Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Zak McKracken 2. Anyone knows what happened?

Page: 1 of 1
 jannar85
02-24-2002, 6:43 PM
Damn! It looked rather good, and the music was good.
Does anyone know what happened to them when Adventuregamer moved? It has been down by then...

Anyone still staying in touch with the folks working on it? :confused:

Hope so... :(
 Trapezoid
02-24-2002, 9:54 PM
 The Adventurer
02-24-2002, 11:54 PM
That is cool. to bad the original got caned. But this one looks to be on the fast track.
 Metallus
02-25-2002, 12:13 AM
I'm sort of ashamed to admit that I haven't played the original Zak. I also have yet to play Loom and Indy Jones and the Last Crusade. Perhaps I'll break down and buy that classics pack if it's still around one of these days.
 jannar85
02-25-2002, 4:53 AM
I don't mean the new one:(
I meant the old one... They never released any news about it being shut down...

Hm... Come to think about it... Maybe LucasArts bougth their idea and are working on it right now!!! :D

I really recommend you Zak, Loom and Indiana Jones ATLC Metallus;)

I think you still can find them at ebay or amazon...
And if I have right, then LucasArts are selling it again -- for a very low price:D
 elTee
02-25-2002, 10:14 AM
Yeah, LucasArts are still sellin em to US citizens. Its a pack with Maniac, Zak, Loom, Indy and Monkey 1. I managed to get myself a copy, but it doesn't have the audio drama. The monkey iand is cool cos you dont need the dial-a-pirate wheel. Maniac Mansion has improved graphics, and Indy and Loom have a MIDI soundtrack. There is a hefty mother of a manual too, with walkthroughs for all the games. They are all done as a novel in the first person, ie. I opened the door etc. The Monkey Island one is cool, so's Loom. All in all a good deal at $20.
Page: 1 of 1