Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Never Forget

Page: 1 of 1
 Maul403
11-12-2001, 5:14 PM
Never Forget, the great heros who fought in all the conflicts, never forget Veteran's Day.

Please do not move this topic as I think that it deserves to be in all sections of this board.
 GB_StormTrooper
11-12-2001, 5:47 PM
God Bless America
 T.I.E
11-12-2001, 6:05 PM
They fought and died for the best nation on this earth from here to eternity.

Freedom here is so great all we have to worry about is when the postman is going to deliver our game copy. The free nations of the world did not get free by a roll of the dice but by the blood of their brothers, sons, daughters, husbands and wives. My prayers and thoughts go out to our protectors from the past present and future.....Thanks for your sacrifices so my wife and children can sleep through the night, while I play SWBG until my wife wakes up and makes me go to bed!!!!

God bless America, never to fall, only to rise, home of the brave and apple pies!!!

We are only as strong as our bong with our friends. Thanks to all our NATO buddies too for their people have fought and bled for their countries and ours.
 Maul403
11-12-2001, 6:06 PM
Amen
 xwing guy
11-12-2001, 10:49 PM
God bless the U.S.A.
 Zygomaticus
11-12-2001, 11:30 PM
uhmmmmmmmm
sorry if this angers any of u
but i just moved to america though i lived here when i was 2!!
i do not know why veteran's day is a holiday
what happenned on this day??????
 NightRaven
11-13-2001, 2:46 PM
"Easy Company"

Band Of Brothers has to be the best show ever to air on Television...

WWII will never cease to have an impact on life as we know it today...
 dr_death
11-13-2001, 3:18 PM
there is nothing good in war!!!

why do men beleive peace can be found in war? is it ignorance?
for thousands of years men have beleived this and put this into practice, and it dosent work!

if we did what jesus said ("love your enemies" )
there would be no war.
and as the little green man said "wars do not make one great"
 NightRaven
11-13-2001, 3:39 PM
Some things are worth fighting for. You have to prove you can fight, or otherwise others will try to over throw you.

WWII was as necessary a war is there will ever be.

Think Nazis (axis)= The Empire
Think Alies = The Rebels
 dr_death
11-13-2001, 3:45 PM
well i guess in the end it matters if you beleive in god or not.
jesus said something like the road to heaven is rought and narrow (that isnt i direct quote as i dont like to quote someone unless it is a direct quote)
also jesus was attacked many times and he didt fight back.
he could of or if he couldent other people would if he wanted it.

and if you dont beleive in god or a religion, why do you need morals?
if i wasnt a christian there wouldent be a good or bad to me, i would have no need for morals
 NightRaven
11-13-2001, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by dr_death

and if you dont beleive in god or a religion, why do you need morals?
if i wasnt a christian there wouldent be a good or bad to me, i would have no need for morals

I dont think you have to believe in god to have morals...

DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY:

I dont need a book (bible) to tell me whats right and whats wrong...

I dont not believe in god, but I wouldnt live my life for him/her regardless...
 T.I.E
11-13-2001, 8:55 PM
People People Please!!!! Lets not get off the topic as we are heading very fast with adding religion into the thread. I believe in God and Jesus as well dr_death but I think I can sum up the belief in war with one good quote:

"Render unto ceaser which is ceasers and render unto me which is mine"

They can have my body whether by bomb or by bullet or by age, but my soul belongs to God.

Anyhow lets not start a holy war or some other crap in here as this supposed to be fun and entertaining. People have free will to choose their paths in life and all we can do is give our opinion and views and let them decide for themselves. This thread is about veterans who are honored for giving their lives for our country on veterans day and memorial day as well. That is the least we can do for those who have fallen and those who have yet to fall for our homes.

And remember the one true goal? Get SWBG and kick someones butt halfway across the world you have never met and more than likelu will never meet over a cold can of mountain dew...........yummmmmm, now thats how life has been intended to be lived. Now whos with me?
 xwing guy
11-13-2001, 9:30 PM
I'm with ya.:)

Dr. Death, if war is bad then why did God let King David win all those battles then? Also, anything worth having is worth fighting for I believe, but with your ideas Dr. Death then you shouldn't have anything. :D
Page: 1 of 1