Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

some fan-art

Page: 1 of 1
 mumpizz
01-28-2002, 10:04 AM
not very crowded this forum so I thought I post something
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mumpizz/pics/sam.jpg)

I know the Desoto is wrong, but I found some Images of the whole car after I finished the picture

post more fan-art people! :D

edit: damn f2s-server
 Lemon Head
01-28-2002, 3:29 PM
Hehe, that's superb mumpizz, i hope to see more of your stuff here real soon :)
 SyntheticGerbil
01-28-2002, 4:28 PM
How did you do that?
 mumpizz
01-28-2002, 4:41 PM
I drew it with a pencil, scanned it, traced all the lines with black in photoshop (most time-consuming part) and then put the colors in
a wacom tablet is very useful, I couldn't do that with a mouse :)

edit: corrected my bad english grammar ;)
 Lemon Head
01-28-2002, 4:44 PM
isn't there an easier way?
 mumpizz
01-28-2002, 4:49 PM
I don't think so
working digital is very easy
but I'm just starting with drawing and all that. Maybe there is a way to speed up the whole thing. Or I just have to get more used to my wacom tablet
 Lemon Head
01-28-2002, 5:24 PM
Well it looks as impressive as it sounds, keep up the good work
 iisaac
02-04-2002, 12:47 AM
Excellent work on the hat and the headlights.
 Metallus
02-04-2002, 2:40 AM
I like it. Very classy :cool:.
 JackTheGaffer
02-04-2002, 6:38 PM
Nope

Originally posted by Lemon Head
isn't there an easier way?
 Andrei
02-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Wacom tablets r0x0r.
 JBRAA
03-14-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by mumpizz
not very crowded this forum so I thought I post something
http://www.tef.f2s.com/bilder/sam.jpg)

I know the Desoto is wrong, but I found some Images of the whole car after I finished the picture

post more fan-art people! :D

Hello

I like your picture, can I show it at my site, "Mojo art"?
http://mixnmojo.cjb.net)
It's a gallery of LucasArts fan art

If I can, I got some questions:
1) when you made it
2) what your email is and if I can show it
3) what your name is and if I can show it
4) if I can show your nickname (mumpizz)
5) if you got any site of your own, and if I can link to it.

Thanks. Cool
 Jester
03-14-2002, 7:42 PM
Dust pan, Trash can, try and keep things spic and span (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=12800)

And to keep things that are on a personal level, well, personal.
Danke.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Geez man, shut up with the fan art.
 JBRAA
03-27-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil
Geez man, shut up with the fan art.

He never answered on the PM messager and I don't have his email. Can you blame me?

By the way... bite me ;-)
 Jester
03-27-2002, 8:07 PM
Seems like not much is going in the way of forum response either.
 Metallus
03-27-2002, 9:46 PM
JBRAA, I would advise against inviting Sean to bite you. Someday you'll understand.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-28-2002, 3:40 AM
The only S&M I praticipate in is Sam and Max.

Eh... sigh.
 Jester
03-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Ziiing *sans slap-bass*
 sheaday6
03-29-2002, 12:09 AM
i've never understood the insult "bite me". Maybe its just me, but i'd gladly bite someone if i was mad at them. Like Mike Tyson
 Skinkie
03-30-2002, 3:04 AM
Everybody knows the only proper responce to "Bite Me" is " How hard and where?" If they answer, your on your own
 mumpizz
04-15-2002, 6:33 AM
what's this arguing all about ?
 YTtheMighty
04-15-2002, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by mumpizz
I drew it with a pencil, scanned it, traced all the lines with black in photoshop (most time-consuming part) and then put the colors in
a wacom tablet is very useful, I couldn't do that with a mouse :)

edit: corrected my bad english grammar ;)

Although it seems a little cheaper, the way I do it is insted of tracing lines in photoshop, i just turn the image to black and white with the scan program, then all the grey from the pecil turns black and just copy the new black version into a draw program and edit out the flaws and fill the color. Less time consuming but maybe not as good looking, but it works.

*POI: Don't feel bad about bad english, It is my native language and my grammer is probably worse and I can't spell worth a can of ferminted pickel juice.
 Spaff
04-22-2002, 8:37 AM
what youcan do is adjust the levels using photoshop to fade out the greys and leave only almot pure black and white.

(image > adjust > levels, move the two outer arrows on the graph looking thing towards the center, thats the quickest explanaition possible... go look it up somewhere :)

this will not only clean up the image but leave you with much cleaner and clearer outlines, meaning you can delete the whitespace really easily and not have to trace them again :)

i'm sure jake will come in and give you a full on tutorial if you ask him, but just search on google for a tutrial and you shall find one :)
 Jake
04-23-2002, 4:58 PM
Assuming www.phong.com) still exists they have some good level ajusting tutorials. Also other photoshop tricks.

Also, once you've done the levels ajust, you can turn the black into transparency by inverting the colors of your scan (so the background is black and the lines are white) and pasting it into a new channel, then ctrl (or is it alt)-clicking that channel in the list.

You will get a selection in the shape of your line drawing. Just use the fill tool on a new layer (not a new channel mind you), and your drawing shows up as a transparent layer as if you'd drawn it with the brush tool.

Also, hi Spaff.
 GendoTheGreat
07-19-2002, 8:28 AM
Nice. Wish I could do that.
Page: 1 of 1