Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which is the best Star Wars Game??

Page: 1 of 2
 Dr. Evil
08-15-2001, 10:37 AM
Which is the best Star Wars Game?? :confused:

I cant wait for BG, but, i need to play a good star wars game.

Which do you think is the best of the best of the star wars video games??
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 10:40 AM
It depends on the types of games you like. Personally I like JK, rebellion and XvT. But thats just me.
BTW You might want to put the img tag in your sig, so people can see your pic :)
 Dr. Evil
08-15-2001, 10:47 AM
How do I insert a tag img???
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 10:55 AM
Check your PM, Evil :)
Is the JK expansion worth getting? It's real cheap now, should I get it? Or is it a complete waste of money?
 Clefo
08-15-2001, 10:57 AM
I like it, the Seeking Rail gun is groovey :)
 Dr. Evil
08-15-2001, 11:06 AM
Im thinking about buying Rebellion or Commander
 Ewok14
08-15-2001, 11:11 AM
MoTs Is good coz of the new force powers and the scope on the stormtrooper rifle is cool coz it can kill almost anything in one shot and the pirate missions are good
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Evil
Im thinking about buying Rebellion or Commander
Don't buy Force Commander! I hated it! Everyting sucked about it!
 Dr. Evil
08-15-2001, 11:18 AM
Can you put the name of the games without abbreviations :mad:
TY
 darthfergie
08-15-2001, 11:21 AM
I liked X-wing vs. TIE fighter and X-wing alliance. Jedi Knights is cool but for some reason I never got it. Rebellion is fun, but really hard.:D
 md1138
08-15-2001, 11:22 AM
I loved "rouge squadron". But jk/mots is also very good.
 Ewok14
08-15-2001, 11:23 AM
Sorry.A Good Game Would Be Jedi Knight it's One of the best and now you can buy it with the Mysteries of the Sith addon For Cheap i got it for Ј14.99 Off Electronics Boutique
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Evil
Can you put the name of the games without abbreviations :mad:
TY
A handy ref. guide :D
JK= Jedi knight
XvT= Xwing vs. TIE fighter
MotS = Mysteries of th Sith
FC = Force Commander
XA = X-wing alliance
 Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 11:50 AM
I like Force Commander!!!
 darthfergie
08-15-2001, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 5

Do you mind if I run away in terror at that comment.
I am so scared...
 Clefo
08-15-2001, 11:54 AM

Wraith 5, your different...

I like Jedi Knight, Rebellion, X-Wing Alliance.....
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 11:57 AM
I pity you ;)
Why do you like it?
 Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:05 PM
OK I really like all of the star wars games that i have played, and that is basicly everything but RA and RAII

Now i like FC because of the 3d camara. I think the units had good stats and the game was ballanced well.

I do think it needed a lot more work, the units moved really bad, at-at couldn't walk over trees that shouldn't stop an at-st, they could find a very good path and the units were always trying to walk over each other if you had them going thought the same path.

I like the controls for the game, all of the cammara controls were on the mouse unless you don't have a scrolling mouse then you would need to use the key board to zoom in and out. I don't like haveing to put the camara on a unit and rotate around the unit, it is a lot better to have the camara free and put it anywhere you want.

I think that if LA would have taken care of the unit moving bugs they would have a next generation game.
 darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:09 PM
OK I really like all of the star wars games that i have played, and that is basicly everything but RA and RAII

RA and RA2??? Do you mean Red Alert and Red Alert 2???:confused:
 Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:11 PM
Nope...

Rebel Assalt and Rebel Assalt II
 darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:18 PM
Nope...

Rebel Assalt and Rebel Assalt II

Oh man I used to have those games. I played them everyday because they were so awesome!!! But when it wouldn't work one my computer (2 or 3 computers ago) I let it slide.
 Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:19 PM
I heard they were really good,

But like said i have never played them befor
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 12:22 PM

I've never played RA but I have RA2...it's not too good. Playing the first time can be fun, but replay on it sucks!
 darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:23 PM

I'm not suprised they were a Dos only program and it was a pain to go through all that crap back in the day... :D
 Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 12:27 PM
shoot for xwing alliance, esp. if you have a good computer b/c the graphics come out great. the stories are good and multiplayer is even better at zone.com

JK and rogue squadron are good too, the only thing is that rogue squadron i think is not as deep as xwing alliance (not as many ships) but better graphics with that 3D accelerator enhancement.
 Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:29 PM
jay

I just have to say that the story of XWA is good untill you get to the ending, that stinks!!!
 Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 12:31 PM
yeah, okay i'll give you that. but i'm giving it the benefit of the doubt:cool:
 darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
shoot for xwing alliance, esp. if you have a good computer b/c the graphics come out great. the stories are good and multiplayer is even better at zone.com

JK and rogue squadron are good too, the only thing is that rogue squadron i think is not as deep as xwing alliance (not as many ships) but better graphics with that 3D accelerator enhancement.

I would only go for Rogue Squadron if you had the N64. If not...don't worry about it.
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 12:36 PM
Doesn't anyone play Xvs.T anymore? :(
 Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie

I would only go for Rogue Squadron if you had the N64. If not...don't worry about it.

in all honesty darth, i've played both and i still think it's better on the PC. just something about it on the console that seems weird..
 Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie

Darth what is the difference???
 Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

kvan,
i don't play it as much b/c of xwa. however, the balance of power expansion adds those storylike missions which gives it some balance. if you're down to play sometime on the zone, let me know....
 darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

I play:D
I like smashing up Stardestroyers. I don't have XA but a friend of mine does so I've played it over there. It is wierd because of all those items you get...
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

kvan,
i don't play it as much b/c of xwa. however, the balance of power expansion adds those storylike missions which gives it some balance. if you're down to play sometime on the zone, let me know....
I've never been to the zone :eek:
But I'm game to play sometime if you are :D
I only have xvt balance of power. I don't have xwa. I'll probably go out and buy it this week, if I can force myself to go out in the daylight (it burns!) ;)
Jay and Fergie maybe we can sent up a game sometime?
:)
 Worf
08-15-2001, 1:04 PM
Iv played and got every starwars game released for the pc (except starwars chess).

The top four games (in my opinion):

1: Jedi Knight/Mots
2: Xwing vs TIE Fighter (less lag online, more multiplayer missions)
3: Xwing Alliance
4: Rebellion

If your only on a 56kps, id recommend xvt for playing online, ok so you dont get so many ships to choose from and the graphics are bad but its possible to play without too much lag.

If your interested in playing any of the games for a clan, check my sig.

Worf
 Kvan
08-15-2001, 1:10 PM
Originally posted by WORF
Iv played and got every starwars game released for the pc (except starwars chess).

The top four games (in my opinion):

1: Jedi Knight/Mots
2: Xwing vs TIE Fighter (less lag online, more multiplayer missions)
3: Xwing Alliance
4: Rebellion

If your only on a 56kps, id recommend xvt for playing online, ok so you dont get so many ships to choose from and the graphics are bad but its possible to play without too much lag.

If your interested in playing any of the games for a clan, check my sig.

Worf
I never knew it was a clan site. So how good is everyone at XvT?
 Boba Rhett
08-15-2001, 2:28 PM
JK/Mots are the best. End of story.

BTW, Force Commander was a tragedy.
 FlyBOy
08-15-2001, 2:34 PM
I like X-Wing Alliance, jedi knight is my second favorite, and then rebellion. I also like the old Tie Fighter game, but my computer's all screwed up and i can't play it anymore:(
 Ewok14
08-15-2001, 2:40 PM
Here Are The Best Star Wars Games

1.JK/MoTs(MoTs really enhanced the game and good graphics since its three years old
2)Xvt(Good Dogfights)
3)Dark Forces one(The Missions are really good)
4)Focom
 FlyBOy
08-15-2001, 2:45 PM
FoCom?! are you crazy? :mad: that's the worst game (not just star wars) that i've ever played. The only cool thing about it was the little posters you got in the box when you bought the game. But, everyone is entitled to their opinions, i guess.
 Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 3:01 PM
flyboy....

Before you go yelling at people about what they post why don't you read above, because we already talked about force commander.

Also please don't say one of my favorit game sucks unless you are going to give a reason for it!!!
 Ewok14
08-15-2001, 3:21 PM
I Liked Focom coz it was one of the only La games that concentrated on the empire and i hate games that revolve around the "Goodies"
 Dr. Evil
08-15-2001, 4:37 PM
I think the JK, Rebellion and XvT are very diferent from each other.

I think ill buy Rebellion, i loved AOK and i cant wait till 2002 gor battle grouds.
But my mini-me loves action games so i dont know.

REBELLION or JEDI KNIGHT?

Thank you for your posts
 Compa_Mighty
08-15-2001, 5:44 PM
Hi Evil, the best is Shadows of the Empire, but Rogue Squadron is pretty good also.
:D
 Compa_Mighty
08-15-2001, 5:52 PM
Evil, Battlegrounds comes out Thanksgiving this year, not 2002. :xizor:
 Evaders99
08-15-2001, 7:29 PM
Rebellion anyone?

http://www.swrebellion.net)
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 7:45 PM
Rogue Squadron and Rebellion followed by X-wing vs. TIE Fighter. Thats my oppinion anyway. :D
 General Nilaar
08-15-2001, 7:54 PM
X-Wing Alliance! I just bought it last week and it's great. Needed something to tie me over until GB comes out;)

50 single-player missions, multi-play on the Zone, tons of ships, and lot's of depth. And I got it for $15. That's what I call getting my money's worth.

Only bad point is that you have to fly for the Rebels. I loved the original Tie Fighter and still have fond memories of flying for the Empire.

I was thinking of possibly picking up Rebellion after playing through XA, what's everyone's thoughts on that game? I have heard both good and bad things about it...
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 8:09 PM
Here's the lowdown on Rebellion.

1) Lots of characters, main and other (EU).
2) TONS of starships (Rebel and Imperial).
3) Manage your empire by harvesting resources and building units and buildings.
4) Send characters on missions (diplomacy, sabotage).
5) Great cinemactis, average in game graphics, below average 3D battle graphics (game switches to 3D for battles).

Over all opinion: Pretty good game. Worth buying, don't expect it to keep you entertained forever. Gets monotonous after you beat the game a couple times. DEFINATELY read the manual. Important hotkeys for battle in there!

Good Luck if you buy it! :D
 Tie Guy
08-15-2001, 8:20 PM
If you get it beware to wade through a ton of different windows and popups. And you could easily spend hours on a single game, so you gotta have patience. Also, tne manual could take hours to read too, i've read books for history class that were shorter. :D
Page: 1 of 2