Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Old Classics Revived

Page: 1 of 1
 BooJaka14m
02-04-2002, 10:15 AM
Just saw this on the news page and I can't find it anywhere on here so...

According to PCZone (I think it was, I'm too lazy to check) LA are planning to "revive" some of their old classics. So... sequels or re-releases? What say you?
 Metallus
02-04-2002, 10:50 AM
I was told that it was PC Gamer UK. I'd like to get a scan of the article from the person who told me about it.
 Gabez
02-04-2002, 12:31 PM
Hmm, PC Gamer not PC Zone. And I would really like a scanned in copy too.
 itsgood2slide
02-04-2002, 2:33 PM
lets hope if if they rerelease their old adventures they will make them more windows-friendly:rolleyes:
 elTee
02-04-2002, 3:51 PM
I was gonna ask whether they had made the re-release Sam & Max / Day of the Tentacle easier for Win 2000 / ME etc. I hope that its a re-release of Loom cos I want the CD version. Of course, a new adventure sequel would be better...
 Metallus
02-04-2002, 7:11 PM
For those who are confused, inquire within (http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=33&category=lucasartsnews). I think we ought to talk to Tall Guy again to see about sending some scans our way. We won't be allowed to post them on Mojo for legal reasons, but perhaps on the forums(?).
 1.21 Jigawatts?
02-16-2002, 8:38 AM
Hopefully they will finally release "talkie" Monkey Island 1+2

PLEASE!!!!
 elTee
02-16-2002, 2:08 PM
I can scan in a really old PC gamer magazine that has something about a talkie version of Monkey Island 1 if anyones interested
 1.21 Jigawatts?
02-17-2002, 5:52 AM
I think I may have seen that before at WorldofMI or something?
 Gabez
02-17-2002, 9:33 AM
Yeeeeeees, a load of adventure games all on one DVD disk, which work on all computers, have features like talkie versions and enhanced music that's been re-made into MP3s so that you can listen to them out of the game, and it won't sound really bad because you haven't got the right DOS drivers for your sound card. And more! I want MORE!!
 Spaff
02-17-2002, 10:39 PM
There were rumours this tie last year about re hashed adventured from LEC. - rescanned art at 640 x 480 and voices etc

We asked Simon Jeffery if they would ever conside rmaking those at E3, he said they would love to do that if they ever got time for something lke that.

considering all the out sourcing LEC have done, they havnt actually mentioned any game in process thats being made by them.. well maybe a few. who knows, maybe this is finally going to be a possibility.

:)

one day my excellent friends!
 elTee
02-18-2002, 3:45 PM
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a friend who works at Toys R Us. He was looking at the industry magazines for incoming stock. On one list was Escape From Monkey Island.
"So what?" I hear you say.
It was in the Gameboy Advance Category.
 Flirbnic
02-18-2002, 3:57 PM
No! Monkey Island 1 and 2 are like silent films. Voices would ruin them.

And Dom's voice just doesn't come close to fitting with MI1 and MI2 Guybrush... His voice works perfectly with CMI Guybrush, but that's because it's a completely different character.
 elTee
02-18-2002, 4:04 PM
Yeah, I'd rather have a new game than a re-vamped old one.
What would you prefer, Indiana Jones 4 (movie), or a remake of Raiders?
 Lemon Head
02-19-2002, 1:58 PM
A graphical re-working of DOTT and Sam n Max would be superb
 Cookie3118
02-19-2002, 2:41 PM
the old games don't necessarily need to be CHANGED to be re-released. all i ask for is upgraded versions of wahichever (ok, EVERY) game that are compatible with computers of those of us who like to upgrade their OS every *DECADE* or so. is that so much to ask?

~Eva
 Chuzwuzza
02-21-2002, 4:44 AM
Originally posted by Cookie3118
the old games don't necessarily need to be CHANGED to be re-released. all i ask for is upgraded versions of wahichever (ok, EVERY) game that are compatible with computers of those of us who like to upgrade their OS every *DECADE* or so. is that so much to ask?

~Eva

Bah, just get a cruddy old 200meg hard drive, whack DOS on it, get some DOS mouse drivers, sound drivers (virtually all modern sound cards have some form of SoundBlaster 16 compatible DOS drivers), cdrom drivers, and away you go ;)
 1.21 Jigawatts?
02-21-2002, 8:49 AM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
A graphical re-working of DOTT and Sam n Max would be superb

I don't ask for any new graphics,
I just want MI voices!!
 DODSalesManager
02-21-2002, 11:18 PM
I would really love to see an animated (CMI style character designs too) of MI 1 and 2 including voices and some orchestrated versions of the original music!
-DoD
 elTee
02-22-2002, 2:06 AM
Personally I think that they should leave MI1 and 2 as they are, because if they are re-worked then people in the future will look on the originals as rubbish versions of these cool games released in 2002.
 Lemon Head
02-22-2002, 7:54 AM
yeah, i mean i hate to be nostalgic and old and all of that stuff, but re-buffing MI1 and MI2 would be like remaking classic movies.

Just think of your favourit movie and imagine it being done differently with different actors, wouldn't it just seem ".....oh...." to you?

The classic status of monkey island would be spoiled i think if it were to be tinkered with
 1.21 Jigawatts?
02-22-2002, 8:19 AM
I would normally agree,
but I have just always wanted to HEAR the first to MI games.
I'd keep my original copies too,
So I wouldn't be upset if it was a disappointment.
 Gabez
02-22-2002, 1:59 PM
Yes, but wouldn't it be cool if you could have loads of old adventures on ONE DISC, with HIGHER QUALITY sound and HIGHER RESOLUTION graphics, plus the game ACTUALLY WORKING on your PC!?

Common sense says YES! (Vote for me)
Page: 1 of 1