heh

:D Zoe
 Claire_X
03-15-2002, 3:09 PM
I'm fairly likely to be attacked by pitchfork waving pro-Lucasart fans here, but if I were you, I'd go for Gabriel Knight 3 instead, as this is simply one of the most superb games I have ever played (after Grim Fandango.) You can't lose out either way ;)
Page: 1 of 1