Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP!!!***Monkey Island 1

Page: 1 of 1
 JiveMonkey
02-01-2002, 2:55 PM
Hey- I recently re-installed Monkey Island 1 but can't find my manual, does anyone have a list of the keyboard commands that I can use for the game? If not a complete list, then there's one that I'm looking for thats really bugging me - what key do you press to skip forward the dialogue? It's the period key in MI2 but i don't know what in MI1. Thanks!
 Meksilon
02-01-2002, 5:36 PM
**O*******W********U
OPEN***WALK TO****USE

**C*******P********L
CLOSE**PICK-UP**LOOK-AT

**S*******T********N
PUSH***TALK-TO**TURN-ON

**Y*******G********F
PULL****GIVE****TURN-OFF

Function/Command Keys
Save/Load*************F5*(OR*F1)
Bypass cut-scene******ESC
*Or*press*both*Mouse/Joy*bottons@once
Restart*a*Game********F8
Pause*the*Game********Space*Bar
Sound*Control*********CTRL-S
Message Line Speed:
********Faster +
********Slower -
Sound Control:
********Louder ]
********Softer [
Reposition*Instantly:*CTRL-R
Mouse On:*************CTRL-M
Joystick On:**********CTRL-J
Exit Game:************ALT-X/CTRL-C
Win the game:*********CTRL-W
Version Number:*******CTRL-V

Hope that helps :)

=mek=
 JiveMonkey
02-01-2002, 9:02 PM
thanks a ton man.
 C Shutt
02-01-2002, 9:24 PM
You can't skip individual lines of dialogue in the floppy disk version of Monkey Island 1. I think it's "." in the CD version.
 JiveMonkey
02-01-2002, 9:34 PM
Yeah that's the verson i used to have - i used to own the "monkey island madness" cd-rom but misplaced it, so i had my friend send me his disk version over the internet. Unfortunately, I think I was spoiled with my cd version because the disk version has a non-graphical tool bar and far less music and sound effects as well. Anyone have the CD version online?
 MrManager
02-01-2002, 10:40 PM
I've seen the CMI version that includes MI1 and MI2 for $9.99 at both Best Buy and Costco. Should be affordable enough for most people.
 C Shutt
02-01-2002, 11:21 PM
I prefer the disk version. The music on the CD version is great, but they also changed some graphics for some unknown reason.
 Meksilon
02-02-2002, 2:29 AM
Originally posted by Carl Shutt
I prefer the disk version. The music on the CD version is great, but they also changed some graphics for some unknown reason.Really? What Graphics? I legally own both 3 versions of the game! (Original Disk version which I copied from the manual for here, MI1 CD which I used the manual too add infomation for CD ver and Madness CD). I also own the disk version of MI2... hmm, 2 versions of it. I'm the spoiled one!

Oh yes and I have the codewheels (although they're cool I don't use them to enter the game see my website under the "patches" section).

-Daniel
 C Shutt
02-02-2002, 2:34 AM
Heh. "Both 3 versions".
 Meksilon
02-02-2002, 3:00 AM
Originally posted by Carl Shutt
Heh. "Both 3 versions". I am compleatly awear I said that, and intended it that way, concidering the fact the CD versions are slightly dirrent especially since the original has spanish, french, german, italian and english....

=mek=
 C Shutt
02-02-2002, 3:32 AM
You seem to be missing the point.
 Meksilon
02-02-2002, 3:40 AM
Just tell me about the graphics

=mek=
 Schmatz
02-02-2002, 10:08 AM
Yeah I didn't see any graphics changes either... although some of the inventory items were pictures from MI2 or they were changed from the MI2 ones.
Page: 1 of 1