Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WHY X-BOX FIRST!!! (know the reason but I don't care)

Page: 1 of 1
 darthfergie
03-04-2002, 9:26 PM
Personally I wanted KOTR more than Galaxies. In fact I didn't even want another EverCrack clone. I just wanted the coolest...KOTR. WHY X-BOX FIRST!!! I can see it being ported later, but this is just rediculous!!! I don't think I'll be able to wait ANOTHER year for the best SW RPG...

ARGUEBLAMOS!!!
 Com Raven
03-05-2002, 10:02 AM
developing on the pc takes more time....
 Hannibal
03-05-2002, 10:10 AM
Calm yourself. A year isn't that long.:D The fact that they announced this game helps me with JK2. I really want KOTOR and until it was announced I was waiting for JK2, now I'll probably not even notice when it comes out.:D So think of something longer than a year away that you want more than KOTOR.

For instance, I can't wait till next year's football season is over so I can gloat over the fact that the Ravens suck! Ooh I can't wait! Damn it!! I wish this year would pass already.
 Com Raven
03-05-2002, 10:46 AM
Hey, my ravens will tear ya apart .....

Patriots !!!
 Hannibal
03-05-2002, 2:20 PM
Not unless you have a time machine and go back 1 year. :p
 Com Raven
03-05-2002, 3:34 PM
I am not talking football, I am talking about my huge armie of ueber-bird-zombies......
 Jan Gaarni
03-05-2002, 4:03 PM
I thought U had an army of Ewoks? :p
 Com Raven
03-05-2002, 4:17 PM
Thoe are for commando missions like stealing Hannibals x-box...:D
 Xirion
03-07-2002, 4:36 AM
hmmm i think that may be the future trend fir games look at GTA 3, cosole first then PC ages later
i dont like the idea
 Com Raven
03-07-2002, 6:46 AM
Well, GTA was a console game, so you should be happy to get it after all....

Consoles also have to wait for years for pc games...
 Rogue15
03-07-2002, 8:32 AM
Yay a real reason to get an X-Box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws him off computer chair and into the face of evi-homeschoolwork*
 Com Raven
03-07-2002, 10:43 AM
Yay, indeed very evil homework...

[slowly back of, then suddenly explodes for the door....]
 StormHammer
03-07-2002, 4:13 PM
I have to admit, I'm not happy about the Xbox before PC release schedule either. Knights is a completely different game to Galaxies, and as others have stated it's all too possible for Galaxies to get delayed. Would that push the release of Knights even further back? :eyeraise:

Regardless of official reasons...it just appears that the same thing is happening with Knights that has happened with other games due to be released on both Xbox and PC platforms...the XBox version is being released first. This strongly suggests to me that there is something written in the small-print somewhere when you sign up to deliver on X-Box, that you cannot release the game on any other platform within a certain time period. I would not put that kind of tactic past Microsoft, based on their shady dealings in the past.

Suffice it to say, as long as Knights does eventually arrive on the PC within a decent timeframe (ie, not late 2003-early 2004), I'll be happy. It's when games are simply pinched never to see the light of day on my desktop that I get really narked. :mad:

I just hope that they take real advantage of the delay in bringing it to the PC by adding more features to the game. :)
 Com Raven
03-07-2002, 5:12 PM
I don't need no additional content, I am already happy with pc'ish controls setup and according graphics options...
 StormHammer
03-07-2002, 8:06 PM
I just meant it's a bit pointless if the game is finished and sits on the shelf, and the developer's twiddle their thumbs for 6 months. :rolleyes:

If there is going to be a delay between the releases, then they should actually do something during that time, and make the PC version even better. :)
 Com Raven
03-08-2002, 6:37 AM
Well ,I for my part don't think that the pc version will be done when x-box ships....
 HaruGlory89
09-14-2003, 7:02 AM
Patience, young padawan...(Does a calm stance)

I hate it, too. I've been waiting for this since early last year:( Oh well, I hope they don't delay it again.
 sights0d
09-17-2003, 1:36 AM
Huh. I didn't know it wasn't out for the PC yet. I saw it and bought it on a whim. Well... actually the wife bought it... but I played it. I wouldn't wait. BUY IT NOW!!! Get an Xbox. It's worth it.
Page: 1 of 1