Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EB jerks.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Jordus
11-12-2001, 9:43 PM
I went in to EB today, in my local mall......i kindly asked the clerk is GB was available for purchase yet.....after 15 minutes of searching the computer he finally said "are you sure this game exists?"......i got a little mad, but kept my temper in check....then i said "yes, its a star wars based game, made by Lucasarts, who siad it would be available TODAY in stores".....he went on to criticize my news source, this site and forum, and said i should pay no attention to non-official news readings.......i tried and tried explaining to him that lucasarts themselves said a Nov 12 release date.....but this guy was a persistent jerk......finally his "manager" found the game on the computer (within 3 seconds)....and told me i would be able to pick it up tommorrow....i plainly said "i beleive ill be picking it up elsewhere....perhaps babagges" (whcih is across the hall from EB)......i think i steemed them up a bit.....but if your a jerk you lose a sale.....anyway im axiiously aniticpating it....
 xwing guy
11-12-2001, 9:52 PM
Thats the way to tell it to them. Now I bet that jerk is gonna be fired.:p
 Master Yoda
11-12-2001, 9:52 PM
I would have probably done the same thing except I wouldnt have been so nice when the clerk asked if the game even exist I would have said "OF COURSE IT EXISTS YOU IDIOT IVE WAITING FOR MONTHS FOR THIS GAME!!! I got my info off the OFFICIAL LUCASARTS WEB PAGE!!!" and then when he started critizing this forumn and my news sources I would have just told him the EB sucks and that Ill buy it from a DECENT gaming store. You handled it wwwaaaaayyyy better than I would have.:D
 Jordus
11-12-2001, 9:56 PM
ill let you guys in on a small little secret.........as i was arguing with this guy....i could see behind the counter......there layed a box, open at the top.....with around 25 boxes labeled "Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrouds"..........so they have them in the store.....but cant sell them till tommorrow......gay huh?
 Master Yoda
11-12-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Jordus
ill let you guys in on a small little secret.........as i was arguing with this guy....i could see behind the counter......there layed a box, open at the top.....with around 25 boxes labeled "Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrouds"..........so they have them in the store.....but cant sell them till tommorrow......gay huh?

The asked if this game even exists and there was a box full of GBGs sitting right there?? That guy must have been a REAL air head or something(Maybe some CRAZY SW hater or somethin wierd like that).
 Link Antilles
11-12-2001, 10:01 PM
I know. At Wal-mart, in the eletronic center 85% people they hire have no clue about games.

I think Gamestop is the best place! I want to work there or at Wal-mart and show 'em a thing or two about Video games.
 hannibalscipio
11-12-2001, 10:01 PM
EB has a bunch of good games that are hard to find. But I'm starting to think they're not very customer friendly. Customer support is VERY valuable in my eyes, and I get really steamed when companies treat me bad and expect to keep my business. Sierra has done that to me, and I'm getting mad. They have virtually no customer support, that I've seen.
 Emperor Dan
11-12-2001, 10:09 PM
That's why buying online is so cool. Don't have to deal with idiots.
 Darth_Nixon42
11-13-2001, 4:34 AM
hrrrmmm,

You know EB are just as "touched in the head" here in Australia, as they sound in America.

My friend was told for a month that tony hawk 2 for n64 would be out next week. Then when he returned he was told the same thing.... even though i had seen it other stores.

I think they should recuit outside the bubbling ces-pit of brain dead monkeys, they find so easily
 duder
11-13-2001, 4:58 AM
did the guy try and sell you some star trek bollox instead? that would explain a lot... as for having the game behind the counter they always get the game in roughly 4-5 days in b4 they are able to sell it....gay....yes!
 Jedi Jester
11-13-2001, 7:16 AM
Hey all. I work at EB and I just wanna clear up a couple of things. First, yes, many of the people that work there are tools but, unless you've seen this guy there before, he was probobly just temp help for the holidays. I know in my store we are REALLY hurting for help and my store manager (to the dismay of The other Asst Mgr and myself) is ready to just about hire anyone, ugh can I tell you some stories! :mad: Second, 97% of the time we get the game the morning it comes out. My store hasn't gotten SWGB in yet (trust me, I looked ALL over) but we got in other things (mostly Gamecube stuff) that we can't sell yet. But in regards to the customer service, yes it has gone downhill. Ever since the president of the company retired a few months ago, EB has become more focused on money than customers. Personally, as an Asst. Mgr, I have become increasingly dissatisfied with the direction the company is going and hell, I may even go to "the competition" for a job :D . But for the record, they don't treat the employees that well either. Yeah, we get free games and stuff sometimes but pay wise, they blow. I've been with the company over a year now and you wanna know what my rasie was? TWENTY THREE CENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: You can't expect to keep employees caring about their job when they are paying you in monkey crap. Ok, that's my 2 cents. See you on the Battlefield!
 BlackMantis
11-13-2001, 8:26 AM
Good post. As always, all things depend on multiple factors.

~ Mantis

Page: 1 of 1