Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

soundcard help (read Snuckey's tut and did it)

Page: 1 of 1
 Skib
03-07-2002, 9:13 PM
Help would be appreciated. I followed the directions in Snuckey's tutorial but my sound still doesn't work. I have a SoundBlaster Live! card if that helps. Thanks
 Metallus
03-07-2002, 9:23 PM
Sorry it didn't help. I need to update that tutorial on a few points. You ought to try out scummVM (http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?category=developernews&id=47) to get your sound working.
 Skib
03-07-2002, 10:15 PM
Doh! I have no way to compile it... Grrr... Oh well. I'll look forward to your updated tut, metallus. If I may say so, the current one is very nicely done, with the screenshots and all I mean. http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif)
 Metallus
03-07-2002, 10:25 PM
You don't have to compile it. They have precompiled ones available.
 Skib
03-08-2002, 4:03 PM
So they do! But which files do I put in the SCUMMVM directory?
 Metallus
03-08-2002, 4:57 PM
All of em. It's confusing, but if you follow the directions as listed, you should be able to run it no problem.
 Jake
03-08-2002, 5:58 PM
I hope as ScummVM gets more along it will get a really swanky frontend that does things like

1) launch ScummVM
2) Insert Hit the Road CD
3) See nice "hit the road" logo and launch options appear in the ScummVM window (ie "run full screen" "run in window" "use sound card for music" "use software wavetable/soundfonts for music" "load frozen state or savegame" etc etc)
4) Play and enjoy.
 Skib
03-08-2002, 8:25 PM
Woohoo! It works! :) .... Only no music :( .... and when I press F1 to load my save games, nothing happens... :mad:. Thanks though.
 Metallus
03-08-2002, 8:29 PM
Try F5. I think that might work...
Page: 1 of 1