Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Let's do smt Grim Fandango

Page: 1 of 1
 Hel-ter
03-09-2002, 9:08 AM
unforunately I don't have any FUN and ORIGINAL suggestions..

Anyone?
 Gexx
03-10-2002, 9:23 AM
ummmm... the funniest grim fandango edit of a screenshot?
 Tall Guy
03-11-2002, 5:52 AM
yeah we should do that...kinda like 'gamer snap' in pcgamer. each person submits a screetshot that has been adited or has a funny caption attached
 Hel-ter
03-18-2002, 6:59 AM
Then I first have to learn how to work with photoshop... I mean then I first have to GET photoshop...
 Tall Guy
03-18-2002, 7:54 AM
ms paint works fine :)
 MeddlingMonk
03-18-2002, 7:08 PM
That's like brushing your teeth with a Brillo pad: gets the job done but is very painful.

Try Gimp. It does pretty much everything Photoshop does and is free.
 Tall Guy
03-19-2002, 6:17 AM
we're talkin about captions here...not full scale works of art! btw, can u actially get GIMP to run on a windows based computer? i once tried it on Linux Mandrake, but i didnt get very far. Photoshops the best if you can get hold of it.
 MeddlingMonk
03-19-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tall Guy
can u actially get GIMP to run on a windows based computer?

Yep. And there's a new version here (http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/).
 Tall Guy
03-20-2002, 3:05 AM
great, i'll get it now and see if i have anymore luck on a windows machine.
 Gexx
03-20-2002, 7:20 PM
while we're talking about this. my friend is hosting my site. its gonna have screenshot edits on it. actually, that IS the site.
 MeddlingMonk
03-20-2002, 9:27 PM
Originally posted by Tall Guy
great, i'll get it now and see if i have anymore luck on a windows machine.

I've never had any real trouble with it (as if that means anything). One nice thing about it is it preserves the detachable menus of the Unix/Linux environment. Wish all Windows programs had that.
 Tall Guy
03-22-2002, 4:08 AM
well i got it, and i have to say it pretty cool, just spent about an hour messin around with it. It does take a bit of getting used to but once u get the hang of it then its pretty damn good ;) and all free too!
 H. Toothroot
04-19-2002, 12:45 PM
I also use Photoshp and itґs just an awesome programm. You can easily edit pictures in it, and so itґs also good to edit screenshots.
We should make up the "Grim Fandango Pic of the Week "-Site, in which al the members of this forum can post there favorite scene, which can be voted for in a poll.
I would choose Glottis vomiting on a huge field of Domino Stones, even if you donґt see the actual vomiting process.;)

If everybody has the chance to edit pics we should make up this site,

Iґm a genius:cool:
Page: 1 of 1