Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The secret of Mojo

Page: 1 of 1
 JBRAA
02-06-2002, 2:02 PM
I found this little easter-egg on Mixnmojo.com

here's a hint...
"LF Net has more than meets the eye"

here's a spoiler...
This pic (http://www.mixnmojo.com/imagesdefault/lfnbannerbutton.gif) will after 100 seconds show LucasArts' president Simon Jeffery making a funny face.

Was I the first who discovered this?

And who is the creator of this neat little thing?
 Darnn
02-06-2002, 2:23 PM
 Metallus
02-06-2002, 2:51 PM
ENNNNNNGGHH!@!1

That is all.
 Spaff
02-06-2002, 8:00 PM
i can't believe simon wouldn't make the noise when i asked him!!
:(

http://animutation.mixnmojo.com/mp3/Simon.mp3)
 QueZTone
02-07-2002, 6:50 AM
hehehe, importing the gif into flash did wonders ;) i was quite...unpatiently so i didnt want to sit around a wait for such a while ;)
 Gabez
02-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Heh, I can remember seeing that "secret" shortly after Mojo re-opened. It was pure luck, and I didn't realise at the time that it was so rare to see it. But anyway, about that Simon.mp3... Is it just me, or does Simon sound British!? I thought he was American! It might've just been my dodgy computer which makes everyone sound the same, though.
 MrManager
02-07-2002, 12:54 PM
He is indeed British.
 Trapezoid
02-08-2002, 5:50 PM
My little Simon creature is an word famous icon, he is.
 Darnn
02-09-2002, 11:32 AM
Alright, now, you obviously did this on purpose, so please explain it to me... What sense does "an word famous" make, assuming that the second word is 'world'?
I mean, sure, I missed the lesson in school about 'a' and 'an', and never bothered making it up, but that's because I knew everything there was to know... 'A' before a consonant, 'an' before a vowel.
Am I wrong here?
 Trapezoid
02-09-2002, 8:10 PM
*punches Darnn in the face*
I meant "a world" and you know it!
 Meksilon
02-09-2002, 8:10 PM
Originally posted by Darnn
'A' before a consonant, 'an' before a vowel.
Am I wrong here? Yes, you forgot H! IE: an historic moment.

Of course H dosen't always use an, sometimes it uses a.

=mek=
 Trapezoid
02-09-2002, 8:18 PM
Originally posted by Meksilon
Yes, you forgot H! IE: an historic moment.

Of course H dosen't always use an, sometimes it uses a.

=mek=

"Historic" doesn't sound right with a silent H. "Istoric"...
"Herb" sounds fine with the silent H though. "An herb!"
 Meksilon
02-09-2002, 8:34 PM
Trap, that example came straight out of the dictionary!!

=mek=
 Metallus
02-10-2002, 1:39 AM
Ah, looks like we've found an example of something changing depending on a regional accent. "An Historic" wouldn't sound right in America, but add an Australian accent to it.
 Trapezoid
02-10-2002, 8:13 AM
Oh yeah-- I guess the American accent pronounces the H a little more consistantly than English and Australian accents. What the deal with the "'erb / herb" thing, though? Maybe that's just personal preference, I think I've heard Americans pronounce the H.
 Prinity
02-10-2002, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by Trapezoid
Oh yeah-- I guess the American accent pronounces the H a little more consistantly than English and Australian accents. What the deal with the "'erb / herb" thing, though? Maybe that's just personal preference, I think I've heard Americans pronounce the H.

Yeah, and it's wrong. I don't know why, though. And I've heard people pronounce 'h' as 'y', as in yuman. Very weird.
 Darnn
02-10-2002, 9:49 AM
Originally posted by Trapezoid
*punches Darnn in the face*
I meant "a world" and you know it!

Actually, I honestly didn't. I've seen people do these seemingly random things for so long, I've begun wondering... I just, erm, took it out on you, or something.
:deathii: (This has no relevance whatsoever.)
 MeddlingMonk
02-10-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Prinity
Yeah, and it's wrong. I don't know why, though. And I've heard people pronounce 'h' as 'y', as in yuman. Very weird.

You want weird? Try the people who say 'warsh' and 'Warshington' rather than 'wash' and 'Washington'. Where's the sense in that?
 Huz
02-10-2002, 11:04 AM
And what about those crazies who say "Morse-cow" for Moscow? It all sounds like some kind of strange American conspiracy to say things as wrongly as they write them to me...
 Prinity
02-10-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk

You want weird? Try the people who say 'warsh' and 'Warshington' rather than 'wash' and 'Washington'. Where's the sense in that?

And "The car needs warshed," "Let it alone," "Leave it go," and using "whenever" instead of "when". That drives me nuts.
 Trapezoid
02-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Maybe it's Canada. They pronounce tons of stuff wrong.
 ptdc
02-10-2002, 11:51 AM
I blame people like loyd grossman (note wrongly spelt lloyd!)
 Schmatz
02-12-2002, 6:00 PM
Well, that was interesting indeed
 ptdc
02-12-2002, 9:02 PM
Tedious is nearer the mark.
 raVen_image
02-13-2002, 9:17 AM
Originally posted by Metallus
Ah, looks like we've found an example of something changing depending on a regional accent. "An Historic" wouldn't sound right in America, but add an Australian accent to it.
Native Californian--> I've always said "an historic" rather than "a historic", but I think that either is acceptable in English.

It gets tricky when dealing with acronyms:
You would say, "A Monkey Island Game"... but you would also say, "An MI game"... because the pronunciation of the letter "M" is "EM", howerver, if you type "An MI game", I think it's incorrect. It should appear in text as "A MI game"...

...but I'm not sure of this
 Lemon Head
02-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Raven, that acronym problem had plagued me with sleepless nights and endless crossings out on essay before i finally asked my English teacher what the hell was going on.

According to him the pronunciation of the letter is irrelevant, it is the actual word which makes the difference. So to set your mind at rest, it would be "a MI game" - sounds lame doesn't it?
 MrManager
02-13-2002, 1:16 PM
According to the Associated Press' grammar rules "an MI game" is right, because of the "EMM" sound. With that said, press grammar can vary from standard rules, so I'm guessing both are correct.
 elTee
02-13-2002, 2:40 PM
I'M NOT RACIST!! But, the correct pronunciation of almost all words on this forum can only be perfected by those who are ENGLISH. Thats why its called QUEENS ENGLISH. Hey, the biggest clue is in the name - English.
(I really love Australians, and Americans. I know a few Canadians but I'd hate to live there.)
ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT RACIST!! PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME!!
 Prinity
02-13-2002, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by LucasTones
I'M NOT RACIST!! But, the correct pronunciation of almost all words on this forum can only be perfected by those who are ENGLISH. Thats why its called QUEENS ENGLISH. Hey, the biggest clue is in the name - English.
(I really love Australians, and Americans. I know a few Canadians but I'd hate to live there.)
ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT RACIST!! PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME!!

Aren't there approximately 384 different English English pronounciations?
 Jake
02-13-2002, 5:09 PM
Only the original English counts. All others are retarded, incorrect, and void. They are not the English language.

*goes back to playing 'Adventure' on the university computer lab basement*
 Trapezoid
02-13-2002, 5:16 PM
Yeah right. You psycho English fools call Trapezoids "trapeziums". WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
 ptdc
02-13-2002, 6:14 PM
At least we speak our own original language!!!!!
 Prinity
02-13-2002, 6:23 PM
Originally posted by PTDC
At least we speak our own original language!!!!!

No you don't! English is a hash of Germanic languages and a whole bunch of other romance languages originally taken from Latin and with lots of words taken from other languages thrown in.
 Metallus
02-13-2002, 6:31 PM
Mmmm, flamebait.
 ptdc
02-13-2002, 7:17 PM
Well at least we speak a language named after our country!
 Metallus
02-13-2002, 7:34 PM
You're acting like the United States STOLE a language from you personally. That's just not the way to go about it PT. If I shared your same mentality, I'd be blaming you personally for persecuting pilgrims or something--which I'm not, so chill out, and get back to talking about whatever the hell this thread is about or I'll lock it.
 ptdc
02-13-2002, 8:06 PM
I'm sorry It's just I traded the English language for a mule and a handful of magic beans in 19****ety2. I'll be good :)
 ptdc
02-13-2002, 8:10 PM
Hmmm, that's odd, the word censor thingy censored part of a perfectly innocent word! What was this thread about anyway?
 Darnn
02-14-2002, 1:31 AM
Met, I don't think he was being as serious as all that.
And PT, when you write four asterisks in the middle of a perfectly innocent word, the censorship thingy censors them.
Stupid computers.
 Metallus
02-14-2002, 2:54 AM
Apologies to PT for focusing the spotlight on his actions specifically. I was mostly mad at the rediculous argument being waged that was dragging this thread down, while at the same time giving it unnaturally long life.
 Darnn
02-14-2002, 5:55 AM
You do remember that this thread was about the little Simon Jefferey creature in the LF banner, right?
What could possibly be lower than that?
 Trapezoid
02-14-2002, 4:32 PM
Quaaaaaaack.
 elTee
02-15-2002, 1:22 PM
That whole languages thing was fun while it lasted. I hope that you know that the plural of trapezium is trapezoid in american or english. Did you know that you spell colour with a 'u'? did you know that you spell 'trunk' with a 'b', two 'o's and a 't'? etc etc. Personally, though, I love all those american turns of phrase. Like 'I did it already!!' instead of 'I've already done it.' I use that one a lot.
Simon Jeffrey is English, you say... know I know my chances of working there are not miniscule. I hope to be moving to San Francisco soon anyway, cos I wanna do astronomy and I contacted them about thier university / observatory. I love Frisco so much - all the best companies are based there.
Page: 1 of 1