Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Ideas

Page: 1 of 1
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 10:20 PM
I know, the game hasn't came out yet, but I think they could've added some more stuff to the game.

For example, I think that Rebel and Wookie should get a 5% bonus attack vs. Empire, and vice versa. Same with Gungans/Naboo vs. Trade Fed.

What does the envelope with the black dot mean next to the post name mean?
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 10:29 PM
Other ideas might've included capitol ships, more fighters, and the ability to dogfight.
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 10:53 PM
Wait, the civs should be more specific.
Gungans-Grenadier has 100% attack vs. troopers
Wookies-Don't need any
Empire and Trade Fed-The ships should actually be 5% less expensive and quicker building. Thats is how it was in the movies.
Rebels and Naboo-Shields should upgrade ship hps by 3x, rather than 2x.
 Jedi_Knight
11-10-2001, 1:32 AM
I like the empire and trade fed one but the rebels 5% bonus attack vs empire would kinda suck and seem strange
 Zygomaticus
11-10-2001, 2:47 AM
5% usually doesnt seem to make much of a difference
something like 25% or 33% would sound more sensible
and like aoe civs should probably have building advantages for eg since the wookies are big and stronger they should have a 10 % faster building rate or something
 GB_StormTrooper
11-10-2001, 4:41 AM
Originally posted by krkode
5% usually doesnt seem to make much of a difference
something like 25% or 33% would sound more sensible
and like aoe civs should probably have building advantages for eg since the wookies are big and stronger they should have a 10 % faster building rate or something

Thats true. Also what would be a cool but kinda unfair idea is the Jedi Masters could dodge like stormtroopers and droids blaster rifles with their lightsaber like in the movies and if a Jedi went to Duel an other Jedi, it would last a while because there so good a dodging with their sabers :lsduel: :D
 Com Raven
11-10-2001, 5:33 AM
Just tell us how you want Capitol ships in the game that both are at a reasonable size and stay true to the canon (at least a bit ....)
 Admiral Thrawn
11-10-2001, 9:44 AM
They have to be big, about a hand span on the screen.
 Protoss_Carrier
11-10-2001, 11:43 AM
Capitol ships would work like this. I'll use the empire as an example.

In tech4, the player would be allowed to build capitol ships. They would be able to garrison aircraft in them, like carriers in starcraft. They would be repaired in the capitol ship, and the capitol would supply extra fire. However, they would be weak against AA siege.
 Admiral Thrawn
11-10-2001, 11:52 AM
Actually, I would say that they be weak vs Ion Cannons.
 Paladin
11-10-2001, 5:33 PM
BUT BATTLEGROUNDS DONT HAVE ION CANNONS AS WEAPONS DO THEY!:p
 God
11-11-2001, 9:28 AM
there is that big one they could build in the senerio edtor
Page: 1 of 1