Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worth?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ben Whatsisname
01-25-2002, 1:39 AM
My fine arts professor said it best "Art is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it"

That being said, I lost the boxes, but I still have the "bullitin board" poster, manual, and codesheet for Maniac Mansion and the codesheet, instruction/hintbook, and newspaper from Zak McKracken. As collectors, how much would these rare items be to you? Hehehehe

--- ignore this post - hit the wrong button...
 JackTheGaffer
01-25-2002, 1:46 AM
Your art professor does not know what he is talking about. Art is in the eye of the beholder. But if you teacher is just talking about $$$ vaule then he is right.
 Ben Whatsisname
01-25-2002, 2:37 AM
Originally posted by JackTheGaffer
Your art professor does not know what he is talking about. Art is in the eye of the beholder. But if you teacher is just talking about $$$ vaule then he is right.

Yeah - he was talking just $$$ value. Not sentimental/cultural value. Just money.
 JackTheGaffer
01-25-2002, 3:04 AM
Ohh, OK. Then I say DITO.
 elTee
01-25-2002, 4:01 AM
To any seasoned collector of LucasArts, or even the whole adventure game genre, my collection is worth mucho peseta. I have all games, in original boxes, complete with all the contents: including the Zak newspaper, the Loom audio drama and the Maniac Mansion poster. Beat that - hint, you can if you own the 3-sided DOTT box. Oh how I want it...
 QueZTone
01-25-2002, 8:23 AM
Wow LucasT, I envy you :) Somehow I hope to get there someday too :) Of original adventures I now have them all in original box and perfect state with the exception of Monkey Island 2 (ouch), Loom, Zak and Maniac

My most recent game aquired in original box is Grim Fandango which I bought sealed from a Swede and FoA and Indy Desktop which I got from LucasArts' Company store :)

Anyway I keep the collecting up, definitly now I order a creditcard ;D

I'm also into collecting the collection archives, as well as american (lucasarts volumes), the united kingdom ones (MI Bounty Pack) and German's (MI Collection, Indy Adventure Kit and Lucas Zehn Adventures)
:D

Aye and I also wanna get the dvd package version of Sam&DoTT, Grim and MI3 sometime :) But they're last on the list of priority cause they're prolly easiest to get nowadays =]

Ben, too bad if you had the boxes, I wouldve bought them from ya =]
 C Shutt
01-25-2002, 9:11 AM
I have the 256 colour talkie version of Loom. I'm willing to sell it for ninety dollars US.
 QueZTone
01-25-2002, 1:18 PM
Carl, boxed? :) Condition? :) All manuals and ingrediants as new? :)
 Trapezoid
01-25-2002, 8:04 PM
Ooh! I've played that version.
I barely remember it, but I recall that I rented it from the video store. Weird, huh?
 AndrewL
02-13-2002, 8:53 PM
I want the lucasarts The Adventurer magazines and will pay big $$$ for em.
 Darnn
02-14-2002, 1:35 AM
I want that talkie Loom, but seeing as I already have one, only with a non-recoverable scratched CD, I'll just wait until they re-release it, or those warez sites finally get it together and start uploading wuality games instead of a cracked version of Half-Life stripped of all sound, with all the weapons modes relaced by the crowbar.
 elTee
02-14-2002, 3:27 PM
I want the talkie CD of Loom too, but on Ebay the only people who sell it are those who sell it in original box, so some idiots put it up to $45. AndrewL, I have the VERY FIRST ADVENTURER! Yeah Baby! Yours for Ј20.
 Trapezoid
02-14-2002, 4:45 PM
=edited by Lemon Head=
Sorry Trap, but this sort of thing shouldn't be encouraged when the products are still on the market.
 elTee
02-15-2002, 1:04 PM
Yes. I heartily disaprove of whatever you wrote.
 Tall Guy
02-15-2002, 3:18 PM
damn i hate it when posts are edited and i didnt get to read them!! ;)
 Gabez
02-17-2002, 5:11 AM
And the meaning of life is

==Message edited by Lemonhead==
 elTee
02-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Lord Lucan is hiding in

What really was at Rennes Le-Chateau was

The Moon landings

Jamie theakston was seen in a
with two
and he doesn't like it that the press know about it.

Only kidding Lemon Head. Its a tough job, but someones got to do it.

(PS.
is gay!!!)
 Navhead
02-22-2002, 9:24 AM
pld Lemonhead
 Schmatz
02-22-2002, 1:49 PM
So, the Lucas mainframe and FTP usernames and passwords are as follows:

=Message edited by Simon Jeffery=

Soon, the Lucasarts site will be my own fun little

=Message edited by Simon Jeffery=