Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Interesting SW Gamer preview

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord JayVizIon
11-08-2001, 10:25 PM
The newest SW Gamer magazine has a 3 page preview of swgb that is pretty interesting. it focuses more on level designers who worked with gaber on how the game's development came along and also their own personal tips. here's some of the things they had to say:

- the empire is the best all around civ and are the best choice for beginners who are new to the aok like engine

- contrary to popular belief on our boards, LD's (level designers) recommend building air units right away, esp. if you are the rebel alliance.

- if you're playing against gungans and you have jedi with full upgrades, convert the faamba shield generator!

- there are 43 missions

- expect the AI to produce a balanced, appropriate number of units.

- win the "upgrade" war
 darthfergie
11-08-2001, 10:31 PM
43 missions?!?!?!?!?!?:eek:
Wow that is pretty good...:eek:
Then the unlimited supply of scenraio edited maps/scenarios...Wow...

AI producing a balanced and apropriate number of units...
lol
that means the AI will be a push over on the lower settings because they will build about 2 military units...and the higher setting...well who knows...it didn't cause too much trouble in AoK and by the time I've played all the campaigns I shpould have it basically figured out...there will always be different variations of AI personalities though so...no need to worry too much...
 Lord JayVizIon
11-08-2001, 10:35 PM
not necessarily fergie. one of the LD's who tested the game said that in the early version of the game, he went up against 30 AT-AT's and he was able to defeat them eventually. the AI kept cranking out AT after AT but they tweaked it to make the army more well rounded...
 Bobio
11-08-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

- if you're playing against gungans and you have jedi with full upgrades, convert the faamba shield generator!

Wow! What insight :eek:
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-08-2001, 11:24 PM
That's a good tactic. Convert the shield generator! LOL :D. I'd love to see the look on the faces of the guy I'll do that to!!! ROFL!!

I'm looking forward to the "What if" scenarios.

What if Anakin Skywalker didn't go before they left Tatooine?

"I'm cold.."
"Space is cold"
"And my pants are so wet.."
"wtf?"
 Toothless-OMO
11-09-2001, 6:35 AM
What does converting a generator do anywho? I do not have the demo and never played AoE. Insight anyone?

Thanks

Toothless-OMO
 duder
11-09-2001, 7:19 AM
the sheild generators are mobile shields, from sw ep1 that the gunguns use, they are a unique unit to the gunguns. They double the hit points for any unit insdie of them ( or close to it), and jedi's are able to convert any unit, so in theory the gungun unique unit6 can be converted and used for any other force. THey are very useful.
 Dvlos
11-09-2001, 7:38 AM
Converting the Fambaa is a great idea, ahah I didn't even think of it, oh well looks like Gungan players are going to be carrying troops of BH and AA as a mandatory must musts.
Page: 1 of 1