Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hopefully this will work...

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
01-27-2002, 12:51 AM
I have sent out a "bulk" mail to some of the most active members of the YaBB forum who haven't made their way back here yet. Here's how it goes:

Hello everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Metallus, webmaster of the Grim Fandango Network. Since is this my first bulk (spam :P) mail, I think I should do it right.

I've contacted you all because you were among the most active members of the old Grim Fandango forums, before the site went down for nearly 3 months. I'm happy to say that the network is back online with brand new forums hosted by LucasForums.com.

A few of our active members from the old days have found their way to the new location, and there are scores of new people posting there. However, I haven't seen any of your names around the forums, so this message is to let you know that you are all MISSED :).

I thought I'd contact you just to see if you're still interested in Grim Fandango and the community. If so, please join us at http://forums.grimfandango2.com) or http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=225). Both of these URLs will point to the new location of the forums, so stop on by!

Thank you for your time,

Metallus
GFN Webmaster

How does that sound? Unfortunately I've already gotten 2 mail delivery errors with the addresses that I found from the YaBB boards, but hopefully most of the people who got it will return!
 Tall Guy
01-27-2002, 6:32 AM
sounds great...we should see a lot of the older members coming back now. ;)
 Metallus
01-27-2002, 6:47 AM
Yes, now we must play the waiting game, a game most familiar to LEC adventure fans.
 Zaarin
01-27-2002, 7:13 AM
I shiver with antici............pation
 MeddlingMonk
01-27-2002, 11:14 AM
No, no, no.

That's "I'm ripe with anticipation." Then some wag replies "I thought I smelled something."
 Tall Guy
01-27-2002, 11:41 AM
in that case, i'm ripe with anticipation...*waits*.....
 Lemon Head
01-27-2002, 6:16 PM
i though i heard something
 Lemon Head
01-27-2002, 6:16 PM
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!
 Tall Guy
01-27-2002, 6:18 PM
damn fruit heads!!, ok we'll try again....I'm ripe with anticipation:p
 Lemon Head
01-27-2002, 6:21 PM
I thought i...smelled something? YEAH YEAH - i own you all :D
 Tall Guy
01-27-2002, 6:44 PM
yep, he's sharp ;)
 HelenW
01-28-2002, 5:37 AM
Just thought I would show my face and say hi seeings as I was one of the ones metallus mailed. My name was hw (I think) back on the old GF site, but I will stick with HelenW from now on, as a lot of people will know me as that from the EMI page. Anyway, nice to see some familiar names from the old site, and I guess I'll see you around the forum!!
 Tall Guy
01-28-2002, 7:17 AM
it seems that email worked well met, loads of people are returning. We should expect a lot more in the coming weeks i recon ;)
 Lemon Head
01-28-2002, 3:49 PM
Smooth work, hombre
 Metallus
01-28-2002, 6:21 PM
Well, I'd been thinking about it for awhile, during the downtime. I had feared that the newer forum people would be too disillusioned to return. Unfortunately Ck. reports that Dockmaster_Velasco most likely won't be returning. I feel partly responsible.
 Tall Guy
01-31-2002, 8:00 AM
ahhhhh...velaso....man we had some good arguments! :( :D
 Fender
02-02-2002, 2:57 PM
Well, *Clap Clap* your mail is working. Well done Met!
Page: 1 of 1