Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Schindlers List

Page: 1 of 1
 elTee
01-26-2002, 5:05 PM
I just watched this again. I remember I watched it at school, and couldn't really hear what was happening, and I've seen it on the telly, but never all at once. So I bought it yesterday and... wow. Its incredible. I know this forum is about LucasArts, but we're all friends here, and I thought i needed to share that with you.
 Rogue Nine
01-26-2002, 7:22 PM
Quite possibly one of the best movies ever made. Powerful, moving, and Liam Neeson was excellent.
 Huz
01-26-2002, 7:38 PM
I assume you saw that Conspiracy thing yesterday?

I expected Shindler's List to be on TV over the next few weeks, but it doesn't seem to be scheduled. Shame.
 Schmatz
01-27-2002, 1:58 AM
Never saw it... but I saw 'Kung Pow! Enter the Fist' and that was funny as hell.
 ProfessorYoda
01-27-2002, 2:11 AM
Ah, we go all the way from Schindler's List to Kung Pow in one short thread. Anyway, I saw Jaws the other day in one of my film classes and Spielberg himself made an appearance and answered questions from the class for about an hour and 45 minutes before the screening. So beat that.

[/name-dropping]
 Tall Guy
01-27-2002, 7:44 AM
and whats with the girl in the red dress in 'shindlers list'?...supposed to be kind of symbolism or summat :(
 Trapezoid
01-27-2002, 12:35 PM
So is Kung Pow good or bad? The commercials are terrible and the few reviews I've seen of it were just as bad, but my parents both saw it and liked it and said it was right up my alley.
 elTee
01-27-2002, 5:44 PM
I always thought that the girl in the red dress was to show that it was the same person who was walking around the ghetto that was on the big jew-bonfire.
SPIELBERG CAME INTO YOUR FILM CLASS?? Bloody L.A. all the best stuff happens in California.
 Lemon Head
01-27-2002, 8:06 PM
i think the girl in red is suppose to be someone schindler notices especially throughout the film so you can kind of relate to how he feels when you see her on the fire.
 Tall Guy
01-28-2002, 8:18 AM
i still think they should issue handouts explaining the complex bits!!...like a small booklet with the video or something!!...yeah i could make a mint on this idea ;) lol
 Alien426
02-24-2002, 8:58 AM
The candles which were lighted in the beginning of the movie were shot in color, too, if memory serves right.
I had a thought that light in the darkness expresses hope, and since you saw the girl at different stages of the movie you were to raise hope that she would survive. When she's seen dead it expresses the hopelessness of the whole situation...

Well, that's just my interpretation. Very good movie, very good soundtrack.
Page: 1 of 1