Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Rush

Page: 1 of 1
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 8:52 PM
In AOE, I always do a monk rush, where I would get the relics before the other guy got them. Well, it will be a lot easier to do that in GB because Jedi are more powerful.
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 9:02 PM
Oh yeah, I also figured out which civs in AOE match with GB

Naboo-Byzantines
Both strong in Jedi/Monk, and have mounted unique units

Empire-Koreans
War Wagon= AT-AT

Wookies-Vikings
Same mentality and Beserkers

Gungans-Persians
Both have good mech/calvary, plus huge unique units

Trade Fed-Huns
Neither need houses, both have good mech/calvary

Rebels-Britons
Both have good archers/troopers
 Eets
11-09-2001, 9:17 PM
LOL, Jedi Rush :D

Everyone always forgets to get the relics/holocrons in the game, so they're as good as yours. as for rushing, they take a while to make and are expensive. You'd be better off with a stormtrooper or probot rush :D
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 9:23 PM
Well, I mean if you get a relic, you get gold. I assume you get nova crystal for holocrons? Also, you can win if you collect all five Relic/Holocron.
 Eets
11-09-2001, 9:25 PM
Yeah, if you get a holocron and garrison it inside your jedi temple you get nova crystals. I don't know if they'll have it in the full game or not, but you can't win if you get em all in the demo.
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 9:27 PM
I know this is a GB forum, but anyone know where I can get Starcraft Brood War music downloads that work?
 Stormtrooper
11-09-2001, 9:59 PM
To your question protoss...no, if your enemy has a few bounty hunters he can wipe out your jedi's... some guys tried that on me and i wiped the floor with them... you are going to need a mixed force to be effective, build towers close to resources and watch for scouting partys...don't let his workers build any foward bases or towers and you should do fine.;)
 Protoss_Carrier
11-09-2001, 10:05 PM
I do this rush at soon as possible. Since Padowan Jedi comes before bounty hunters...
 Jedi_Knight
11-10-2001, 1:37 AM
but by the time you have a few jedi the other player will probably have a large number of troops and towers that would probably take out most of your jedi padawans
 Zygomaticus
11-10-2001, 2:49 AM
doesnt it sound kinda wierd "jedi's attacking in groups of 30"
 dlayers
11-10-2001, 8:32 AM
i'm not sure that a jedi 'rush' is possible unless your talking about 5 or less.

They are very nova expensive and that stuff is hard to come by early on.

And the padwans aren't that good...the sabre cat things (you know, the ancient protectors of the holocrons) are a challenge for them.

I guess it would work if you caught them with only a few troopers, but most of the time I wouldn't think that would be effective.
 Admiral Thrawn
11-10-2001, 9:29 AM
Your best idea is to make about two and back them up with stormtroopers.
Page: 1 of 1