Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LucasArts Land

Page: 1 of 1
 elTee
02-23-2002, 3:25 PM
I've always wanted this place to exist. Let me tell you what I already know about it, and then you can add ideas of your own.

A LucasArts based theme park.
Like most theme parks, it is split up into different 'lands' within the park. In LucasArts Land, it could have 'The Land of the Dead' *(premier attraction, the number 9), 'The Caribbean' (premier attractions, the madly rotating bucanneer and LeChucks Rollercoaster of Death), The Edison Mansion (premier attraction, the chron-o-john), Cocytus (premier attraction, underwater shuttles), Corley Motors Experience (premier attraction, biker chase) etc etc. Oh, and of course, ALL THE MERCHANDISE!!!
If people think that people won't want to go because they know nothing about the theme of the theme park, then they're wrong. 9 out of 10 people go to theme parks because of the RIDES. And LucasArts Land would have plenty - and goodn's too. I mean, I've been to Disneyland, and the first time I went I didn't much like Disney. Now, I love 'em. Maybe the theme park would make enough people interested in the games that movies might be made.
 Trapezoid
02-23-2002, 6:57 PM
Well, suppose there was just a general Lucas themepark? It would be mostly Star Wars, but maybe with luck there would be a few LucasArts attractions.
 BooJaka14m
02-24-2002, 6:11 AM
I don't think it would be mostly Star Wars but a fair chunk of it would be.
 Deepthought2k
02-24-2002, 6:21 AM
but don't Disney already do Starwars and Indiana Jones rides? Namely 'Star Tours' and the Indiana Jones 'Temple of Peril' ride.
 Trapezoid
02-24-2002, 11:34 AM
Yeah. So maybe Disney will open up a LucasLand.
 elTee
02-24-2002, 3:30 PM
Actually, I think that the Indy and Star Wars attractions are only at Disney because you can't open a theme park with two rides, and George Lucas needs all his money to make Star Wars so couldn't afford a whole theme park. I mean, its George Lucas - if he thought he could make a profit from it he'd have patented it before you could say 'chewbacca.' He'd really get pissed if Disney started taking handfuls of his profits. That said, the only game I know George Lucas came up with was the Phantom Menace one, and the less said about that the better. Maybe he thought up some others too, but probably not.
 QueZTone
02-28-2002, 9:00 AM
this rules woah like you were talking about it with the Land of the Dead, The Caribbean, Corley Motors thingie. It sounds like a real nice dream. Yeah I'd love a Lucas(Arts) Theme Park :) But then again I like anything Lucas :)
 JackTheGaffer
02-28-2002, 2:29 PM
Dont forget the Tunnle of Love from Sam & Max.
 Metallus
02-28-2002, 3:13 PM
Mustn't forget "THE MANSION".
 Deepthought2k
02-28-2002, 3:37 PM
Lest not also forget 'The MYSTERY VORTEX'
 DODSalesManager
03-01-2002, 12:28 AM
Here's my idea for LucasArts Land (modeled after Disneyland)

Main Gate/Ticket Booths: the giant monkey head, of course!

Main Street: For this, i imagine it would be Puerto Pollo featuring the special attraction, Great Moments With Mr. Lucas. Shops and little restaraunts aplenty (the Barbery Coast would be the main gift store)

Fronteirland/Adventureland: the name for this land would be Monkey Island. Attractions are as follows:
-Herman Toothrot's Monkey Treehouse
-Island Cruise (tour the island! Watch out for the Cannibals!)
-Pirates of the Tri-Island Area
-Guybrush Threepwood: Temple of the Forbidden Monkey
-First Church of LeChuck (Haunted Mansion)
-Dinky Island (Tom Sawyer's island)
Tomorrowland: this would be Cocytus and Star Wars of course, attractions:
-Journey to the Asteroid (Mission to Mars)
-Monorail system would be the transportation orbs
-Podracers (either Autopia or the stupid Rocket Rods)
-Different Star Tours places (Hoth, Naboo, Tatooine, etc)
Fantasyland: either El Marrow or Rubacava, attractions:
-Bonewagon through the Petrified Forest (Matterhorn)
-Manny in the Edge of the World (Alice in Wonderland)
-Glottis' Treepump Spin
-the train that circles the park would be the Number 9
-Bird's View of Rubacava (Storybook Land)
-Its A Four Year Journey (Small World)
Those are my ideas, now i really want them to build a park, LoL!
Your pal,
DOD
 QueZTone
03-01-2002, 7:56 AM
cool hehe nice discription. Though I miss good Indy, DOTT, SamMax, Outlaws and Throttle stuff :)
 elTee
03-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Wow, man thats detailed. Nice 1!!
 Schmatz
03-04-2002, 4:16 PM
I think the Mystery Vortex would fit a lot better for the Alice in Wonderland Ride, or that old Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Autoban: Full Throttle Motorcycles (Throttle)

The Peter Pan Ride: Bernard's Chron-o-John (rides over main places in DOTT, etc.)

Outlaws would make a great replacement for the Hooptie Doo Review, in one way or another :rolleyes: .

I think having a guy dress up as Bobbin Threadbare and have this little island in the water, and do the fireworks show and him running around the small island playing music where stuff will happen (like go to the north side and when playing something flames rise, etc.)

Indy keeps his old stuff heh

Heh, and for the Presidents thing like they have at DWD, just have one animatronic Simon Jeffery.
 QueZTone
03-05-2002, 3:56 AM
yeah :) great addition Schmatz, like it! :)

Now if only they would realise this..wouldn't the world be ALMOST perfect? :)
 Schmatz
03-05-2002, 6:41 PM
It WOULD be perfect with people dressed up as characters, so I can get a picture with Sam and have Max knawing at my shin :D
 Yoha
03-05-2002, 8:34 PM
:eek:
don't forget the lava log flume of death!
 elTee
03-06-2002, 3:52 AM
I wonder if they'd push the boat out and have LeChuck's beard actually on fire. That'd be kinda wierd, but it'd be a helluva picture. I think it'd be great to see Glottis walking around the place as well.
 xo3k
03-06-2002, 11:18 AM
I just want to see the studio tour. I can see it now animatronic programmers eternally punching in code drinking jolt and week old “grogg.” Weaving in and out of cubicles in that trolley car. Finally George Lucas lunges out of the water frightening all the kids.

Oh yes and free arcades for showing off classic and future games! Disney’s got it it’s called Disney quest (best 11 hours of my life).

:newbie:
wheres the damn george lucas smilie
 Schmatz
03-06-2002, 1:49 PM
The studio tour is at Universal Studios, not Disnay, but that sounds just as good of an idea. I think Max riding a crocodile from the golf part of Sam and Max would be great instead of Jaws.
 Huz
03-06-2002, 4:21 PM
As it happens, EuroDisney are launching some kind of "Disney Studios" thing, possibly to make up for the rest of the park being rubbish.
 QueZTone
03-07-2002, 12:55 PM
its Disneyland Paris for over 5 years already or so. And i just recently got a magazine from them, they let me know Disney Studios was complete. It hasn't really anything special. I expected some cool Toy Story stuff or smth. It's only new rides/rollercoasters etc. Nothing special

Disneyland Paris is the best themepark ive been to tho, i love the atmosphere and didnt find it at all boring (been there twice). I bought my indy fedora there, yeeeehaw i love it! :D

i guess DP sucks compared to Disneyland Florida tho hehe =]
 Schmatz
03-07-2002, 3:41 PM
Since I live in America, I have been to Disneyland in California 2 times and Disney World in Flordia like a million times heh. So, two summers ago my family went to Disneyland Paris to try a new Disney. It was way more crowded than any Disney theme park I had been to (considering the small number of hotels) and I ate dinner outside the park at that little joint right next to Disneyland Paris, and we went to a place called "Billy Bob's Western Buffet" or something like that. Well, never eat any food from "Billy Bob" because my dad and I had the chicken, and when we left Disneyland and went to Paris, we got salmanella poisoning and we, let's say, occupied the bathroom most of the day. We didn't even get to see Paris at all :(. Oh well. And that's why I will never go to Disneyland Paris again. ;)
 Huz
03-07-2002, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by QueZTone
its Disneyland Paris for over 5 years already or so...
I think they renamed it because the name "EuroDisney" had become associated with badness. As I still associate the park with badness, I still call it by its old name. I'm a bit mad like that.

Disneyland Paris is the best themepark ive been to tho, i love the atmosphere and didnt find it at all boring (been there twice). I bought my indy fedora there, yeeeehaw i love it! :D
Hmm. I went there very soon after it opened. I remember a few things:

Star Tours was good. The rest of the park was rubbish.

Bottled water cost Ј1 (this is rather exorbitant).

You were not allowed to bring your own water onto the premises.

If you went into the toilets, all the sinks were taken up by people refilling their bottles of water.

I feel the water issue has a deep significance and proves once and for all that even Gulliver's World and Camelot are better than "Disneyland Paris".
 elTee
03-08-2002, 6:51 AM
Remember Euro Itchy and Scratchy Land? Stationment Itchy!!
Ahem.
Anyway, I've been to the florida Disneyland twice, and its great. I went to the Indy shop, and the fedoras were about $60. The leather jackets were about $250, so I didn't bother. Wish I had done now... they had whips too, but that'd never have got through customs.
 Huz
03-08-2002, 1:16 PM
"'Allo! Euro Itchy and Scratch Land is open for business! 'Allo! You can't resist forever! I need wine to feed to my children!"
 Gabez
03-08-2002, 2:19 PM
Tee... Poor French people!
 elTee
03-08-2002, 3:52 PM
I wonder why no-one ever mentions the one in Tokyo.
 Huz
03-08-2002, 5:55 PM
There are scary monsters in Tokyo.
 Darnn
03-09-2002, 2:41 AM
Like the one in Gabez's avatar? Or like the one in yours?
 Metallus
03-09-2002, 2:48 AM
 Huz
03-09-2002, 10:00 AM
My avatar is neither scary nor a monster, just misunderstood and a little depressed.
 Darnn
03-09-2002, 11:55 AM
If you tell me that that's a paranoid android, I will personally track your thirty-year-old ass down, going through all of England. and tell you off severely.

Now, really, what is it? I'm sure it's some something from a TV show I've never had a chance to watch.
 Huz
03-09-2002, 1:00 PM
[I replied to this message before but my reply never got through due to LucasForums being a skank, so if this post seems particularly low-quality it's just because I can't be bothered to type it all out again.]

The avatar is Marvin, the "rather depressed robot" (I hope a collection of synonyms gets me off the hook!) from the BBC TV series of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You can find everything you ever wanted to know about him, including where I found his image, at the BBC site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/guide/marvin.shtml) which is actually very good!

You can find more "stuff" about him here (http://www.paranoid.android.mcmail.com/marvin.html), although you should avert your gaze from some of the words on this page or you might fly into an indescribable rage.
 elTee
03-09-2002, 2:00 PM
Well, back to the topic...

I think it would be really cool if they had a big shop in the middle of the park, which sold special editions of all the games. Each one would have original box art for each new year, making each one more individual. The original art would never be reproduced though, as it would cease to be collectible :D
 Gabez
03-09-2002, 2:18 PM
Well, back off the topic...

My avatar picture is of a newt. Drawn by me. And it's only a tiny part of a much larger version...
 Schmatz
03-09-2002, 7:46 PM
Originally posted by LucasTones
Well, back to the topic...

I think it would be really cool if they had a big shop in the middle of the park, which sold special editions of all the games. Each one would have original box art for each new year, making each one more individual. The original art would never be reproduced though, as it would cease to be collectible :D

I think they should make the games in those tin boxes, like Quake III Arena came in... that would be really nice.

As for Met's image, that's my view of Disneyland Tokyo... you can't escape without being gnawed at or stomped on.
(No, I have never been there, and after Paris, I will make sure I never go there)
 elTee
03-11-2002, 10:31 AM
Knowing the Japanese the guy in the Mickey suit will keep trying to look up the high school girls skirts.
 Schmatz
03-11-2002, 10:24 PM
No... knowing Japan the Mickey Mouse costume would have a buldge in the pants, and slits for eyes.
 Darnn
03-12-2002, 9:34 AM
Huh. So that's Marvin. I've always wondered what the show looked like... I feel it's rather poor-looking, avtually. The book deserves much better, anyway.
And I've always thought your avatar was from some cheap, obscure seventies Transormers-like show.
 Huz
03-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Darnn
Huh. So that's Marvin. I've always wondered what the show looked like... I feel it's rather poor-lookingIt was a BBC production, what do you expect? ;) BBC sci-fi shows and money go together like Monkey Island 4 and good box art, and therein lies the charm!

Mediocre (and very 80s) special effects or not, the TV series was very enjoyable and introduced me to HHGG, so I'm grateful to it!
 Yoha
03-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Arthur and Ford actually looked exactly like I thought they would while I was reading the books. Oh, and Zaphod too...
 Darnn
03-13-2002, 10:34 AM
When I first read the book I was thirteen, so I imagined Zaphod as Jim Carey (it seems they were trying to cast him for the movie, acually, which is rather strange, since he's American), and Arthur as Hugh Grant. My knowledge of English actors was quite limited.
In fact, I sucked.
 Yoha
03-13-2002, 11:38 AM
I can relate... I read the books long ago but didn't see the BBC movie until last year...
It's worth checking out though, if you have time on your hands.
 Darnn
03-14-2002, 8:45 AM
Yes, and I'd need money too, wouldn't I?
 Huz
03-14-2002, 11:12 AM
I posted a really good reply yesterday, but apparently the server spent too much time admiring it and not enough time adding it to the database.

Anyway, the gist of it was this:

1) Jim Carey as Zaphod = worst idea ever
2) TV series = out on Region 2 DVD. Very good. Americans will have trouble watching. Ha ha.
 Yoha
03-14-2002, 12:19 PM
er... yes, I suppose you would need money...
.....or wealthy friends.
 Darnn
03-15-2002, 5:50 AM
To start with, I'd need a DVD.
I'm sure there must be low-quality versions of the things floating around the internet, but I'm not going to waste precious hours of net-time downloaing huge files when I could just put the thing on my list of Things To Buy In A Couple Of Years.
 Yoha
03-15-2002, 7:20 AM
ahh...

well if i had it, i'd send it to ya, but my backstabbing roommate from last year took it home with her, never to be seen again. :mad:
Page: 1 of 1