Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

When Does IGN Generally Do There reviews

Page: 1 of 1
 chrisw_30
11-08-2001, 4:01 PM
Just wondering if any forumers know when IGN.com do there reviews for games (GB)

Do they do it before it comes out or once it hits shelves?
 Sherack Nhar
11-08-2001, 4:13 PM
Usually before they comes out, but don't look forward to their GB review - you're most likely going to have to pay for it through IGN Insider...

IGN changed a lot. They charge for every new reviews now. It's unacceptable, I'm not visiting their site anymore. They can go to hell.

Gamespot is a much better place to get reviews, and they'll probably release their GB review before it comes out too.
 LordQuiGonJinn
11-08-2001, 9:30 PM
IGN sucks now all the good stuff is only available on the Pay to Asscess Insider Club. Its such a rip off. The internet is about the free flow of information and IGN goes and charges for it.
 darthfergie
11-08-2001, 9:34 PM
I doubt that they will keep it secret Sherack...they will probably have a review out for it...just no big interviews for the non-insiders (me)...
 Tie Guy
11-08-2001, 9:38 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
Usually before they comes out, but don't look forward to their GB review - you're most likely going to have to pay for it through IGN Insider...

IGN changed a lot. They charge for every new reviews now. It's unacceptable, I'm not visiting their site anymore. They can go to hell.

Gamespot is a much better place to get reviews, and they'll probably release their GB review before it comes out too.

Yeah, you should never have to pay to gain info on the internet, after all, that is its primary purpose.

But did you notice that Gamespot now make you pay if you want to use their "high speed servers". they say it goes over 100kbps garunteed, which would be very nice but it cost $10 a month.
 darthfergie
11-08-2001, 10:25 PM
in other words they are turning into GameSpy (File Planet...need I say more?)
 Lord JayVizIon
11-08-2001, 10:29 PM
like other forummers before me, IGN is no longer a trusted source to check ratings for games. gamespot is pretty accurate and i expect them to have a rating for swgb the same day the game comes out on shelves (they do it for ps2 games)...
 EndSub
11-09-2001, 12:02 AM
IGN used to be the best review site on the net.....then they discovered advertising ;)
 Sherack Nhar
11-09-2001, 7:39 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie
I doubt that they will keep it secret Sherack...they will probably have a review out for it...just no big interviews for the non-insiders (me)... Unfortunately, they already begun limiting their reviews to IGNInsiders... just try to access the Ghost Recon review, or even Rogue Leader review...
Page: 1 of 1