Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the eagle has landed

Page: 1 of 1
 porkins14
11-10-2001, 4:49 PM
I am playing the game right now!!!!!
 darthfergie
11-10-2001, 4:52 PM
I'll give you one minute to post why this isn't spam or why it doesn't belong in another forum...
 Compa_Mighty
11-10-2001, 4:52 PM
You mean the demo, don't you?
 Clefo
11-10-2001, 4:53 PM
You live near LEC don't ya? Here let me put my hands around your neck and SQUEEEZE! HAHAHAHAH

Ahem.. Sorry about that. I just think I have to wait till Monday
 Kudar
11-10-2001, 4:54 PM
me oozes with jealousy that I have to wait for another 2 weeks :(
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-10-2001, 4:55 PM
First of all I haven't landed yet, second I need you to send me a recorded game or screenshots of a battle between anyone else than the rebels or imperials to make me believe you.

Official release dat is 11/12. Live with it.
 darthfergie
11-10-2001, 4:56 PM
THE FULL GAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:eek:
Or do you mean the demo...Porkins???

TELL NOW!!!
 LordQuiGonJinn
11-10-2001, 5:29 PM
yea i bet he is playing the FULL Version here at the reasons

LEC is in California so is the LA Store

he preordered from the LA store like me with free shipping and all

They sent it out Priority mail thrusday or friday

he lives in CA, which means it could get there Today since mail comes on Saturday

Congrates Porkins! my fellow Clansmen
 Paladin
11-10-2001, 5:38 PM
WoW! I hope he postes again soon! Although, when i get the game i wont post here for awhile.
 Lord Tirion
11-10-2001, 5:57 PM
Porkins and I are in a MSN Messenger chat (because he applied for Nexsis) and was nice enough to give me a screenshot of his first official FULL game =) It was of the Trade Fed marching through and over green hills. He has to go very soon so cant play much until later. He told me of the opening cinematics and from what he said, he said they were killer. He also said the graphics were great.
 xwing guy
11-10-2001, 6:09 PM
Are the graphics better on the full version than they are on the demo?
 Eets
11-10-2001, 6:24 PM
See for yourself, here is the screenshot Porkins sent Tirion:

http://tjc.netfirms.com/images/scr000.gif)
 dr_death
11-10-2001, 6:25 PM
tell us about every senario editor object, can you change units hit points and name?
 Paladin
11-10-2001, 6:56 PM
WOW! THE UNITS ARE MUCH BIGGER. AWESOME SCREEN. THANK YOU!
 Lord JayVizIon
11-10-2001, 6:57 PM
i have to agree with fergie, porkins. that is considered spamming, so it would be better than putting your thoughts, ideas, feelings about gameplay, the scenario editor, etc. to add something to the conversation.

however, congrats on getting it. i know how you feel. if i remember you live in concord, ca. i'm up in san fran, which is 25-30 minutes from one of lucasarts HQ's in northern cali. anyhow, i'll add my comments tomorrow on this matter about the game itself. i need to hit up some parties tonite!
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-10-2001, 7:19 PM
Well, the game did ship recently, so okay, it may make sense.

I'm sceptical by nature (remember me on the day before the demo release date ;)), but I believe you.

PS: Is that screenshot from a campaign? Because I'm 90% sure I've seen a screenshot that looked like it.. with the road and that flag.. First TF mission?
 Dvlos
11-10-2001, 8:05 PM
Spoot, I just arrived at my destination, you guys as you get it post as much about it!!!! I wont get to play it until I get back to Orlando on the 19th!!!!
 isthisfor_real
11-10-2001, 8:10 PM
This is not spam if anything it is a spam not spamming. Whats with a mod threatning to give someone one minute to say this isnt a spam? Ill take up for porky on one thing and he is not a spammer this is just one post. If you look at his other 200 Id would say 97% of them contain to a subject and are not a couple of one-liners *cough* fergie *cough*.

If you want posters on the forum Id consider you lighten up or you will be just posting by yourself. Dont go around and give everyone super wedgies because you can.

Id like to say I like the new rules and its about time but its not the rules that matter its how they are enforced like a cop wont pull you over for going over the speed but he will pull you over for how fast you are going over the speed limit. Jeez I thought these rules wouldnt be enforced too.
 Zygomaticus
11-10-2001, 8:22 PM
the destroyer droids look sweet
i live in california too
i hope it comes to stores by monday
if i get it on monday its a holiday for me on monday and i amgoing to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
 DarkTrooper
11-10-2001, 8:39 PM
i doubt he will on here for a while since he is playin:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:

p.s. viper will prob get it tommorow
 GL_Raptor
11-10-2001, 9:17 PM
I really don't think that a post with 20 replys could be considered spam. It led to the posting of a new screenshot and the information that some people were already playing the game. It also caused everyone who doesn't live in CA to instantly hate and envy everyone who does :)
 T.I.E
11-11-2001, 11:36 AM
Thats why California always gets earthquakes, I am trying to get Lucasarts to relocate to Minnesota!!!! Just kidding, my wife wont let me use my superpowers for evil only grocery shopping....hehehe.

I had to wait 9 months for my kids, and now I have to wait another bloomin week for my game. I am very happy about one thing though......I am gald I am an American!!!! We get all the cool stuff first, but the other people of the world get way better shows on TV!!!!
 dlayers
11-11-2001, 2:30 PM
Agree Raptor...

I think you spam cops need to relax a little. It's pretty significant that this guy has the game like 2-3 days before the rest of us :)

Lets remember that this is a place for open conversation, and if he warrants being warned for spam i think you should use private messages rather than posting on the boards about it.
 Tie Guy
11-11-2001, 3:14 PM
Was that screen shot in the highest resolution? I sure hope not, cause it didn't look to great, and the untis were HUGE.
 Paladin
11-11-2001, 6:31 PM
I agree with dlayers and Raptor.
I am sure anyone on the forum who got the game first would have posted about it. Who wouldn't? We werent talking about the game for 3 months for nothing!:(
 LordQuiGonJinn
11-11-2001, 10:48 PM
yea really, people want to know information about GB, why deny the public? i think it'd be spamming if no one wanted to hear about it but everyone wants to know about the full version
 darthfergie
11-11-2001, 11:01 PM
Okay people this is his first post...
I am playing the game right now!!!!!

I naturally thought he was talking about the demo and I was going to move it to Online Hosting/Playing...And then Tirion explains that Tirion go a screen from the full game from Porkins...

I posted my remark at 2:52 pm (my time) and it was explained by Tirion at 3:57 PM (my time) Over an hour before this thread was explained...no comment exept for that one post by Tirion until an HOUR later...

I was not in the wrong to post that remark at all...
 isthisfor_real
11-11-2001, 11:14 PM
His first post was the eagle has landed and I am playing it right now. You should not have jumped all over him saying that it is spam and you'll give him a minute to respond. A mod duty is not to threatin and if you thought it was spam then you could of just moved it and not used your choice of words.

Also lets think about this if a person who smokes tells someone else not to smoke is there not a slight offensive taken there.

Now, if a spammer ..........................
 Boba Rhett
11-11-2001, 11:19 PM
So you expected fergie to magically know what he was talking about and that he was going to post a reply talking more about it? :rolleyes:

Fergie may have been a tad harsh in his wording but he did the right thing.
 isthisfor_real
11-11-2001, 11:33 PM
Ok now Rhett Ill give you a minute to tell me why the **** you think you have the right to talk to me.

"Give you a minute" is always used in an *threatning* authoritive manner.

School bully: Ill give you a minute to get your lunch money

That is not the kind of enviroment a moderator should be setting. Now Im not saying he is a school bully that is just a way the wording can be interpreted.

Also that night Fergie made a post every 2 minutes last night that could be interpreted as spam because very few pretained to anything so what I have to say is live by your own rules if your going to play spam cop.

What he did right

If he *thought* it was spam he was right in trying to do something about it

What he did wrong

-poor judgement in his approach
-to go off and spam on his own
 Jedi_Knight
11-11-2001, 11:44 PM
yay go isthisfor_real fight back;)
 isthisfor_real
11-11-2001, 11:56 PM
Im gonna get kicked for for this :(
They have a record on me with two threads that got closed! Even though they were done to get good results like this if moderating is going to be this bad then moderating needs to be improved
 Zygomaticus
11-12-2001, 12:08 AM
having two closed threads isnt the point
making posts like this gets u banned
the thread may sometimes be closed even due to someone elses fault
it probably wasnt your fault
 Darth_Rommel
11-12-2001, 12:12 AM
Why? Why woulf he get banned for this? There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind, especially if it'll help improve these forums! :)
 ZeroXcape
11-12-2001, 12:55 AM
I can't really decipher what isthisfor_real is trying to say. That's probably why people are skimming over his posts and ignoring them.

If you want people to take you seriously: try completing sentences.
 Young David
11-12-2001, 3:31 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Was that screen shot in the highest resolution? I sure hope not, cause it didn't look to great, and the untis were HUGE.

If you right klick the image and look at it's resolution You'll see it's 800x600 ...

So ... not to worry
 GB_StormTrooper
11-12-2001, 5:57 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

If you wanna see a HUGE unit, tell me how to save screenshots and ill post an AT-AT for you. Those things are f***** HUGE!!!!:atat:

YAY!! Its my 60th post!!:D
 CM Enforcer
11-12-2001, 6:10 AM
I live in the UK and have to wait till friday!

I've also been told that the game is available to download off-of some warez sites already! Apparently is 2CD's one Install and one Game disc.
 duder
11-12-2001, 6:21 AM
Apparently we in the Uk are gonna have to wait a furthur week that that im afraid!
 GB_StormTrooper
11-12-2001, 6:21 AM
Originally posted by CM Enforcer
I live in the UK and have to wait till friday!

I've also been told that the game is available to download off-of some warez sites already! Apparently is 2CD's one Install and one Game disc.

Yea, the game has 2 CD's on for install and the other for playing. I dont get it with the warez web sites, they dont work for me. Always adds popping up and whenever i click on d/l it either says, page cannot be displayed or more pop ups occur:mad:
 duder
11-12-2001, 6:27 AM
Star Wars - Galactic Battleground 23/11/2001 Ј29.99

i just got this info off electronic boutiques website....lifes a *****
 Paragon_Leon
11-12-2001, 6:32 AM
I pre-ordered it and should get it either thursday or friday..

oh, the agony...

second, drop the 'was-it-spam-or-not' issue, people.. keep this thread focussed on what it's really about.
 WC_heavyarms
11-12-2001, 6:35 AM
DONG!!!!!!! SpAMMER DONG!!!!
 isthisfor_real
11-12-2001, 3:58 PM
I can't really decipher what isthisfor_real is trying to say. That's probably why people are skimming over his posts and ignoring them.

If you want people to take you seriously: try completing sentences. ----posted by ZeroXcape

What!?

Let me assure you that I do not type what is the first thing off the top of head and also that you do not know what you are talking about.

Now I have written a 20 page essay on the effect that gravitational forces and common resistances have on our everyday lives, a 20 page essay on bacteria that cause infectious diseases, and a 15 page essay on how human life would be different on each planet in our solar system which took so much research it had lasted 3/4 of a semester. Now what are your creditdentails to judge my writing.

Ok...now in regards for my grammer in my previous post......The mods posted arguments last night after reading them I wanted a quick reply from the mods and I typed what was off the top of my head this time. My post may not be easy for you to read but each paragraph or in some cases sentence has a thought to it which uses rationality to dispute my point.

On a casual forum there are very few things you should do with grammer: capitlize, periods, seperate different thoughts into paragraphs.

If you are going to go around and be a grammer checker you to should live by your own rules because in two sentences you made a gramatical errors.

"try completing sentences" is not even a complete sentence because it has a verb but it has no subject. In other words who should try to complete sentences. Now if your going to tell me you were stating reason with the : then you need more than one reason which you do not have for it to be gramatically correct

On a personal note, I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I never use to like writing and I would even tell my teachers this in class but as I got into college I began to take pride in my writing and even enjoy it. Nothing stabbed me harder on any forum anywhere than your post did to me. Because, I have taken so much pride in my writing lately I guess it was just a matter of time for my pride to get shoot down. All I want to say to you and I DO want to say more is that I have not enjoyed writing this reply very much and that you have soured a very good day for me.
Page: 1 of 1